Tuesday Morning

Your forum dedicated to 1/32nd and smaller plastic and metal figures and vehicles.
blurx7
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Tuesday Morning

Post by blurx7 » Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:44 pm

Right on schedule for it's annual dispursal of overstock Corgi stuff, Tuesday Morning has apparently begun again. I just left a store near my house with a couple of items that were not there the last time I checked. I picked up a 1/72 P-47 from the Aviation Archive series, plus a 1/50 Sherman with 3 figures from the Skirmish series. $14.99 each. They also had several 1/72 P-40s in the Flying Tiger scheme. These were $9.99 each. I cannot remember the name of the series, but it is the less expensive series that came without landing gear. I did not see anything else at this store (other than some fire engines) but I guess it is time to make the rounds to all the local TM outlets around here.
Geoff

Rowsdower
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by Rowsdower » Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:01 am

The one or two times I actually found any Corgi at that store it was broken or had parts missing. Unless you're into dinnerware or assorted cheap crap the TM here is a waste of time and gas. :evil: :evil:
This message brought to you in part by Adderall.

blurx7
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by blurx7 » Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:13 am

Sounds like you have had a bad experience. That's bad luck. Myself, I have found a lot of good deals there. Over the years, I have picked up one B-17, 2 Liberators, a Heinkel and a Mitchell along with many different smaller planes and a whole array of different tanks. Tuesday Morning has been very good to me! :D
Geoff

hworth18

Post by hworth18 » Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:49 am

I have bought a bunch of Corgi form Tuesday morning and always been happy with it.
“The moment you think you know what’s going on in a women’s head, is the moment your goose is well and truly cooked”
-Howard Stark

AlloySkull

Post by AlloySkull » Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:27 pm

This is good news to me. I've started to pick up 1/48 and 1/72 now since mid-price 1/32 is dwindling. My first 1/72 was the new Bravo Team F/A-18 of Black Aces. I'm quite pleased with it so I plan on picking up the other three.

A Corgi bomber would really be cool. I've passed on a B-25 before, but I should have grabbed it.
[img]http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j317/alloyskull101/siggygpxd-1.gif[/img]
Good Traders:
KAMIKAZE
Ruger
Olifant
Panzer M

Rowsdower

Post by Rowsdower » Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:11 pm

blurx7 wrote:Tuesday Morning has been very good to me! :D
Good for you. :roll: :P
Last edited by Rowsdower on Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This message brought to you in part by Adderall.

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:09 am

Usually my local Tuesday Morning stores are very much like what Rowsdower described... not much of anything of interest to me. Today I lucked out a little, however, and actually found some decent Corgi items. Not bombers or anything, but a nice P-47D and P-51C in PTO schemes from the Aviation Archive line. The store also had a Corgi Forward March set of RAF pilots that make a Battle of Britain scramble scene (I saved $50 on that!)

I will check out my other local Tuesday Morning to see what I might stumble upon there. Believe it or not, what I found today marks THE FIRST TIME I've ever found "nice" Corgi collectables at any of my two local stores.
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

blurx7
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by blurx7 » Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:42 pm

Visited a TM again today ( it had been awhile) and there was some new stock. Corgi Warhawk series P-40 (Kittyhawk) in RAAF livery plus a nice surprise... two different IXO models. First time I have found IXO at TM and I hope it continues. Found a Dauntless and a Hellcat... $9.99 each.
If this follows previous distribution at TM then I expect other stores in the chain will have additional variety. If you like 1/72 diecast planes you might want to pay a visit to TM if there is one near you.... unless of course, like Rowsdower, your local store sucks... :wink:
Geoff

jlspec
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by jlspec » Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:18 pm

TM here still has several from early August F-104, Immelman Stuka, P-47, Tommys Dad P-51