Warmaster 1/72

Your forum dedicated to 1/32nd and smaller plastic and metal figures and vehicles.
Tshintl
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Warmaster 1/72

Post by Tshintl » Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:04 pm

Below are the aircraft pictures I have for Warmaster (pictures of the armor will be added either later tonight or Wednesday). This range has not yet been released (it was originally announced and then canceled in 2010), but a rep from the manufacturer did tell me they planned on starting the collection this year.

While there may be some new toolings, a lot of what Warmaster will consist of is existing Altaya/DeAgostini aircraft and armor that is of a better quality (they're all made at the same factory). I should have more information from them right after the Nuremberg Toy Fair.

jkinzel
Officer - Brigadier General

Re: Warmaster 1/72

Post by jkinzel » Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:41 pm

:( Nice but no pilot,No pilot no buy.

Gambit
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Gambit » Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:19 pm

OK, why is diecast52.com all over these pictures?
What's the point?

Tshintl
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Tshintl » Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:52 pm

Gambit wrote:OK, why is diecast52.com all over these pictures?
What's the point?
Websites do this to keep track of their pictures.

Epap
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Epap » Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:01 am

If these are examples of the actual models in this possibly forthcoming line, I'd have to say that they are definitely for the unsophisticated collector who knows very little about the planes they are supposed to depict. Like the IXO series, they use stick-on plastic parts rather than going to the trouble of drilling holes for wing guns and pitot heads, The markings are overly large in some cases and there are some pretty bad errors. The "Rufe" has a tail wheel and, I suspect, retracted main gear and its tail is wrong, which tells me that it is merely a regular Zero attached to floats.

The original Warmaster aircraft line was supposed to sell for $25 per model but that was then and this is now. I don't think that too many serious collectors will pay even that for a canon armed( ? ) F6F sporting such an ugly scheme or a tail sitting P-38 with those ridiculous IXO-style stick-on guns in its nose. Two plusses are the lack of black panel lines and the mottling on that MC-205, which is better than anything done by Corgi, Dragon or HM so far. To sum up, it looks like more fodder for bargain basement eBay sellers to unload on unsuspecting buyers----if there are any of the latter left to con.

snake

Post by snake » Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:59 pm

Agree with Epap.

Looks to be a very "low budget" line.

The Rufe looks to be the best, but apparently has some issues as well.