All-Go announces 1/32 aircraft releases updated new pics!

Your forum dedicated to 1/32nd and smaller plastic and metal figures and vehicles.
Molon Lave
Corporal
Corporal

Re: All-Go announces 1/32 aircraft releases updated new pics

Post by Molon Lave » Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:16 pm

My P-51's arrived. Am stashing 2 and use the rest for repaints using "weighted wheels" to replace those skinny wheels. Look for my posts late fall or early 2012. Going to be a Stay At Home Dad for about 18 months and am looking forward to resurrecting a fun pastime.

Here is the lowdown:
Packaging is identical from the 21st Century packaging as stated from previous posts.
The kit I opened has one minor paint flaw on the red nose and minor scuffs on wings, etc.
Date on packaging is 2007
Date on plane is 2007
No pilot
Open canopy included.
Wing racks (hard points) included
Instructions is 2007 (RAF Mustang II is shown in instruction photos)

Legit question indeed, is this result of supply chain overstock? Very easy not to include pilot during fulfillment stage. Perhaps there were no pilots available and the mfg/painting of pilot was a high cost point. Remember, those very same pilots were used on other 51's and 47's, 40's, F4U's etc. The cost to reprint say 5000 cartons especially in China should not be more than $1 each. Then use existing interior packaging.

All-Go's decision to use 21st Century's original packaging with 2007 on packaging and plane just crushed the value to the original release of the Shangri-La. Now I will never be able to sell my original Shangri-La on eBay to that dude who paid $200. :( This could turn into a great Case Study for Harvard Business Review, HBR.

The release method of these planes with 2007 date will irk some collectors.

That said, these 51's are well done and am happy to get a good pre-built 51B/C for less than $40.

If All-Go is visionary (and if mfg is possible) they will paint the B/C and D as Red Tails for limited release in time for the movie by Jan '12. Further, they should work out a deal with Smithsonian to paint some of their planes with markings like those on display (both DC and Udvar-Hazy) or being restored to sell at Smithsonian gift shops. Or for that matter other Air Museums with gift shops with high visitation. Just sayin'.
Last edited by Molon Lave on Sat Sep 03, 2011 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Roach
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Roach » Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:09 pm

The burden of proof is now up to AllGo. I have to assume this old stock and old boxes. At the higher price these planes are probably still worth the purchase price. The problem is that AllGo have not proven that they can deliver a newly produced item even if that item was identical to a previous release.

MG-42
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by MG-42 » Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:37 pm

snake wrote:Prefer if the model came with the pilot figure though, as it adds to the model, particularly when displayed in flight.

Not a deal breaker though.
>>> Sounds contradictory. To me , that is a "deal breaker".

* Had I known for sure and just waited , I would have not got the new AllGo "Shangra-La". If you're like most collectors , and I believe I speak for the majority , you'd want a pilot + new packaging @ least for what its worth. That's what everybody expected. AllGo has blundered. A mistake that may haunt them for some time to come. If they want these to sell to make new ones , then AllGo should've done the logical thing in the first place. "Make everybody happy". I'm afraid though , that the cats already out of the bag.

- MG :p51:
" I love it , God help me ,.. I do love it so". * * * * PATTON * * * *

* In memory of ram04 - 7/15/12 *

hworth18

Post by hworth18 » Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:44 pm

Roach wrote:The burden of proof is now up to AllGo. I have to assume this old stock and old boxes. At the higher price these planes are probably still worth the purchase price. The problem is that AllGo have not proven that they can deliver a newly produced item even if that item was identical to a previous release.
I think if this was old stock, then it wouldn't have taken 6 months to get here and they would have had pilots. Besides, if this was old stock, it would have been liquidated with the rest of 21st's stock when the company went under.
“The moment you think you know what’s going on in a women’s head, is the moment your goose is well and truly cooked”
-Howard Stark

memaddog
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by memaddog » Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:05 pm

I totally agree with "MG-42", as for me, I would rather spend my money on e-bay and Buy one of those being auctioned off from a seller selling one made by 21st Century Toys, knowing that I'm getting the pilot. It would be cheaper also in most cases too. Besides what about the boxes, looks the same as the 21st Century Boxes to me. At least they should have made up new Boxes to Spear-Head their "New" releases I would think? These guys are cutting thier own throats without even trying, SAD!!!! Bad Buisnes cutting corners like "No Pilot" included with these 2 planes!!! I know I won't be Buying One!!!!!

hworth18

Post by hworth18 » Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:15 pm

Well, each to his own then.. But I can promise you that if no one buys these, we won't be seeing the "new" stuff that everyone wants. So, support Algo or not, it's up to you.
I chose to support them because I want new stuff in 1/32. :wink:
“The moment you think you know what’s going on in a women’s head, is the moment your goose is well and truly cooked”
-Howard Stark

MG-42

Post by MG-42 » Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:25 pm

............. we All want new stuff but this a poor marketing strategy to start out w/.

RAD 2112
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by RAD 2112 » Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:34 pm

MG-42 wrote:............. we All want new stuff but this a poor marketing strategy to start out w/.

To quote Odd Ball:
"There you go, more of those negative waves... have a little faith baby, have a little bit of faith."
There is no security in this life. There is only opportunity.
- Gen Douglas MacArthur

Safe Trader List:
Black Lion VF-213, hworth18, KWR190, nooker 21, Olifant, Tmanthegreat, Trigger1, V2 MAN, vulgarvulture, Coreyeagle48

MG-42

Post by MG-42 » Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:42 pm

:lol: :D ... I'm hoping through faith they'll make up for this blunder. :wink:

Dauntless

Post by Dauntless » Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:45 pm

Lots of people spent over $200 for a 1:18 Spotcat without a pilot.
I think you're going to see a lot more of this sort of thing as companies cut corners.
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::>=}:
Good trader list: hworth18, Threetoughtrucks, mikeg, cjg746, jlspec

Roach
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Roach » Sat Sep 03, 2011 12:16 am

I own over 95% of everything in 1/32 amd 1/18 plus a fair amount of 1/6 that 21st century ever made. That is customer loyalty to the extreme. When a company does such a poor job of marketing that it sours a customer like me it is in serious trouble. AllGo is just another name for what is left of the old 21st Century company. I have no problem in paying 40 bucks for 1/32 planes. That is still cheaper than FOV even though the plane is plastic and much cheaper than Corgi. If I am going to buy an item that I already own it at least should be in an AllGo box. I rarely even keep the box, but by having a new package with new box art shows that the company is ready to make an effort to make new models or at least due new paint schemes for old molds. On the surface it looks like AllGo is using up old inventory and boxes to generate some cash. My fear is that we will never see anything new or different.

Go to their website and look what they promise yet they could not even deliver their initial product on time, with a pilot or even in a box with their logo on it. The 21st track record for making promises they had no intention of keeping started long before they went out of business.

RAD 2112
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by RAD 2112 » Sat Sep 03, 2011 7:53 am

I would prefer a pilot with the aircraft as well.
Even if it's on the sprue and I have to paint it myself, it's still better than nothing.

Depending on how well "Red 19" & "Shangri-la" do in sales, we'll know more about All-Go's path forward.
Remember, they dumped a lot of time and money into launching "The Passion Wagon", which went nowhere.
Personally, I thought they should have released it as 1/32, considering they had a great following with their 1/32 P-51B/C/D, Fw-190A/F, and Spitfire aircraft.

Regardless of it's current configuration, I purchased a Shangri-la to support All-Go in hopes that there will be future releases of 1/32 AC.
There is no security in this life. There is only opportunity.
- Gen Douglas MacArthur

Safe Trader List:
Black Lion VF-213, hworth18, KWR190, nooker 21, Olifant, Tmanthegreat, Trigger1, V2 MAN, vulgarvulture, Coreyeagle48

MG-42

Post by MG-42 » Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:15 am

RAD 2112 wrote:I would prefer a pilot with the aircraft as well.
Even if it's on the sprue and I have to paint it myself, it's still better than nothing.

Regardless of it's current configuration, I purchased a Shangri-la to support All-Go in hopes that there will be future releases of 1/32 AC.
>>> I did too but was just disappointed about the MIA pilot. I'm over it and moving on. I'll get another pilot eventually ,

even if I have to rob Peter to pay Paul. I'm (+) AllGo will learn from this and continue to progress.

Last edited by MG-42 on Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

gouchy
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by gouchy » Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:39 am

The thing that AllGo/21st seems to be doing well consistently all thru these years is frustrating their fan base, they should be renamed ArGhhh!

From business point of view - maximising profits with the lowest capital expenditure, i.e cutting corners like reusing existing stocks of old packaging and removing the pilot. Its a risky gamble...
"Be Water, My Friend..."

Good Trader: Tankace

Dauntless

Post by Dauntless » Sat Sep 03, 2011 11:50 am

RAD 2112 wrote:I would prefer a pilot with the aircraft as well.

Depending on how well "Red 19" & "Shangri-la" do in sales, we'll know more about All-Go's path forward.
Remember, they dumped a lot of time and money into launching "The Passion Wagon", which went nowhere.
Personally, I thought they should have released it as 1/32, considering they had a great following with their 1/32 P-51B/C/D, Fw-190A/F, and Spitfire aircraft.

Agreed, (and have said so before also) that a 1:32 "Passion Wagon" would have been a better choice than a 1:18 version to start. Too bad it's not in the "in the pipe" line-up of nudie P-51D's.

If they want to release all of those new schemes in the old 21stC box format it's fine with me. Then they'll match everything (except the Target releases) I have. If you think about it, everything on that "in the pipe" list can be released in the old box, Except maybe the Spitfire MK-V right? Whatever it takes to get them out to us.
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::>=}:
Good trader list: hworth18, Threetoughtrucks, mikeg, cjg746, jlspec

c44
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

I prefer winin' to whinin', but here I go...

Post by c44 » Sat Sep 03, 2011 12:20 pm

...yah, I think not including a pilot was mistake of the month, although I'd be more forgiving if they made them available separately (obviously at a reasonable extra cost)...and is anybody with me that the hard to attain Double Nuthin' and the dark FW 190 (I forget its markings but it was released simultaneously with D.N.) would be obvious choices if AG is gonna go the re-release route? They were hard to find at Target and many were QC disasters, so I think a lot of collectors would like a second crack (or first) at grabbing one of those...
C44
...Believe none of what you hear and half of what you see...

MG-42

Post by MG-42 » Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:54 pm

.......... were you referring to the FW-190F-8 "Black 2" or "White 7" ??? ...

* These would've been good choices to start w/.

456THBG
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by 456THBG » Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:55 pm

gouchy wrote:The thing that AllGo/21st seems to be doing well consistently all thru these years is frustrating their fan base, they should be renamed ArGhhh!

From business point of view - maximising profits with the lowest capital expenditure, i.e cutting corners like reusing existing stocks of old packaging and removing the pilot. Its a risky gamble...
"ArGhhh instead of allgo - Now that is funny :D

Coreyeagle48

Post by Coreyeagle48 » Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:06 pm

Greetings:

I have long since sold my collection of the 21st birds going with more premium stuff for the purposes of my collecting but let me chime in here on this.

It would actually be entirely possible these could be old stocks. It is incredibly interesting that JSI's 1/18 birds do not have pilots and neither does All Go's 1/32 birds. Perhaps one factory made all the pilot figures and that factory kept all the molds due to non payment, so as a result, they have no pilots, neither company. This is an entirely plausible explanation for what is going on.

In hindsight however, this idea of reusing the 21st stuff is a complete joke! All-Go, if you really want to emerge from the shadow of bad business decisions and the 21st garbage that took place this was not the way to do it. You made fools out of yourselves doing this, and the collector base will more than likely be once again laughing at you. I have never seen another company reuse a company's old packing, that's just odd and it doesn't bode well for the future if they can't even design their own box art. Also, what's to say these planes are not old stock, no one really actually knows. Very troubling.

Everyone seems to want to cheerlead for this company "We must support them" "We must buy these" "We must help this company survive so we can have our cheap 1/32" When is this going to stop. This company fails to deliver time and time again, no matter what name it assumes. Look at the competitors, BBI, Corgi, Hobbymaster, their product arrives and when it does it is good quality and on time. This company can do none of that, they had to reuse the old boxes even.

I've grown tired of the stories and the All-Go reps crying for the support of the company. The way these models have been released shows they are not serious about new products and not serious about creating a new image desperately needed. Very troubling for everyone hoping for big things out of this company.

Corey
Trade References

tmanthegreat
hworth18
raiderad6
Snake
USCGSARdog
ThreeToughTrucks
Jnewboy
The one and only "Razor"
Rowsdower
Pizzaguy
pickelhaube
vmf 214
popeye357
JOC
Jwcarpenter

tko211
Fan Club President - All Go Toys

Post by tko211 » Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:18 am

I was also curious to see what the package design was going to be. I had been working with AllGo to develop a new design for 1:18. This was back when the P-51 was going to release. I had hoped that it would have been a reduced 1:32 scale version. As for no pilot- it just baffles me... It's not a complicated or expensive addition. I'll look into both issues and recommend these things happen. I've been told new paint schemes are what would follow next and then some new molds.

Personally I think these planes are new. My guess right now is that for cost savings the use of the same paint and even same box art was part of a immediacy and savings part. New box art means new printing plates. Not a big cost but some for sure.

MG-42

Post by MG-42 » Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:31 am

* Thanks for the update Zach. ... "You seem to be the only person who's willing to listen to their fan base".

Coreyeagle48

Post by Coreyeagle48 » Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:59 pm

Greetings:

I always support Zach and his efforts and he does a good job on this board muddling through everything to try to provide answers and thoughts on the company. I will never "shoot the messenger" as they say with regards to Zach.

While I support Zach's view and thoughts, I can't help but repeat what I said before. If All-Go wanted to put the mistakes of 21st behind them they needed to brand a new image. This would include new box art and possibly even a new box design like BBI did with their F-16. This decision to reuse boxes, sell old stock or reuse boxes is very odd. It doesn't really promote the idea that this is a new company and has new ownership and will have better products. It leads people to believe they will see more of the same.

The new boxes may have cost some to produce and print. But in reality, you have to spend money sometimes to make money and new boxes would have went a long way in starting better relations for this company and making a move toward creating a better fan base, etc.

They did a major stumble here.

Corey
Trade References

tmanthegreat
hworth18
raiderad6
Snake
USCGSARdog
ThreeToughTrucks
Jnewboy
The one and only "Razor"
Rowsdower
Pizzaguy
pickelhaube
vmf 214
popeye357
JOC
Jwcarpenter

Molon Lave
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Molon Lave » Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:52 am

I bought the planes, I like the planes. I like to repaint prebuilt.

However, my stand is: All-Go's marketing decision making truly needs to be questioned.

All-Go positioned itself as a Phoenix risen from the ashes. We as consumers expected new branding and received neither. Only suspicion and disappointment on the true health of All-Go.

Printing new boxes is not that expensive. The dies already exist as well as the plastic inserts only new cost would be for art prep and printing. To print a few thousand boxes "in China" would not be a huge coat factor. Unless there are additional factors with die ownership, relationship with folding carton manufacturing and cash flow we are not aware of.

The bar has been raised high by a valuable asset, the consumer/collector. Let's see what All-Go's next steps should be. Certainly an opportunity for BBI, Corgi and Hobbymaster to further enhance their fan base now exists.

All-Go's new marketplace may fall to "repaint" collectors.

[CAT]CplSlade

Post by [CAT]CplSlade » Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:02 am

How much would it have cost to rework the "2007" stamp into a "2011" to distinguish these planes from what came before?

tko211

Post by tko211 » Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:44 am

Hi everyone, I had a chance to talk briefly with the CEO of AllGo this weekend. I asked him specifically about the releases of these 1:32 planes. Here is what I got from our conversation.

1. Are these planes new planes or old stock? A: These are new / freshly minted aircraft. There were no overstock left on 1:32 planes.
2. Why no change on the stamp and copyright date? A: Mostly it's legal stuff- It needs to remain copyrighted and originally minted by 21C as the company is still phasing many of the agreements from one entity to the other. Any new molds will be minted differently.
3. Why the old box art? A: Again, it's partly some legal requirements from a license standpoint. Also, there was not enough time to engage thinktank creative (my firm) to make the required adjustments even if there was not other complications previously mentioned.
4. Why no pilots? A: Cost was one factor, that combined with the thought that it seemed the trends were moving towards placing all emphasis on the plane only.

Resolution: This was a rushed effort to put a foot back in the door using what limited resources were available. Without any mass retail support, any effort is very costly. The market is much smaller, the planes have become very costly as China has increased building costs by 3-4X more than 4 years ago. Every penny had to be evaluated. If these sell through there is indeed a plan to move ahead with more releases The next planes in 1:32 will be new paint schemes. Not new molds yet... but investments made into new paint. I was told that these would be 2 planes. And not the P-51B/C or the FW-190A. (my money is on Spitfire, P-51D, Stuka or Bf-109)

The next release will feature the new branding of All-Go and ship in an all new collector box. Pilots, based on feedback will likely now be re-included with follow on releases. If those new painted planes do well, there are plans to bring out new subjects never before offered in these scales as prebuilt, pre-painted, display toys.

The CEO thanked me for calling these to his attention and expressed his sincere thanks to everyone in the collector community for their continued support. He thanked me for my efforts to continue to build that bridge. Also wanted to express his own desire to move into new subjects as quickly as he can, recognizing that it is the only way to move ahead and strengthen the company position so that it can become a major player once again in multiple scales and subjects! Hang in there everyone. Hopefully the best is yet to come.

Hopefully this sheds some light and puts some longterm concerns to rest. I'll continue to keep everyone posted.