FOV 1/32 Jagdtiger

Your forum dedicated to 1/32nd and smaller plastic and metal figures and vehicles.
uksubs
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

FOV 1/32 Jagdtiger

Post by uksubs » Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:26 pm

Just got to say I love the paint finish on the new Jagdtiger [ Image][/img]

snake
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by snake » Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:56 am

That does look pretty nice.

And its a Jagdtiger,not a repaint of a Panther,or Tiger. :D

lightning2000
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Jagdtiger

Post by lightning2000 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:51 am

The dappled ambush scheme has always been one of my favorites. Thanks for posting the pix. Looks yummy...

Lightning2000
www.themotorpool.net
Create Your Own Battlefield in Miniature or Build Your Own Private War Museum...The Choice is Yours at The Motor Pool!

uksubs
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Re: Jagdtiger

Post by uksubs » Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:13 am

[quote="lightning2000"]The dappled ambush scheme has always been one of my favorites. Thanks for posting the pix. Looks yummy...

Your welcome Marc
Let hope they do a King tiger + Panther in the colour next it that good :o

uksubs
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Re: Jagdtiger

Post by uksubs » Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:14 am

[quote="lightning2000"]The dappled ambush scheme has always been one of my favorites. Thanks for posting the pix. Looks yummy...

Your welcome Marc
Let hope they do a King tiger + Panther in the colour next it that good :o

ostketten

Post by ostketten » Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:35 am

That does look pretty nice.
Agreed, very nice. Wonder what unit and/or theater it is supposed to represent...??
Gen. George S. Patton Jr., 28th Regimental Colonel, 3rd Armored Cavalry Regiment, U.S. Army, "Blood and Steel"

Stug45

Post by Stug45 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:42 am

ostketten wrote: Agreed, very nice. Wonder what unit and/or theater it is supposed to represent...??
The period referred to in my reference (the Andrew Devey books) for these two Jagdtigers, is March 22-23 1945. These were two out of three vehicles of s.Pz.Jg.Abt 653 deployed near Neustadt. I quote the following, lifted directly from the second volume:

"Lt Kasper Geoggler, in Jagdtiger No. 331, commanded the third Kampfgruppe from 3/653. He placed the three Jagdtigers into a good position north of Neustadt with a commanding view of the approach roads to the town......
....From camouflage positions, the three Jagdtigers engaged a US tank column; the first and last vehicles were shot up followed by the rest. The Shermans and M10 tank destroyers returned fire. Two Jagdtigers, Geoggler's and another, No. 323 were hit ten times between them, they withdrew into Neustadt. Twenty-five US tanks were claimed destroyed, none of the Jagdtiger crews suffered any serious injuries, and the thick sloping armor had done its job.
In Neustadt, No. 323 broke down while trying to maneuver into a firing position in a garden. On the road opposite, No. 331 was placed outside house number 70, Landauer Strasse, to fire up the road. When its last round went into the chamber, the recoil cylinder was drained and the gun fired. This jammed it in the full recoil position, and unusable to the Americans.
Geoggler's men left with the half-tracks and the third Jagdtiger No. 234, they drove back to Zeiskam where No. 234 was again in action at the railway level crossing. A shot broke its right track, after which it was abandoned and blown up."
The mind is the limit. As long as the mind can envision the fact that you can do something, you can do it, as long as you really believe 100 percent.

ostketten

Post by ostketten » Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:03 am

Great info, thanks for posting it Stug... 8)
Gen. George S. Patton Jr., 28th Regimental Colonel, 3rd Armored Cavalry Regiment, U.S. Army, "Blood and Steel"

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:38 am

That looks fantastic! I'm down for it for sure as it looks much better than the 21c version 8)
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

ostketten

Post by ostketten » Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:34 am

.... as it looks much better than the 21c version
Perhaps, but considering that it will likely run about $60+ to bring one home when they are available, I can't honestly see where it's all that much better than this 21st Cold Steel version, and at about a third of the cost..... but a sign of the times I suppose, and I share your enthusiasm for the FOV Jagdtiger. 8)

Click Thumbnails to enlarge...

uksubs
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by uksubs » Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:46 am

ostketten wrote:
.... as it looks much better than the 21c version
Perhaps, but considering that it will likely run about $60+ to bring one home when they are available, I can't honestly see where it's all that much better than this 21st Cold Steel version, and at about a third of the cost..... but a sign of the times I suppose, and I share your enthusiasm for the FOV Jagdtiger. 8)

Click Thumbnails to enlarge...

I've got the 21'Century one & the FOV one looks miles better , your one cry out plastic :lol:

ostketten

Post by ostketten » Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:41 am

your one cry out plastic...
"Cold Steel" equals Die Cast upper hull... Whose cryin' now...??? 8) :lol: 8) But whatever makes you happy dude.... :lol:

uksubs
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by uksubs » Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:59 am

ostketten wrote:
your one cry out plastic...
"Cold Steel" equals Die Cast upper hull... Whose cryin' now...??? 8) :lol: 8) Whatever makes you happy dude.... :lol:
I'm just saying the 21Century look cheap + it not right & should have a extra road wheel each side

ostketten

Post by ostketten » Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:14 pm

OK