Miniature Building Authority

Your forum dedicated to 1/32nd and smaller plastic and metal figures and vehicles.
ostketten
Officer - Brigadier General

Miniature Building Authority

Post by ostketten » Fri Jan 30, 2009 5:45 pm

Picked up these 1/72 scale diorama pieces today, they're made by an outfit called The Miniature Building Authority, they are not cheap but the quality is first rate, they're made of resin and the detail and paint seems excellent to me, and what's more the roofs come off and they are finished inside, plus they have removeable floors in the two story structures, so you can put your soldiers and stuff inside if you want. Click the image to enlarge...

Gen. George S. Patton Jr., 28th Regimental Colonel, 3rd Armored Cavalry Regiment, U.S. Army, "Blood and Steel"

Rowsdower

Post by Rowsdower » Fri Jan 30, 2009 7:43 pm

That is awesome! Looks like you could really make some great scenes with those, especially with being able to put figures in the buildings. I could see a re-creation of the last stand scene from Saving Private Ryan. 8)
This message brought to you in part by Adderall.

ostketten

Post by ostketten » Sat Jan 31, 2009 6:46 am

Rowsdower wrote:That is awesome! Looks like you could really make some great scenes with those, especially with being able to put figures in the buildings. I could see a re-creation of the last stand scene from Saving Private Ryan. 8)
Thanks Rows... yeah, I think they look pretty nice, I need to come up with a better solution for the brick/cobbled road surface which is actually more like 1/32 scale. I may pick up a couple more of these MBA structures when I have a few extra dollars, they have a very nice "euro village" series of this stuff in 25-30mm scale, and along with all the other 1/72 diorama stuff I have from Conflix/Imex, Build-a-Rama etc, and with all the armor and vehicles I have from Dragon, HM, FOV, & MRC Easy Model, I should be able to put together some pretty nice looking larger size 1/72 battle scenes.
Gen. George S. Patton Jr., 28th Regimental Colonel, 3rd Armored Cavalry Regiment, U.S. Army, "Blood and Steel"

ketelone

Post by ketelone » Sun Feb 01, 2009 7:35 am

Ostketten:
You shold check out your local hobby shop that has HO trains. I'll bet you they'll have different street surfaces that will be a lot closer in scale than the cobblestone streets from Lemax.
I wish they offered these pieces in 1/32......
Ketelone

"Freedom is not free."

ostketten

Post by ostketten » Sun Feb 01, 2009 7:54 am

ketelone wrote:Ostketten:
You shold check out your local hobby shop that has HO trains. I'll bet you they'll have different street surfaces that will be a lot closer in scale than the cobblestone streets from Lemax.
I wish they offered these pieces in 1/32......
Actually that red brick street section in the photo also comes from MBA, I don't know who makes it, but it is sold right along with the other 25-30mm "Euro Village" stuff but It looks to be at least 1/32 and possibly larger. Thanks for the tip on the HO stuff, I'll check it out. There is an outfit called Hobby Bunker that has some nice 54mm/32X scale buildings for sale, they are offered in both painted and unpainted versions, so if you have the time and some artistic talent you could save some money with the unfinished versions... http://www.hobbybunker.com/categorylist ... =mfg&ID=26 Build-a-Rama of course also has 1/32 scale buildings and accessories but since they tied in with King & Country their line has become quite expensive, but you can still find good deals on ebay occasionally on used BAR stuff.

ketelone

Post by ketelone » Sun Feb 01, 2009 1:44 pm

Thanks for the suggestions. I believe I already have most of the offerings from Hobby Bunker. I did purchase their unpainted versions. I enjoy painting.
I also have all the Conte structures. The MBA stuff looks good. I keep looking for buildings that don't cost an arm and a leg...... Buildarama is quite nice but pricey.
Ketelone

"Freedom is not free."