First legion

Your forum dedicated to 1/32nd and smaller plastic and metal figures and vehicles.
doubledottedrhythm
Private First Class
Private First Class

First legion

Post by doubledottedrhythm » Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:15 pm

what do you guys think of first legion miniatures ww2 sets ?
Last edited by doubledottedrhythm on Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

hworth18
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by hworth18 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:30 am

Opps, I was wrong.. Apparently a 54mm site.. :oops:
“The moment you think you know what’s going on in a women’s head, is the moment your goose is well and truly cooked”
-Howard Stark

hworth18

Post by hworth18 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:41 pm

The figures look really nice, prepainted?
“The moment you think you know what’s going on in a women’s head, is the moment your goose is well and truly cooked”
-Howard Stark

DomiUK
Corporal
Corporal

Post by DomiUK » Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:59 am

they are prepainted to quite a stunning standard but......

$50 EACH.

They are however simply stunning.

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:55 am

i've seen prepainted figures from a russian company, St. Petersburg, i think they're called, that are a lot more than that. Some run close to $100 for a 54mm figure. Apparently quite popular.
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

ketelone

Post by ketelone » Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:56 pm

First Legion soldiers are fantastic but pricey..... Extremely well painted and detailed. Their vehicles are nice but not worth the price in my opinion.
Ketelone

"Freedom is not free."

doubledottedrhythm
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by doubledottedrhythm » Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:48 pm

a nepoleon set turned up on ebay in the UK just before christmas and it ended at £760 ($1200).i think the UK 1/32 market has gone mad.king & country fetch big prices as do figarti,though collectors showcase are still my favourite (great poses) (good prices).well thats enough nerding the net,i got some TSSD to paint for the kids so i better get on with it.

firstlegion
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by firstlegion » Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:45 pm

I just noticed that there are a few conversations about our figures on this forum and I thought I would pop in and make a few comments.

First, our figures can certainly be viewed as expensive by some - it all depends on what you're used to. But when you consider that an unpainted figure kit can cost up to about $30 for a high quality sculpt like ours, our figures are a bargain at $45-$50 or so for a foot figure with our sculpting quality and painting quality. In fact, our company is pretty known at this point for offering the best price to quality ratio of any painted figure company in the world.

Second, just to clear up a misconception - our vehicles are not plastic, they're resin with a few plastic (or copper, photo etched) parts where resin isn't possible or not strong enough. Most companies who make vehicles like ours make them in Polystone, which is an absurdly heavy, cheap, and very low detail material. Using resin we can achieve a much higher level of detail and accuracy. As to whether or not they're worth the money, our customers seem to feel that they are as they are extremely accurate 1/30th scale vehicles painted to an extremely high quality.

That's it, I'll leave you guys to your discussions!

Best,

Matt

conteaddict
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by conteaddict » Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:25 pm

I have to agree the figures may be a little out of my price range but they look to be worth the money.
KANE LIVES
Good Traders: Cabe, Bandit