Some Napoleonic Diorama

Your forum dedicated to 1/32nd and smaller plastic and metal figures and vehicles.
Samuel Alonso
Private First Class
Private First Class

Some Napoleonic Diorama

Post by Samuel Alonso » Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:37 am

Hello,

I created some napoleonic dioramas those last years. My favourite period is the 1813 campaign in Germany.
You can find some pictures of my Leipzig Diorama (6700 figures...) on my blog.

Hope you enjoy it !

Samuel from France

[/url]http://dioramasempire.skyrock.com/
41 years old, i'm living in the south of France. I'm found off collecting toy soldiers (23 000 now...) and building napoleonic dioramas.

ostketten
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by ostketten » Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:18 pm

Awesome, and that thing is HUGE :shock: Wars sure were fought differently in those days. 8) Great diorama.
Gen. George S. Patton Jr., 28th Regimental Colonel, 3rd Armored Cavalry Regiment, U.S. Army, "Blood and Steel"

Samuel Alonso
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Samuel Alonso » Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:10 am

ostketten wrote:Awesome, and that thing is HUGE :shock: Wars sure were fought differently in those days. 8) Great diorama.
Thank you !
41 years old, i'm living in the south of France. I'm found off collecting toy soldiers (23 000 now...) and building napoleonic dioramas.

Samuel Alonso
Private First Class
Private First Class

Thanks

Post by Samuel Alonso » Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:50 am

ostketten wrote:Awesome, and that thing is HUGE :shock: Wars sure were fought differently in those days. 8) Great diorama.
Thank you !

VMF115

Post by VMF115 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:54 am

Cool and Huge !!!! I always liked the Napoleonic wars from a historic view.
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Let me hear your guns!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: My what?
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Your guns! Ack, ack, ack, ack, ack!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: [fires his airplane's guns] AHHHH!

Col.Pickle
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Col.Pickle » Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:33 pm

very cool my friend! It's always a bit jarring for me personally when I see Napoleonic dioramas, as I'm so accustomed to WWII dioramas lacking in big clusters of troops and organized formations.
"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived."
- General Patton

Samuel Alonso
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Samuel Alonso » Sun May 23, 2010 2:08 pm

Col.Pickle wrote:very cool my friend! It's always a bit jarring for me personally when I see Napoleonic dioramas, as I'm so accustomed to WWII dioramas lacking in big clusters of troops and organized formations.
That's the reason why I like this period : possibility to work on huge battles, colorfull uniforms... but I think it's possible to do the same think with segond world war dioramas... :wink: