IXO Pz I B review, with photos added 10.5.10

Your forum dedicated to 1/32nd and smaller plastic and metal figures and vehicles.
Panzer_M
Officer - Brigadier General

IXO Pz I B review, with photos added 10.5.10

Post by Panzer_M » Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:53 pm

Comparing the 234/3 "unfinished" model by HM to the IXO Pz I B I just got in today..and the Pz I is 100x better. Do this versus, with the 234s as they are the only german armour released at the moment..I would have rather done the Pz I vs Pz II, but I hate to say from the photos of the OOB Pz II, IXO beat it with it's Polish Campaign Panzer.

The only fault I have with the Mk.I is the eyeliner around the visors..but the model has the roadwheels done right, numbers and Nat.Markings(yellow crosses for poland'39) are sharp. Exhaust is rusted nice(feature missing from both of HM's 234s and upcoming Pz II by the way). The IXO also has a white bar on the rear deck for aerial ID...which I think is correct for 1939, in 1940 Orange was used as was National Flags(Nazi Govt, not the Naval ensign Aka the Third Reich Battleflag, which has the bars added to the Nazi flag as well as a Iron Cross(where our union is on our flag). Also the smoke rack on the Pz I is there, as is a radio mast, headlights are moulded correctly, and the pionier tools on the panzer look to be correct, and complete for the OMV. Even the rear intake vent is actually a vent and not a decal or painted on...and better defined than the attempts HM made with the 234s.

and the Pz I is 1/2 the size of the 234s.

paid 22 for the Pz I and 22/23 for the 234/2 and 234/3

Case wise, both come in part clear cases, both have the unit(and IXO does the Battle) information.

Pics will be up shortly, charging the camera at the moment.
Last edited by Panzer_M on Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
good traders/sellers/buyers
Alloyskull(x2), PanzerArm(x2), Ostketten, Mikeg,tmanthegreat,Coreyeagle48

StormyThoughts
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: well I hate to say, but I finally got a IXO that owns HM

Post by StormyThoughts » Sat Oct 02, 2010 3:03 am

Panzer_M wrote:Comparing the 234/3 "unfinished" model by HM to the IXO Pz I B I just got in today..and the Pz I is 100x better. Do this versus, with the 234s as they are the only german armour released at the moment..I would have rather done the Pz I vs Pz II, but I hate to say from the photos of the OOB Pz II, IXO beat it with it's Polish Campaign Panzer.
Is it the one You can get at the news agents?

AMERICAN_GRENADIER

Post by AMERICAN_GRENADIER » Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:35 am

IXO is getting better i just wish some one would take on the full line here in the states. i have a good source overseas but he doesnt get everything available
"SEMPER FIDELIS!"
Good Traders: Buckyroo, Razor17019, Sentinel
exether_mega, Snake, thehun, Mesa

Panzer_M

Post by Panzer_M » Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:24 pm

good traders/sellers/buyers
Alloyskull(x2), PanzerArm(x2), Ostketten, Mikeg,tmanthegreat,Coreyeagle48