Witty Wings SU-27

Your forum dedicated to 1/32nd and smaller plastic and metal figures and vehicles.
mosquitomania
Corporal
Corporal

Witty Wings SU-27

Post by mosquitomania » Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:10 am

Hi fellas, yesterday I picked up a Witty Wings SU-27, and this thing is a beauty. The paint work is first rate, and it looks great. One question please. Can the pilots that come in the Witty Wings models be removed? They seem to be made out of some rubber type of substance. Looks like they are glued in. Thanks.
"Mossie Mike"

ostketten
Officer - Brigadier General

Re: Witty Wings SU-27

Post by ostketten » Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:50 am

Just got mine in from Aiken's yesterday, it's the "Blue 31" version. I have not removed it from the box, but I can tell it's an impressive model, not quite up to the standards of HM or CW in terms of panel highlighting, but I would say it's on par in most other respects. If you can, how about taking some pics of the out of the box model on display, and posting some here for us to feast our eyes on. I may pick up another of these soon, I have my sights set on the "Red 07 Evil Eye" that is currently out of stock/on backorder. Sorry I can't help with the pilots question, maybe someone else here who owns one can.
Gen. George S. Patton Jr., 28th Regimental Colonel, 3rd Armored Cavalry Regiment, U.S. Army, "Blood and Steel"

mosquitomania
Corporal
Corporal

Post by mosquitomania » Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:01 pm

Wow, I got the Blue 31 version from Aikens yesterday also! How cool is that? Sally always sends good candy with her orders. I have to disagree with you about the panel lines. I find some of the panel lines like on the Century Wings A-7 to be to deep. Witty Wings did a great job here in my opinion. Love this model!
"Mossie Mike"

ostketten

Post by ostketten » Fri Oct 22, 2010 3:38 pm

have to disagree with you about the panel lines. I find some of the panel lines like on the Century Wings A-7 to be to deep. Witty Wings did a great job here in my opinion.
Perhaps you misunderstood what I was trying to say. It's the lack of panel "highlighting" on the Witty SU-27 not the depth of the panel lines, and if you look closely at a Hobbymaster or Century Wings aircraft you will notice a very thin black line in the grooves that make up the panel sections, which would represent the dirt and grime that would accumulate there on a real aircraft, and IMO make the plane look more realistic, and you won't see that anywhere on the WW SU-27. Anyhow, to each his own and I'm glad you're enjoying your jet.... now how about those pics... :lol:
Gen. George S. Patton Jr., 28th Regimental Colonel, 3rd Armored Cavalry Regiment, U.S. Army, "Blood and Steel"