F4U Corsair colors

Your forum dedicated to 1/32nd and smaller plastic and metal figures and vehicles.
tom@skyworkstoys
Corporal
Corporal

F4U Corsair colors

Post by tom@skyworkstoys » Fri May 28, 2010 9:08 pm

I am building a Trumpeter 1/32 Corsair and don't want the usual dark sea blue paint scheme. I would like something like the Brits did in dark and light gray camo, but I can't find any references for it. Does anyone know where I can find some alternate colors for this awesome plane? I already have one with the wings folded up, and one flying from my ceiling, but both are blue and that is why I need a special scheme.
Tom@SkyWorksToys

Dauntless
Officer - Brigadier General
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by Dauntless » Fri May 28, 2010 11:45 pm

This site has quite a few Corsair profiles, though there's only two Brit schemes.
http://www.markstyling.com/F4U.htm
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::>=}:
Good trader list: hworth18, Threetoughtrucks, mikeg, cjg746, jlspec

Epap
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Epap » Sat May 29, 2010 3:20 pm

Take a look at the Hyperscale website's gallery. It contains a large number of descriptions of kit-makes, including many pictures plus commentaries by the builders. These include many references on color schemes. Also, the Wings Palette website, while slow and not terribly easy to navigate, has a gigantic collection of artist's renditions, including the F4U in U.S. and foreign service.

tom@skyworkstoys
Corporal
Corporal

British Corsair

Post by tom@skyworkstoys » Sat May 29, 2010 9:32 pm

Thanks!! Armed with those sites I was able to find not only a British Corsair, but also a night fighter version, and the red factory version from the 1950s. Keep it coming so I can have more choices.
Tom@SkyWorksToys

tom@skyworkstoys
Corporal
Corporal

More?

Post by tom@skyworkstoys » Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:07 pm

Does anyone else have any information on where I can find pics of the British color scheme on the Corsair? The ones listed are nice, but some detail would help.
Tom@SkyWorksToys

Epap
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Epap » Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:43 pm

If you go on the TwinPlane ( Triactus ) website and get to the 1:72nd scale Corgi section, you will find very good pictures of a FAA F4U ( AA33003 ) ) that may be of help.