FOV re-release the 1/32 Panzer IV

Your forum dedicated to 1/32nd and smaller plastic and metal figures and vehicles.
Heer
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

FOV re-release the 1/32 Panzer IV

Post by Heer » Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:24 pm

I saw on the flying mule website that they had the 1/32 panzer IV tank in stock. It seems that FOV may have re-released this old jem.
http://www.flyingmule.com/products/UM-80014
"...the first 24 hours of the invasion will be decisive...the fate of Germany depends on the outcome...for the Allies, as well as Germany, it will be the longest day." -Erwin Rommel

DomiUK
Corporal
Corporal

Re: FOV re-release the 1/32 Panzer IV

Post by DomiUK » Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:07 am

I do wish they would re issue the motorcycles, my biggest regret is not buying them first time round.

tmanthegreat
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by tmanthegreat » Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:11 am

I got this Panzer from 3000Toys a few months ago (they were marketing it as the S1 version for the 2004 pricetag of $35, but what I got was the 2010 version above). It has much less weathering than the original and the "waffle iron" cammo scheme is rather pronounced and certainly not my favorite. Its a wonderful tooling, however!
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

Heer
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by Heer » Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:53 am

DomiUK wrote:I do wish they would re issue the motorcycles, my biggest regret is not buying them first time round.
I have one of FOV's motorcycles (the poland one), and they are very well done. There may still be some in stock at flying mule, motor pool, etc. Or maybe even ebay. I did a review a few months back also.

I went ahead and ordered this panzer IV, although the price is a bit high.
"...the first 24 hours of the invasion will be decisive...the fate of Germany depends on the outcome...for the Allies, as well as Germany, it will be the longest day." -Erwin Rommel

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:28 pm

The FOV Zundapp motorcycles are long gone... Certainly none at TheFlyingMule as I purchase FOV from there regularly and have a good idea of what they've got in stock :wink:

FOV only ever did two - the gray one and the tan one (I forget which one was the "Poland" one, the gray?) The S1 gray one is a Wehrmacht vehicle and the S2 tan one a Luftwaffe Fallschirmjäger bike. I got lucky and found the S2 tan one at a hobby shop I randomly visited on a road trip a few years ago. They were already getting hard to find then. Certainly this is an item that FOV should re-release, or at least the price for the occasional boxed ones on ebay seem to indicate that :wink:

I know this is a thread about the Panzer IV, but the Zundapp is one of my favorites in my FOV collection.

"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

Heer
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by Heer » Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:43 pm

The tan one is the poland zundapp. That's the one I have. If I remember correctly, I got mine for about $25 about 2 years ago. Maybe some small retailers online may still have them in stock. :D

PanzerArm

Post by PanzerArm » Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:55 pm

I want the gray one. I used to have it but I sold it :(

Heer
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by Heer » Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:26 am

Just recieved the panzer IV yesterday, and spent half of today's morning opening it. The little wires that go through the tank and then back under are a pain in the arse!! :evil: I was constantly worried that the side skirt holders might break. The other wires look like they were tied on by drunks, because they were everywhere and they were really annoying. Nevertheless, it was a real beauty when I got her out. I might do a review later, in detail.