A good couple months in 1/72 armour

Your forum dedicated to 1/32nd and smaller plastic and metal figures and vehicles.
Juneau@1
Sergeant
Sergeant

A good couple months in 1/72 armour

Post by Juneau@1 » Sun Mar 22, 2009 6:42 am

My diecast dealer usually holds stuff for and then ships it all at once. Looking at what is to be released this month plus what I already have on hold, I might get the following in one shipment:
1/72 Easy Model Brumbar (hopefully Dragon will release a better version in the near future)
1/72 Dragon Panzer IV grey scheme
1/72 Hobby Master M8
1/72 Hobby Master M20

Possibly
1/72 Dagon Panzer IV winter scheme
1/72 Easy Model French Char B1

Not a bad group of new armour.
Eric

gary1930
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by gary1930 » Sun Mar 22, 2009 7:03 am

Please tell us about the quality of 1/72 Easy Model stuff.

tmanthegreat
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by tmanthegreat » Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:51 am

Hmm... I Like the sound of the French Char B1. Now we need a Matilda, Panzer IV D, Panzer III, Panzer II and Panzer I to go with it for the Blitzkrieg setup 8)

Easymodel tanks are pretty good. They have a level of detail on par to that of Dragon or Hobbymaster (though not quite as good) and they are of entirely plastic construction. They also cost $5 to $10 less than the competition :wink:
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

Juneau@1
Sergeant
Sergeant

1/72 Easy Model

Post by Juneau@1 » Sun Mar 22, 2009 1:34 pm

The Easy Model tanks aren't bad, but the quality in terms of detail and paint is not up to the level of Dragon or Hobby Master. Still they are nice and cheaper. I use them as stand ins until Dragon or Hobby Master makes the tank.
Altaya made a Matilda and should be making a Panzer II sometime in the near future. The biggest problem is the shipping from Europe. I think we will see an early model Stug III from Easy Model soon and a Panzer III from Easy Model and Dragon sometime in the future.
Eric

cheesecake
Corporal
Corporal

Post by cheesecake » Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:52 am

personally, i like the EM stuff.

But their last releases are bad looking i think.
The different camo choosen are not very pretty, too simple :

King Tiger,
JgPz IV,
brumbar
jagdtiger
StugIV

and always these awful grey rollers

the cartoons on their catalog are more beautiful !

on the other hand i will buy the 3 B1 Bis, because, camo are nice and a french tank, it's unusual, so interesting.

Rowsdower

Post by Rowsdower » Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:55 am

I've got a few 1:72 pieces. With 1:32 looking so dismal I'm going to be getting more.
This message brought to you in part by Adderall.

AMERICAN_GRENADIER

Post by AMERICAN_GRENADIER » Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:49 am

the dragon panzer iv hit ebay today. i bought 2 im going to try and make my own skirts. heres the listing
http://cgi.ebay.com/DRAGON-ARMOR-1-72-G ... 7C294%3A50
"SEMPER FIDELIS!"
Good Traders: Buckyroo, Razor17019, Sentinel
exether_mega, Snake, thehun, Mesa

skypirate
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by skypirate » Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:34 pm

Easy Model tanks are interesting.

Cheaper, yes, but it's kind of comparing apples to oranges. Packaging that resembles Dragon Armor, but lacking the plastic display case.

Their strong point seems to be producing the models that the other manufacturers haven't gotten around to.

I think they do a good job, with general weathering/dirt. Don't care for the paint on the wheels rarely matching the chassis.

On average, they seem to do better with the treads on Shermans than Dragon.

Agreed on the their camo being disappointing. Lacks the finesse of Dragon's. On their planes it seems like they're using the base plastic for one color and then just applying a secondary color. You can see different reflective qualities between the plastic and painted parts. The unpainted plastic surfaces look like, plastic.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to the Brumbar, M8, M20 and their Stug III.

The actually camo paint on the various Brumbars were a let down. Didn't remotely match the illustrations floating around on some sites.

They need to spend a couple of bucks and have somebody proof read their copy on the back of the boxes. It's frequently an amusing read.