My second model build- 1/48 Pegasus Bf-109 (Complete!)

Your forum dedicated to 1/32nd and smaller plastic and metal figures and vehicles.
Ferrari250GTO
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

My second model build- 1/48 Pegasus Bf-109 (Complete!)

Post by Ferrari250GTO » Fri Apr 30, 2010 3:52 pm

Well, my second model ever is complete. I really enjoyed this build as it had a bit more color in it than the Zero. I painted it in layers which helped immensely. First the light blue, then the gray violet, then the black green. This time I dipped each part, well submerged each in Future Floor polish. I do like the glossy look, but I think I will apply the Future with a brush next time. It's almost blindingly shiny. Also, this time, I used the Tamiya weathering/makeup looking sets. I used the soot color to basically go over everything, paying most attention to panel lines. I used rust color where the wings meet the fuselage. I used the snow color to go over the tires. For the decals, like last time, I messed one up, but it's no big deal really. Thiis time, I only let them soak in water for about 10 seconds, rather than a minute like before.
Overall, I think I did a hell of a lot better job on this model. I still definitely need some practice, which is why I am going to do an identical plane next. Then we can compare them side by side to see how I improved.
Anyway, I am sure you want to see the pictures more than the story. Here are some shots I took of my second model ever- a 1/48 Pegasus Bf-109, in its best color scheme possible.

Thanks for looking

VMF115
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by VMF115 » Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:04 pm

Nice!!!!!!!!!!! 8) 8) 8)
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Let me hear your guns!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: My what?
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Your guns! Ack, ack, ack, ack, ack!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: [fires his airplane's guns] AHHHH!

Panzer_M

Post by Panzer_M » Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:30 pm

getting better. :wink:

I like the 109 more than the Zeke, but then I am a LW fan.

one more thing you can use the "soot" for is a large streak of exhaust going from the exhaust ports, down the sides of the aircraft to a little past the cockpit to sworn a engine that was "pushed hard" in combat.
good traders/sellers/buyers
Alloyskull(x2), PanzerArm(x2), Ostketten, Mikeg,tmanthegreat,Coreyeagle48

snake

Post by snake » Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:42 pm

Agreed.

You are getting better F250GTO.

But these modeling skills take a long time,and lots of models to "perfect"

You just have to try new techniques,and learn from your mistakes.The only way to keep improving is to keep making models.

Lots of tips and hints available,especially with the internet.Back in my modeling days,I relied on Fine Scale Modeler magazine.Shows you how long it's been since I built a plastic kit.
:lol:

"Practice makes Perfect"

Looking forward to your third model. :wink:

Ferrari250GTO
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Ferrari250GTO » Sat May 01, 2010 5:13 pm

Thank you very much guys!
I'll have to do that on the next one Panzer, its a great idea :)