ALL-GO production status

Your forum dedicated to 1/32nd and smaller plastic and metal figures and vehicles.
Molon Lave
Corporal
Corporal

ALL-GO production status

Post by Molon Lave » Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:30 pm

Any update on ALL-GO Toys future 1/32 scale aircraft production?

jkinzel
Officer - Brigadier General

Re: ALL-GO production status

Post by jkinzel » Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:11 pm

:o All-Go is "ALL GONE" LOL.

cjg476
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by cjg476 » Fri Nov 04, 2011 5:40 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Corey
Good Trader Report:
Dauntless-----------------------[Cat]CplSlade
Jlspec
Pickelhaube
Axis nightmare
Flyboy_fx

MG-42

Post by MG-42 » Sat Nov 05, 2011 5:02 am

- MG :p51:
" I love it , God help me ,.. I do love it so". * * * * PATTON * * * *

* In memory of ram04 - 7/15/12 *

Rowsdower

Post by Rowsdower » Sat Nov 05, 2011 8:04 am

That's the new super-realistic 1:18 scale pilot!
This message brought to you in part by Adderall.

MG-42

Post by MG-42 » Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:33 am

.......... actually , that's one of the MIA 1:32 pilots .

- MG :p51:
" I love it , God help me ,.. I do love it so". * * * * PATTON * * * *

* In memory of ram04 - 7/15/12 *

RAD 2112
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by RAD 2112 » Sun Nov 06, 2011 6:43 pm

Actually, I am kind of curious how All-go did with the Shangri-la and Red 19 as well.
Was there enough interest to jump start future production?
There is no security in this life. There is only opportunity.
- Gen Douglas MacArthur

Safe Trader List:
Black Lion VF-213, hworth18, KWR190, nooker 21, Olifant, Tmanthegreat, Trigger1, V2 MAN, vulgarvulture, Coreyeagle48

Roach
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Roach » Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:45 am

Until proven otherwise I believe that the two models released were left over old stock. They do not even have the capability of producing a different box. I hope this is not the case, but without any new products or repaints how can you believe them. They have been making promises for nearly three years.

RAD 2112
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by RAD 2112 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:49 pm

Roach wrote:Until proven otherwise I believe that the two models released were left over old stock. They do not even have the capability of producing a different box. I hope this is not the case, but without any new products or repaints how can you believe them. They have been making promises for nearly three years.
TKO211 already addressed those topics on another thread...

(click link and scroll to bottom)
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=24027&start=100

tko211 wrote:Hi everyone, I had a chance to talk briefly with the CEO of AllGo this weekend. I asked him specifically about the releases of these 1:32 planes. Here is what I got from our conversation.

1. Are these planes new planes or old stock? A: These are new / freshly minted aircraft. There were no overstock left on 1:32 planes.
2. Why no change on the stamp and copyright date? A: Mostly it's legal stuff- It needs to remain copyrighted and originally minted by 21C as the company is still phasing many of the agreements from one entity to the other. Any new molds will be minted differently.
3. Why the old box art? A: Again, it's partly some legal requirements from a license standpoint. Also, there was not enough time to engage thinktank creative (my firm) to make the required adjustments even if there was not other complications previously mentioned.
4. Why no pilots? A: Cost was one factor, that combined with the thought that it seemed the trends were moving towards placing all emphasis on the plane only.

Resolution: This was a rushed effort to put a foot back in the door using what limited resources were available. Without any mass retail support, any effort is very costly. The market is much smaller, the planes have become very costly as China has increased building costs by 3-4X more than 4 years ago. Every penny had to be evaluated. If these sell through there is indeed a plan to move ahead with more releases The next planes in 1:32 will be new paint schemes. Not new molds yet... but investments made into new paint. I was told that these would be 2 planes. And not the P-51B/C or the FW-190A. (my money is on Spitfire, P-51D, Stuka or Bf-109)

The next release will feature the new branding of All-Go and ship in an all new collector box. Pilots, based on feedback will likely now be re-included with follow on releases. If those new painted planes do well, there are plans to bring out new subjects never before offered in these scales as prebuilt, pre-painted, display toys.

The CEO thanked me for calling these to his attention and expressed his sincere thanks to everyone in the collector community for their continued support. He thanked me for my efforts to continue to build that bridge. Also wanted to express his own desire to move into new subjects as quickly as he can, recognizing that it is the only way to move ahead and strengthen the company position so that it can become a major player once again in multiple scales and subjects! Hang in there everyone. Hopefully the best is yet to come.

Hopefully this sheds some light and puts some longterm concerns to rest. I'll continue to keep everyone posted.
- Gen Douglas MacArthur

Safe Trader List:
Black Lion VF-213, hworth18, KWR190, nooker 21, Olifant, Tmanthegreat, Trigger1, V2 MAN, vulgarvulture, Coreyeagle48

Dauntless

Post by Dauntless » Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:54 pm

If I was a bettin' man, and a smart company, It'd be a Redtail P-51D "Bunny" and since they will need some kind of German plane, to coincide with the movie, why not the ace of aces Erik Hartmann's 109? (even though we know they never met in the skies)

The latter 109 is already on the "in the pipe" list and "Bunny" is a good choice, because they've already done the artwork, they just need to shrink it down to 1:32. We can always get some naked lady P-51's later, as we're looking for maximum sales and mass appeal no?

Armchair marketing consultant, roger, over and out. :)
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::>=}:
Good trader list: hworth18, Threetoughtrucks, mikeg, cjg746, jlspec

nooker21
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by nooker21 » Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:23 pm

Yes, I want a redtail! I doubt they'd get it put together and shipped in time, however, even with the easy instructions you just gave them. They should seriously be doing that with a bunch of their P-51s, since they woefully underused the updated D model in 1/32 scale. I think someone mentioned going back and reissuing a bunch of those early D model paint schemes from the lousy first mould, and it would be easy and cheap to push out there again...

vmf214

Post by vmf214 » Sat Nov 12, 2011 12:31 am

Their Spit I feel would do rather well, especially since initially only one scheme was done. Hopefully they can pull everything together and get back in the game again in full strength.
Positive B/S/T refs: hworth18, coreyeagle48, raiderad6, pickelhaube, JOC, american_grenadier, xddave, tmanthegreat

Dauntless

Post by Dauntless » Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:29 am

"NKK Borough of Lambeth" was on the box illustration of the 1:32 Spit, so maybe? Personally I'd like to see all the 1:18 schemes issued in 1:32 and more with the addition of a Spitfire MkV on the "in the pipe" list.

DropTank
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by DropTank » Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:03 am

I have lost all faith in 21st/Four Star Military/All-Go/Whatever following thru with hardly anything anymore let alone getting the jump on producing/marketing planes from an upcoming movie. Heck, I even doubt they get the company Christmas cards mailed out this year before at least April Fools day. :wink:
FLY NAVY

RAD 2112
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by RAD 2112 » Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:45 am

With "Redtails" coming out, it would be a shame if All-Go didn't make some attempt to get a deal on the merchandizing. My concern is that when Lucas is involved on a project, he usually wants the merchandizing rights.
- Gen Douglas MacArthur

Safe Trader List:

Dauntless

Post by Dauntless » Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:41 am

Don't think he can patent the Tuskeegee Airmen can he? It's history.
I wish Walmart or another brick and mortar would try a few 1:32 planes again. Somebody's going to be looking for some I suspect after seeing those Star Wars like air battles no?

[CAT]CplSlade

Post by [CAT]CplSlade » Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:04 pm

Dauntless wrote:Don't think he can patent the Tuskeegee Airmen can he? It's history.
He can't trademark (patents are for inventions) the Airmen, but he can try to block anyone openly making a tie-in to the film. So All-Go could make a redtail but they would be stopped from marketing it as connected to Lucas's movie.

Dauntless

Post by Dauntless » Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:11 am

Damn, so he would have to endorse it, and any tie in. A fragile company like Allgo can't afford any snags in the process. :(

Watch the cheapo companies that provide places like TRU and Big Lots slide a tie-in with crap military toys. They'll get away with it.