Differnece between FOV and Motorworks?

Your forum dedicated to 1/32nd and smaller plastic and metal figures and vehicles.
RedBaron
Corporal
Corporal

Differnece between FOV and Motorworks?

Post by RedBaron » Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:24 pm

What s the difference between FOV and Motorworks? Are they the same material? Are there any difference in the models?

I've been wanting to purchase a FOV 1/32 Matilda El Alamein and came across a Motorworks version. What is the difference between these 2?

FOV Matilda
http://aikensairplanes.com/forces%20of% ... v81001.htm

Motorworks Matilda
http://cgi.ebay.com/Motorworks-1-32-U-K ... 27b8e7d046

PanzerArm
Officer - Brigadier General

Re: Differnece between FOV and Motorworks?

Post by PanzerArm » Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:49 pm

Generally FOV tanks were released in two versions Action Grade and Enthusiast Grade. The action grade lacked the detailing/weathering that the enthusiast grade had, and it didn't come with as many accessories or as nice a figure. The prices reflected this as well, and you would have paid (at the time) about $45-$60 for an enthusiast grade and $20-$25 for an action grade. This was not true of all vehicles as some were only released as enthusiast edition, and certain paint schemes were only made in action grade.

Now on to motorworks. If I recall corectly these were the FOV vehicles released at Wal-Mart. They are essentially the same as the action grade vehicles. Action grade and Motorworks vehicles have the same composition and construction as the enthusiast edition, they just lack the refinement so to speak. If you have skill with an airbrush they are definitely work picking up for repaints!

-Kevin

RedBaron
Corporal
Corporal

Post by RedBaron » Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:10 pm

Is there a complete checklist of all FOV action grade and enthusiast 1 32 available somewhere?

PanzerArm

Post by PanzerArm » Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:15 pm

Not that I know of, but I haven't really looked. You might check that 1/32 Comprehensive database in the 1/32nd scale forum. It is a sticky towards the top.

-Kevin

Tshintl
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Tshintl » Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:42 pm

RedBaron wrote:Is there a complete checklist of all FOV action grade and enthusiast 1 32 available somewhere?
I would be interested in a complete and up to date list too if one exists.