Forces of valor 130 rmour ?

Your forum dedicated to 1/32nd and smaller plastic and metal figures and vehicles.

Would you buy fov 130 armour?

Poll ended at Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:39 pm

yes
21%
no
79%

Total votes: 19

uksubs
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Forces of valor 130 rmour ?

Post by uksubs » Thu May 13, 2010 12:39 pm

Think FOV would be on to a right winner if it started making 130 armour to go with King & Country soldiers as it miles better

Panzer_M
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by Panzer_M » Thu May 13, 2010 2:56 pm

1:30 ;p

I don't know.

I think IF dragon makes the new Pz IV H w/Zim as their next 1/35 prebuilt, I'd buy it..but it would be the last of my 1:32, 1:35 buys for a while..I'm hooked on 1/72 both prebuilt and kits agains.
good traders/sellers/buyers
Alloyskull(x2), PanzerArm(x2), Ostketten, Mikeg,tmanthegreat,Coreyeagle48

ostketten

Post by ostketten » Fri May 14, 2010 6:35 am

Think FOV would be on to a right winner if it started making 130 armour to go with King & Country soldiers as it miles better
The prospect of that happening seems remote to me. From a manufacturers perspective, I believe it would make more sense for FOV to simply produce a higher quality line of 1/32 figures to go with their current line of 32X armor, than to try and retool for an entirely new line of vehicles in a different scale.

BTW, on the subject of FOV.... has anyone heard about possible release dates for the FOV Pershing re-issue...?? I hope they will offer this in more than one paint scheme this time around.
Gen. George S. Patton Jr., 28th Regimental Colonel, 3rd Armored Cavalry Regiment, U.S. Army, "Blood and Steel"

lightning2000
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

M26 Pershing

Post by lightning2000 » Fri May 14, 2010 7:52 am

Hi,
Currently, the M26 Pershing is set for a late June release, unless the inevitable delay creeps in. :?

I doubt FOV would produce an upscale line of 1:30 or 1:32 scale models. Right now, I think we should be thankful that some new pieces are on the horizon (Jagdtiger, Opel, new Deuce) in today's economic climate. Manufacturers are typically loathe to experiment under times of duress and prefer to stick with what they do best, even if opportunities exist in the market. While this might seem counterintutive, that's the basic way most of these companies approach their business.

Having said that, there's a possibility Hasbro might enter the business. I believe I saw an interview a few days ago conducted by CNBC with Bobby Kotick, the CEO of Activision, which publishes the Call of Duty franchise. He intimated that they had struck a deal with Hasbro, although was tight-lipped concerning its intent. Frankly, I can see a collectible line of vehicles and aircraft down the road, although this is purely conjecture on my part...

Lightning2000
www.themotorpool.net
Create Your Own Battlefield in Miniature or Build Your Own Private War Museum...The Choice is Yours at The Motor Pool!

Rowsdower

Re: M26 Pershing

Post by Rowsdower » Fri May 14, 2010 3:35 pm

lightning2000 wrote:Frankly, I can see a collectible line of vehicles and aircraft down the road, although this is purely conjecture on my part...

Lightning2000
www.themotorpool.net
That would be awesome. 8)
This message brought to you in part by Adderall.

GI546
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Re: M26 Pershing

Post by GI546 » Fri May 14, 2010 3:36 pm

lightning2000 wrote:Hi,
Currently, the M26 Pershing is set for a late June release, unless the inevitable delay creeps in. :?
the delay already creeped in. The original release was may, now it's june.

anyway, it'll be awesome to see hasbro produce 1:18 figures. I would snatch those up as soon as they came on the shelves. Not to mention vehicles(hopefully)!
imagine if they start 1:32 too?
my dreams would've come true.