Dragon CyberHobby 60204 DIORarmor

Your forum dedicated to 1/32nd and smaller plastic and metal figures and vehicles.
smh_1021
Sergeant
Sergeant

Dragon CyberHobby 60204 DIORarmor

Post by smh_1021 » Mon Aug 22, 2005 6:53 am

Hey there ....

Just received the Dragon CyberHobby 60204 King Tiger 'Normandy' diorama this morning - pleasantly surprised.
Admittedly, I would have been more impressed if the King Tiger was not a 're-use', but the diorama base (street) is the
heavier poly-resin type base used with the Sturmtigers amd the building and painted American GI are nicely done.

If anyone wants pictures, let me know and I'll send as appropriate. I can also send to have someone post on the forum if appropriate.

Regards.

Juneau@1
Sergeant
Sergeant

Just got mine too!

Post by Juneau@1 » Wed Aug 24, 2005 7:02 pm

It does look really nice, the base is very nicely detailed. I have thought about switching out another tank. I wish they would offer a jagdpanther or one of the upcoming tanks in a diorama. A Stug or Hummel would be cool.
Eric

JJVan
Corporal
Corporal

Post by JJVan » Thu Aug 25, 2005 5:47 am

I would imagine that the sales must be lower for these items, because they used a previous released tank. I know I don't buy them for this reason, and that they do take up a bit more space.

Does anyone have any numbers, ratios, or thoughts on the sales of WW2 stuff vs modern stuff ? Was just wondering if there was gap and if there is how much of a gap. A few of my friends are developing a war game and the discussion and poll seemed to favor WW2, but they decided to go modern to try and get new people interested and give war gamers something other than WW2.

Tshintl
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Tshintl » Thu Aug 25, 2005 12:37 pm

JJVan wrote: Does anyone have any numbers, ratios, or thoughts on the sales of WW2 stuff vs modern stuff ? Was just wondering if there was gap and if there is how much of a gap. A few of my friends are developing a war game and the discussion and poll seemed to favor WW2, but they decided to go modern to try and get new people interested and give war gamers something other than WW2.
I can't give you specific numbers, but can tell you what I've seen from attending the 3 largest wargaming shows in the US each year. WWII is very popular, one of the more popular eras of history wargamed. Modern wargames are certainly there, but from what I've seen there are usually only a fraction of modern games compared to WWII games being played which are very popular. Also, most gamers consider 1:72 to be 20mm (in the same class as 1:76 scale) and is just one of many scales used in both WWII and modern wargaming. 15mm and 28mm are two other popular scales used.