New 1/72 scale collection from Altaya

Your forum dedicated to 1/32nd and smaller plastic and metal figures and vehicles.
csiemers
Corporal
Corporal

Post by csiemers » Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:56 am

ostketten wrote: Just curious but did your items ship from here in the US or did they come from across the pond..?? I'm giving them 48 hrs to give me a satisfactory response, and if I don't get one I'll file a claim with Paypal.
It's shipped from across the pond.
-Cary
http://www.wwiivehicles.com

AMERICAN_GRENADIER
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by AMERICAN_GRENADIER » Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:32 am

i had some trouble they took care of it. heres the email address for the QC guy
[email protected]
"SEMPER FIDELIS!"
Good Traders: Buckyroo, Razor17019, Sentinel
exether_mega, Snake, thehun, Mesa

ostketten

Post by ostketten » Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:37 pm

Still no response from DeAgostini USA, and no tanks after nearly 30 days (29 to be exact) so I filed a Paypal claim today. We'll see what happens.
Gen. George S. Patton Jr., 28th Regimental Colonel, 3rd Armored Cavalry Regiment, U.S. Army, "Blood and Steel"

lightning2000
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Altaya Tanks

Post by lightning2000 » Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:31 am

Hi Ace,
We could easily give them a boost in sales and increase their exposure, however, there's a couple of problems with the scenario. If they dont have US distribution, then these products have to be imported from outside the country. That means clearing customs, excessive shipping costs, opening letters of credit to bring in the goods, blah, blah, blah.

If they're willing to work with us, perhaps acting as their distribution partner, then we'd be willing to listen. Of course, if they're looking to sell the product at prices less than what we could put them out for, then the whole deal is moot. Considering they went to great lengths to put together a quality web site, I'm inclined to believe they wont change anything on the retailer's behalf. Anyway, this happened years ago with Yat Ming, when they decided to sell their 1:48 scale planes at prices below our sheet cost direct to the consumer. Needless to say, they learned the hard way that cutting out the retailer comes back to bite them in the end. Another reason why you dont see more manufacturers in the US try to sell direct -- its always a tricky scenario that requires extra labor, taking B-to-C payments, handling returns, etc.

Lightning2000
www.themotorpool.net
Create Your Own Battlefield in Miniature or Build Your Own Private War Museum...The Choice is Yours at The Motor Pool!

AMERICAN_GRENADIER

Post by AMERICAN_GRENADIER » Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:54 pm

i cant say who yet but a U.S. estore is bringing these in! i just hope it the WWII stuff
"SEMPER FIDELIS!"
Good Traders: Buckyroo, Razor17019, Sentinel
exether_mega, Snake, thehun, Mesa

PAK38
Corporal
Corporal

Re: New 1/72 scale collection from Altaya

Post by PAK38 » Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:21 am

This line of 1/72 scale vehicles has been expanded to include several more offerings. Check them out.

http://www.model-tanks.com

PAK38
Corporal
Corporal

Re:New 1/72 scale collection from Altaya

Post by PAK38 » Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:24 am

Well, I did it again...please try THIS link to view the offerings in this line.

http://www.tank-models.com