21C News

Your forum dedicated to 1/32nd and smaller plastic and metal figures and vehicles.
rmoore456
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

21C News

Post by rmoore456 » Thu May 05, 2005 2:13 pm

Spoke with Sean at 21C today. Here is some of the news he gave me. The 1/32nd P-47 should be out in July and the FW-190 they are still working on the tooling. We will probably see a Zero in 1/32nd before 1/18th. The current batch of 1/18 and 1/32 is only shipping to select Walmarts, near military installations, and there will be wider distribution in the fall possibly as early as August. The tooling for the 1/18 Avenger is still being worked on. There are several, he said, new products sitting at Walmart warehouses waiting for the current stock to sell down. He didn't elaborate on what the "new" products were. The 1/32 kits showing up are the same paint schemes as previously released. Look for more modern planes in the future.

Ray

tmanthegreat
Officer - Brigadier General
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by tmanthegreat » Thu May 05, 2005 3:33 pm

Thanks for the info. Looks like things are going to be good with the 1:32 stuff for a while. The new products may well be the 32x Jagdtiger and King Tiger, and perhaps something else, though I won't speculate. Interesting comment about the Zero. In a way, that would be a similar strategy as what seems to have been done with the ME-262. Make one in 1:32 and see how it sells. If it does well, then make the bigger version. (I have a certain feeling that a 32x Zero will sell well, and 21c will be chigrinned and realize they should have made one years ago!)

rmoore456
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by rmoore456 » Thu May 05, 2005 5:30 pm

tmanthegreat wrote:Thanks for the info. Looks like things are going to be good with the 1:32 stuff for a while. The new products may well be the 32x Jagdtiger and King Tiger, and perhaps something else, though I won't speculate. Interesting comment about the Zero. In a way, that would be a similar strategy as what seems to have been done with the ME-262. Make one in 1:32 and see how it sells. If it does well, then make the bigger version. (I have a certain feeling that a 32x Zero will sell well, and 21c will be chigrinned and realize they should have made one years ago!)
Thats pretty much how he put it on the Zero. If the 1/32 sells well a 1/18 will probably be made.

Ray