The price of starting over

Your forum dedicated to 1/32nd and smaller plastic and metal figures and vehicles.
PanzerArm
Officer - Brigadier General

The price of starting over

Post by PanzerArm » Fri Jun 24, 2005 8:10 am

Since I've officially decided to get back into 1/32 collecting I went through the lists of 1/32 I got rid of and came up with a price to replace it. Around $900, without shipping, ouch. It's is definitely going to be a long-term thing, and going to college will interfere somewhat. The collection is going to have to stay put up at home while I live on campus, but I don't think I'd ever sell it off again. Hworth, I can still see that e-mail now, and I regret not listening to your wisdom in such matters...

So what I'm trying to say, even if the then and now time doesn't seem right for such pursuits, don't just get rid of everyhting, you'll probably regret it.

Kevin

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Fri Jun 24, 2005 1:58 pm

Good advice on not selling your stuff and I have already planned to follow it to a tee.

Just because you are in college doesn't mean that you have to stop collecting. In the two years that I went away to school (just graduated), I kept a few 32x and 1:18 items in my apartment. The 32x pieces were very nice as they didn't take up space and displayed well. Only problem was that while at the university, I acquired more vehicles on top of what I already had at home, so when I came back, I had to clear even more room!

Here's a picture of what my desk area in my apartment room looked like:

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Fri Jun 24, 2005 2:22 pm

Congratulations on your Graduaton, Tman!

What's next? Post-grad, job, lounge?...... :lol:

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Fri Jun 24, 2005 10:11 pm

Thanks aferg! I've got a temporary summer job lined up for now and plan on applying to grad-school this fall, with the intent of starting next fall. There is also a potential internship in the works... Luckily there's not much out in the world of small-scale military collecting at the moment so I can save my money - for the upcoming goodies!

pwedeswe
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by pwedeswe » Sat Jun 25, 2005 9:34 am

Hey Panzerarm

As long as you're not a 'completionist', having a break & starting over & getting back into collecting probably gives you more perspective over what to shell your hard earned dollars on and what not to waste it on.

I've got rid of tanks, figures & other assorted stuff in the past but never my books & interest in this field.

Cheers - Pete

KAMIKAZE

Post by KAMIKAZE » Sat Jun 25, 2005 8:43 pm

Sorry to hear you got rid of a lot of your 1/32nd stuff Panzerarm but I'm sure some of us here can get you back up to speed in a hurry. There are more 1/32nd scale "goodies"out on the market than we have seen in a long time. You could not have come back at a better time! 8)

Mark
I'm a legend in my own mind.