FOV Porsche King Tiger

Your forum dedicated to 1/32nd and smaller plastic and metal figures and vehicles.
panzertruppen
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by panzertruppen » Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:49 am

Nice review thanks for posting this :D
"The engine of the Panzer is a weapon just as the main gun."

Major-General Heinz Guderian

MG-42
Officer - Brigadier General

[+] New FoV KT w/ Porsche Turret )>---------

Post by MG-42 » Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:51 pm

* I'll just simply paint different #'s on mine then. :wink: :P 8)

- Mitch v MG
" I love it , God help me ,.. I do love it so". * * * * PATTON * * * *

* In memory of ram04 - 7/15/12 *

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:24 am

Got my FOV King Tiger yesterday. I like the paintjob and the turret detail is nice - including the partial gun breach and crew seats - which does not happen often with FOV tanks. The zimermit is always a nice touch and the tank has somewhat of a more realistic appearance than the 21c version in terms of the paint job. The gap beneath the turret is certainly noticable and should not have been there in the first place, but it is something I can live with for the time being.

What annoyed me about my particlular model was that one of the axels for one of the wheels was slightly warped, causing the wheel to bend slightly upward, looking like it had been shot at or something. This stuck out among all the other wheels which were parallel to the side fo the hull. So, with a little bit of super glue and a rubber band, I was able to bend the axel back into place and the wheel looks fine now. My tank was also missing the little shovel - it was not put in there at the factory. That was easy to fix, though.
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."