At my local Tuesday Morning

Your forum dedicated to 1/32nd and smaller plastic and metal figures and vehicles.
Ruger
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

At my local Tuesday Morning

Post by Ruger » Sat Oct 02, 2010 7:52 pm

Based on the info from another's post HERE, I thought I'd check out my local Tuesday Morning store.

While I can't say that it was a goldmine, it did have the 1:35 German figures that others had mentioned. I picked up a few, members of the MG42 Heavy Machine Gun Team, Feldgendarmerie w/Dogs, mainly for the dogs. So I now have 2 1:35 German Shepards which I think will blend in nicely with my modern 1:32. The handlers? Well, I'll see what I can do with them. Likely dispose of them, maybe see if anyone here wants me to mail them to them. I also got the actual machinegunner from the outfit, but even then just so I could steal his machinegun to replace one I lost from a Panther. It'll be a bit small, but better than nothing. At least until I find something better.

They did have the figures to make a complete crew for Wittman's tank, several of each, I think it worked out to enough for three complete crews. I doubt anyone needs three Wittman's, but I imagine he could be easily enough modded into a generic officer. If anyone is wanting any of these guys I can go back and get them, at $2 a figure the crew of 5 is hardly going to break the bank.

In any case, it was about the best 1:32 news to come my way in quite some time, which is saying a lot, since I collect primarily modern, and only 1:32, so 1:35 WWII Germans isn't real high on my want list in the first place. Ahhhh.... For the glory days of years gone by...

MV
"When I went into Kuwait I had 39 tanks, after six weeks of air bombardment, I had 32 left. After 20 minutes in action against the M1's, I had none." Iraqi BN Cdr, 1991
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v253/CanteenX/Blowing-Smoke-sig.jpg[/img]

tmanthegreat
Officer - Brigadier General

Re: At my local Tuesday Morning

Post by tmanthegreat » Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:09 am

Are those the CanDo 1:35 scale tankers? If so, I'd be interested in a set. The Fresno stores have crap as usual :wink:
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

Ruger
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by Ruger » Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:50 pm

tmanthegreat wrote:Are those the CanDo 1:35 scale tankers? If so, I'd be interested in a set. The Fresno stores have crap as usual :wink:

I do believe that's them. I'll pick you up a set when I head that way tomorrow. Then we'll have to see about getting them to you, but I'm sure we can manage that.

MV
"When I went into Kuwait I had 39 tanks, after six weeks of air bombardment, I had 32 left. After 20 minutes in action against the M1's, I had none." Iraqi BN Cdr, 1991
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v253/CanteenX/Blowing-Smoke-sig.jpg[/img]

Ruger
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by Ruger » Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:21 pm

Got 'em. I'll see about getting them to you, but likely not until next week, as I have a busy extended weekend planned. I'll be in touch.

MV

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:26 am

Great! I'm currently without a car so we may have to use the postal system this time around, but the postage should be cheap :wink:
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

YT

Post by YT » Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:39 pm

I found a bunch of 1/144 tanks and planes from Can-Do at mine for $1.99 each. Not my scale, but I grabbed a dozen for my son for Christmas, some are really cool. Tons of WWII German, Modern US and even a snake Stuka.
"There are some people who disagree with me, they are wrong." --Gen George S. Patton

scwarlord
Corporal
Corporal

Post by scwarlord » Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:07 am

Are the 1/144th tanks new arrivals at Tuesday Morning, or are these the remnants of the CAN.DO liquidation in September? If new I'll check out the local stores.

YT

Post by YT » Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:18 am

scwarlord wrote:Are the 1/144th tanks new arrivals at Tuesday Morning, or are these the remnants of the CAN.DO liquidation in September? If new I'll check out the local stores.
These just arrived at the store the day I bought them.
"There are some people who disagree with me, they are wrong." --Gen George S. Patton

EnemyAce
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by EnemyAce » Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:55 am

It's old stock that someone has clearanced out - stuff from 4, 5 years ago that someone couldn't sell at retail.