FOV question

Your forum dedicated to 1/32nd and smaller plastic and metal figures and vehicles.
GI546
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

FOV question

Post by GI546 » Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:21 pm

hey guys!
does anyone know when FOV started and what their first release(s) were?
just curious.
thx

matt

Ziegler2112
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Ziegler2112 » Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:40 pm

They began producing diecasts in 2003. Check out the link below, it has information on all of the vehicles released that year.

http://www.mikes-tanks.com/FOV.htm

GI546
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by GI546 » Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:05 pm

thanks ziegler2112.

tmanthegreat
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by tmanthegreat » Sun Mar 14, 2010 2:42 pm

That guy sure went all out - and it was quite an informative read. Too bad it only went to 2005 and funny how some of those same tanks in the S1 schemes could still be found at retail into 2009, six years after they were first released.
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

GI546
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by GI546 » Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:11 pm

what retail?
please tell me.
i'm desperate for FOV.

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:38 pm

It depends on where you look.

The Forces of Valor (FOV) line made by Unimax is still going, and they have some new releases and re-releases scheduled for this year. You will find the biggest selection of the diecast Enthusiast grade vehicles at the online stores. Places like Badcat, Smalljoes, Foxhole Toys, Goodstufftogo all have decent selections of the current items.

FOV items were commonly available at mass retail mainly Target and TRU up until last year. They were mostly the Action Grade vehicles, though once in a blue moon, you could find the fancier Enthusiast grade vehicles. Wal Mart once carried some of the S1 vehicles rebranded under their Motorworks lineup back in 2003-2004. FOV items were also available at KB Toys and even K-Mart. Those places in addition to all the small e-tailers and hobbyshops that carried them.

Unimax has largely scaled back the FOV line at mass retail, though you may find some remaining vehicles at TRU. Unimax is focusing their efforts on all the Bravo Team/Assault Force plastic items at Target and TRU. Those cost just as much as the FOV vehicles did and are of inferior quality.

The small retailers and online stores are still carrying a ton of the recent Unimax FOV vehicles. Those will all be Enthusiast grade and expect to pay anywhere between $35-$55 for most items. You can also find many discontinued items on ebay, but be prepared to pay a lot for them.

Oh, and just to explain my terminology, FOV vehicles came in two forms: Enthusiast Grade and Action Grade.

Enthusiast grade vehicles are the fancier type you find at the small retailers. Enthusiast grade vehicles came with more weathering, figures, accessories, and a trading card. They also cost more than the Action Grade vehicles, though both would use the same tooling. The Action Grade vehicles tended to be unweathered, and came with fewer figures, and fewer accessories. The Action Grade vehicles were cheaper.
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

GI546
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by GI546 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:52 am

i know about all the action and enthusiast stuff already.don't insult my intelligence. :D :roll:
anyway to bad ther's not a lot of hobby stores around here (brooklyn), but it looks like my only outlet-in store form-is Jan's.
pretty expensive considering some thing that costs $50 at an online retailer cost $75 there. :(

Sky Ray
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Sky Ray » Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:40 am

GI546 wrote:anyway to bad ther's not a lot of hobby stores around here (brooklyn), but it looks like my only outlet-in store form-is Jan's.
pretty expensive considering some thing that costs $50 at an online retailer cost $75 there. :(
Check FOV's website:
http://www.forcesofvalor.com/WhereToBuy.aspx

click on the U.S.-Canada flags and it will direct you to Panache Place website and then select your location and it will list all the local hobby stores that carry FOV.

GI546
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by GI546 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:46 pm

i've checked before.
just haven't found a place that has a website or has any reviews.
my best bet is a place in jersey.

[CAT]CplSlade

Post by [CAT]CplSlade » Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:23 pm

The guy from the Motor Pool will meet you in Queens for a pickup, so you'll save on shipping (and it's a lot closer than Queens).

I guess Jan had to raise her prices a bit recently. I was back in NYC summer before last and she was still in the $45-$55 range. Seriously, though, I don't know how she manages to keep that place open.

lightning2000
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Queens

Post by lightning2000 » Sat Mar 20, 2010 5:29 am

Hi GI,
As Cpt Slade mentioned, we're over in Queens and carry virtually the entire FOV line, save a few of the slower moving items. We meet people a block off of the Grand Central Parkway so its pretty convenient for most people in the NYC metropolitan area. No tolls, shipping charges, etc. and we tend to run a sale (currently 15% off) to make the items even more attractive.

All we ask is that you call ahead to make sure the item(s) are in stock and again when you get to the location. Its explained on our web site. We even stock their full line of FOV R/C products sans the upcoming helos.

Cordially,

Lightning2000
www.themotorpool.net
Create Your Own Battlefield in Miniature or Build Your Own Private War Museum...The Choice is Yours at The Motor Pool!

GI546
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by GI546 » Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:35 am

[quote="[CAT]CplSlade"]The guy from the Motor Pool will meet you in Queens for a pickup, so you'll save on shipping (and it's a lot closer than Queens).

I guess Jan had to raise her prices a bit recently. I was back in NYC summer before last and she was still in the $45-$55 range. Seriously, though, I don't know how she manages to keep that place open.[/quote]

probably because she's the only one around there that sells it a you know what they say,price and demand.

and lightning,i'll probably be ordering when the new FOV comes out.

GI546
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by GI546 » Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:36 am

[CAT]CplSlade wrote:The guy from the Motor Pool will meet you in Queens for a pickup, so you'll save on shipping (and it's a lot closer than Queens).

I guess Jan had to raise her prices a bit recently. I was back in NYC summer before last and she was still in the $45-$55 range. Seriously, though, I don't know how she manages to keep that place open.
probably because she's the only one around there that sells it a you know what they say,price and demand.

and lightning,i'll probably be ordering when the new FOV comes out.

GI546
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by GI546 » Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:36 am

oops, double post.