I've gone brain dead, need P51 help.

Your forum dedicated to 1/32nd and smaller plastic and metal figures and vehicles.
zzzippper
Sergeant
Sergeant

I've gone brain dead, need P51 help.

Post by zzzippper » Fri Sep 03, 2010 2:31 am

I'm looking for a blue-nosed P51, I think flown my John Meyer. I know I've seen it, but who makes it in 1:48 or 1:32? Thanks as always.

uksubs
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Re: I've gone brain dead, need P51 help.

Post by uksubs » Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:27 am

zzzippper wrote:I'm looking for a blue-nosed P51, I think flown my John Meyer. I know I've seen it, but who makes it in 1:48 or 1:32? Thanks as always.
The P51 is 1/35 & made by GMP :p51:

hworth18
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by hworth18 » Fri Sep 03, 2010 3:05 pm

It is Petie 2nd and UKsubs is right, the only large version (1/35) is made by GMP. Both Dragon and Corgi have made it in 1/72.
“The moment you think you know what’s going on in a women’s head, is the moment your goose is well and truly cooked”
-Howard Stark

zzzippper
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by zzzippper » Fri Sep 03, 2010 4:38 pm

Thank you both. Hopefully one of the better makers will see the need.

snake

Post by snake » Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:34 pm

zzzippper wrote:Thank you both. Hopefully one of the better makers will see the need.

zzzippper,

The GMP P-51's and particularly their P-40's, are the absolute class of the field for these aircraft, in this scale. Superior to Corgi, the second best.

Really fantastic models, and also limited.Runs of between 500 to 1500, depending on the aircraft.

These retailed for $150 MSRP, but just didn't sell at that price.And now they are not being made anymore. And the current prices reflect that.

Anywhere from $100+ to $300+. It depends on the aircraft.There are a couple that always command big bucks.

Unfortunately, you are looking for "Petie". A very hard to find, and expensive, GMP model.Probably the hardest one to find. Only "Old Crow" matches it for money having to spend, to aquire it.

Cannot recommend GMP enough, and some of their less desirable versions can still be had for reasonable money.

Here is "Petie"

http://airplanesandmore.com/proddetail. ... ce0e54875f

hworth18

Post by hworth18 » Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:58 pm

snake wrote:
zzzippper wrote:Thank you both. Hopefully one of the better makers will see the need.

zzzippper,

The GMP P-51's and particularly their P-40's, are the absolute class of the field for these aircraft, in this scale. Superior to Corgi, the second best.

Really fantastic models, and also limited.Runs of between 500 to 1500, depending on the aircraft.

These retailed for $150 MSRP, but just didn't sell at that price.And now they are not being made anymore. And the current prices reflect that.

Anywhere from $100+ to $300+. It depends on the aircraft.There are a couple that always command big bucks.

Unfortunately, you are looking for "Petie". A very hard to find, and expensive, GMP model.Probably the hardest one to find. Only "Old Crow" matches it for money having to spend, to aquire it.

Cannot recommend GMP enough, and some of their less desirable versions can still be had for reasonable money.

Here is "Petie"

http://airplanesandmore.com/proddetail. ... ce0e54875f
Snake is correct, GMP makes fine aircraft, some of the best in the hobby. I always believed that their only downfall was that they were 1/35 instead of 1/32 which is the standard in the diecast industry.
“The moment you think you know what’s going on in a women’s head, is the moment your goose is well and truly cooked”
-Howard Stark

zzzippper
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by zzzippper » Sun Sep 05, 2010 4:32 pm

It figures. Just what I want but the wrong scale. I still might consider it. Thanks guys.

hworth18

Post by hworth18 » Sun Sep 05, 2010 6:34 pm

zzzippper wrote:It figures. Just what I want but the wrong scale. I still might consider it. Thanks guys.
I only have one, the Texas Longhorn P-40E and it is probably the finest plane I have in my collection. If you get one, I guarantee you won't regret it.
-Howard Stark

zzzippper
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by zzzippper » Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:10 pm

I think I've decided at some point to get an Eagles Int'l Patty Ann II. Not a Petie but similiar scheme and in my 1:48 scale.