MRC Easy Model at Hobby Lobby

Your forum dedicated to 1/32nd and smaller plastic and metal figures and vehicles.
Axis Nightmare
Officer - Brigadier General

MRC Easy Model at Hobby Lobby

Post by Axis Nightmare » Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:14 pm

I was buying Easy Model 1/72 planes at Hobby Lobby off and on for a couple of years but they rarely changed the examples of any of the planes they carried. The 40% off coupons were great. Most all planes come in a variety of markings and schemes but they would have the same one over and over. I gave up this past fall and got rid of my unopened 1/72 Easy Model stuff. Sure enough, just recently it appears they have turned over most of their planes in markings and paint schemes I had not seen until now. So if you had the same boredom I had with the selection, you might check out a local Hobby Lobby.

What makes the P-51 Mustang so special?

"It would do for 8 hours what a Spitfire would do for 45 minutes."

Brig. Gen. Chuck Yeager

derek_001
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Re: MRC Easy Model at Hobby Lobby

Post by derek_001 » Sun Jan 22, 2012 5:41 am

i love the mrc models every time i go thay have the whole selection of them so inless mrc come out with a new design i dont expect anything different...
WESTERN OKLAHOME R/C AIRCRAFT & MODEL COLLECTER

[CLICK THE LINK BELOW TO VIEW MY COLLECTIONS]

http://forums.fighting118th.com/album.php?u=363

"Flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Douglas Adams

Dauntless

Post by Dauntless » Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:31 am

While browsing for Easy Model to see what they make, I came across Themotorpool.net that has some new ones for 2012 listed including a 1:72 P-61 Black Widow, P-38 Lightning, Fairey Swordfish, and an F2A Brewster Buffalo.
http://www.themotorpool.net/Easy-Model- ... s/1114.htm

An earlier engine variant of the P-38 Lightning will be available too.

Hopefully the Buffalo will be released in a Midway scheme and Finnish airforce. An obscure choice, but a winner because not many if any available out there. The Swordfish (landing gear already fixed) maybe Battle of Bismark, Arc Royal scheme?

Looks like they're venturing into twin engine aircraft with the Lightning and Black Widow.
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::>=}:
Good trader list: hworth18, Threetoughtrucks, mikeg, cjg746, jlspec

derek_001
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by derek_001 » Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:52 am

Dauntless wrote:While browsing for Easy Model to see what they make, I came across Themotorpool.net that has some new ones for 2012 listed including a 1:72 P-61 Black Widow, P-38 Lightning, Fairey Swordfish, and an F2A Brewster Buffalo.
http://www.themotorpool.net/Easy-Model- ... s/1114.htm

An earlier engine variant of the P-38 Lightning will be available too.

Hopefully the Buffalo will be released in a Midway scheme and Finnish airforce. An obscure choice, but a winner because not many if any available out there. The Swordfish (landing gear already fixed) maybe Battle of Bismark, Arc Royal scheme?

Looks like they're venturing into twin engine aircraft with the Lightning and Black Widow.
Nice!! I cant wait to have these....

"Flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Douglas Adams

Rowsdower

Post by Rowsdower » Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:27 am

Thanks for the heads up! HL used to carry the postal stamp planes. They were all different scales but they were very heavy with lots of die-cast metal. I have a B-29, C-47, Black Widow and a Black bunny F-14. I was a little bummed out that they stopped carrying the Postal Stamp planes. They had all kinds of obscure stuff like the huge German Dornair flying boat and a WWII Navy blimp.

I had a 40% off HL coupon but I couldn't make it to the store. They had a Hawker Typhoon I want.
This message brought to you in part by Adderall.

derek_001
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by derek_001 » Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:40 am

the hobby lobby here still carry the postage stamp planes i just recently got the V-22 i already have the nasa F-104 an F-84 and a panther... love the postage stamp planes too theres also some other dicast model thay have up there i dont know the brand but their like 1/150 scale WWII fighters...

Rowsdower

Post by Rowsdower » Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:47 am

The detail on the postal planes is amazing. Even the complex greenhouse nose of the B-29 has all the framing painted. Same with the cockpit on the Black Widow.

I'd really like the Osprey and the Panther. They also had a NASA B-52 I regret not buying. You can get them online but of course your going pay a lot more than HL charged.

derek_001
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by derek_001 » Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:59 am

well i notified badcat is selling them for a little less but with shipping it might be a little more...

Dauntless

Post by Dauntless » Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:21 pm

derek_001 wrote:well i notified badcat is selling them for a little less but with shipping it might be a little more...
Checked that out thanks. That N1K1 Rex Floatplane is tempting. http://www.badcattoys.com/n1rexflpl1mo.html Never saw that one at retail. Where you gonna get a Rex floatplane anywhere else? Some other obscurities in there too.

I tried to find that V-22 Osprey at the HL here. I only saw one and the propeller had fallen off so I didn't buy it. I think it was a return that had been opened. It looked nicely made otherwise. Then they quit carrying them. :?

I've seen the real V-22's flying around here from Kirtland AFB quite a few times. Probably why I couldn't find one, as they got bought up by the locals.

Epap
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Epap » Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:06 pm

MRC's Easy Model line released a brochure several years ago that included the F2A, P-61, IL-2, P-38 and some others---I recall a TBF/TBM, for example----but it takes this company eons to actually get around to making these models ( using HobbyBoss kits ) and releasing them. The fact that a vendor has the P-61, IL-2, etc. on his 2012 menu is no guarantee that they will arrive in 2012, 2013 or even 2014, I'm sorry to say. As for Model Power's Rex, it's been out for a long time and, I believe, can be bought directly from the Model Power site as well as from many other vendors. I expect the Rex to show up eventually, as part of the Hachette Collections Japan series, which I've subscribed to. Here's a picture of some of this series' 1:100th scale Japanese "floaters", plus a 1:72nd scale Altya Pete in the upper row and the Model Power Rex to the far right:Image

Rowsdower

Post by Rowsdower » Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:41 pm

Dauntless wrote:Where you gonna get a Rex floatplane anywhere else? Some other obscurities in there too.

I've seen the real V-22's flying around here from Kirtland AFB quite a few times. Probably why I couldn't find one, as they got bought up by the locals.
Exactly! I love the obscure stuff they put out! I had an Osprey overfly my house last year. I heard it a while before I saw it, weirdest sounding aircraft I've ever encountered! :lol:

Thanks Epap, that is a great bunch you got there. The Japanese sure loved their float planes! I agree with you on the little brochures, they get you interested and then never release the stuff. :roll:

derek_001
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by derek_001 » Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:51 pm

Wait , so EM made an avenger??? Thats something id be more interested in than anything and those V-22s fly over here all the time i dont know why because their not based anywhere around here...
Thats what got me to get one anyways

Epap
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Epap » Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:58 pm

derek_001 wrote:Wait , so EM made an avenger??? Thats something id be more interested in than anything and those V-22s fly over here all the time i dont know why because their not based anywhere around here...
Thats what got me to get one anyways
I didn't say that EM made Avengers. I seem to recall seeing a brochure a while back which had Avengers as well as the planes already mentioned, above, listed as "coming". One of the Avenger schemes---if memory serves---was the famous Battle of Midway bird. I looked, but can't find the brochure. Indeed, as I try to remember the details, I recall that a Bearcat, JU-87D and SBD were also listed.

Rowsdower

Post by Rowsdower » Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:48 pm

Epap wrote:I didn't say that EM made Avengers. I seem to recall seeing a brochure a while back which had Avengers as well as the planes already mentioned, above, listed as "coming". One of the Avenger schemes---if memory serves---was the famous Battle of Midway bird. I looked, but can't find the brochure. Indeed, as I try to remember the details, I recall that a Bearcat, JU-87D and SBD were also listed.
I'm almost positive I remember the Avenger being in one of EM's "teaser" catalogs.

derek_001
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by derek_001 » Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:09 pm

Oh ok my bad, it would be a nice piece to have it would go nice with my corsair and hellcat on my wall...
Do you know if theres any modern russian planes like a MIG-29 or SU-27?

Rowsdower

Post by Rowsdower » Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:47 pm

IIRC, Easymodel did some Russian helicopters. Other than that, I don't think they did any modern Russian stuff though. I've been out of the EM loop for awhile, I just now started buying them again so I'm not entirely sure.

derek_001
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by derek_001 » Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:29 pm

Rowsdower wrote:IIRC, Easymodel did some Russian helicopters. Other than that, I don't think they did any modern Russian stuff though. I've been out of the EM loop for awhile, I just now started buying them again so I'm not entirely sure.
Ok well thats why i was asking i have the russian mi-8 and would like a mig-29 or possibly a 21 to sit next to it...

Axis Nightmare

Post by Axis Nightmare » Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:27 am

Searched MRC Easy Model on Bing and the first hit was their website (Model Rectifier Corp.) They have tons of jets, helicoptors, even some 1/35 figure scenes! Alas, no TBF/TBM or Stukas that appears in the little catalog that comes in the package. MiGs, Sabres, single prop planes, tanks, AFVs of all kind. You can even purchase from the site directly it appears but no 40% off coupons! :(

What makes the P-51 Mustang so special?

"It would do for 8 hours what a Spitfire would do for 45 minutes."

Brig. Gen. Chuck Yeager

derek_001
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by derek_001 » Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:39 am

Thanks for the tip but unfortunately the only EM mig there was on there was the MiG-15 witch id still love to have...
http://www.modelrectifier.com/search/pr ... p?ID=11609
and i did notice this that would really draw more attention to my WWII luftwaffa collection
http://www.modelrectifier.com/search/pr ... p?ID=11606

Rowsdower

Post by Rowsdower » Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:39 am

Thanks for the links to MRC!! Wow, I see a lot of models I want!

Dauntless

Post by Dauntless » Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:01 am

I would buy that Mig-15 or Salamander if I saw it. 8) I found an old catalog that came with my green Mig-3 and it doesn't have any of the new ones in there. It says "Part 1" on it, so must be "Part 2" that has them.

I printed a coupon yesterday and went to both Hobby Lobbys here. There wasn't anything I wanted. :?
I did see two Typhoons with the shark mouth and was tempted, but I already had an earlier version. Maybe later.

No helicopters.

There's an Aleutian P-40E I wouldn't mind having as well as the Flying Tiger P-40 B/C. And any of the Russian WWII Lagg-7's and other Mig-3's.

Rowsdower

Post by Rowsdower » Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:06 am

Dauntless wrote:I would buy that Mig-15 or Salamander if I saw it. 8) I found an old catalog that came with my green Mig-3 and it doesn't have any of the new ones in there. It says "Part 1" on it, so must be "Part 2" that has them.

I printed a coupon yesterday and went to both Hobby Lobbys here. There wasn't anything I wanted. :?
I did see two Typhoons with the shark mouth and was tempted, but I already had an earlier version. Maybe later.

No helicopters.

There's an Aleutian P-40E I wouldn't mind having as well as the Flying Tiger P-40 B/C. And any of the Russian WWII Lagg-7's and other Mig-3's.
Yes, the Salamander is a must-buy for me. I really like the Typhoon, they usually have at least one at my HL so I will have to hit them up again. As for the Aleutian P-40E, I have the 21st 1:48 version and I love it. Later model P-40s with the big chin scoop are just so sexy. :lol: :lol:

Dauntless

Post by Dauntless » Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:10 am

....the later P-40's are, that's why I want a 1:32 or 1:18, but no one will get a clue and make one. :(

derek_001
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by derek_001 » Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:35 pm

I agree the P-40E is the sexist one out there i have bolth 21c ones i dont really like the canopy on the white tail version but the model its self is great would mind having a pearl harbor P-40B/C with a white A6M2a and just wondering if anyone knows if MRC HM ect. make a 1/72 KI-27? i have a passion for fixed gear aircraft...

jridge
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by jridge » Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:55 am

Interesting forum you guys have here. I've been buying these Easy Model aircraft at Hobby Lobby using their 40% off coupons as well. Problem is that all the Hobby Lobbys in my area carry the same 12-15 aircraft - P-40E, P-51D & B, F4F, F6F, 262, 109, 190, Zero, T-6, P-47, Typhoon. And I've bought all these.

So I began looking elsewhere. And since I'm spoiled with the pricing of 40% off, I've been looking for a good price. I found hobby-space.com which is out of China. Good prices on the WWII aircraft - $6.20 each. And if you buy in quantity (more than 7 aircraft), the combined shipping makes the pricing around what I was paying at Hobby Lobby.

Question is, anyone bought from hobby-space.com? Can't find any comments/reviews about them, and I'm kind of hesitant to buy from them for fear of getting taken.

Thanks.