Altaya tanks hit the UK

Your forum dedicated to 1/32nd and smaller plastic and metal figures and vehicles.
DomiUK
Corporal
Corporal

Altaya tanks hit the UK

Post by DomiUK » Wed Dec 24, 2008 7:52 am

http://tanks.deagostini.co.uk/

Much to my surprise as I went for last minute Christmas shopping I was confronted by issue 1 of "combat tanks" the part works 1/72 tanks that have been selling in Europe for the last few years (there is even now a second series in europe of just German ww2 vehicles).

So I have my Tiger not a great model but it was £2 so $3 for a 1/72 Tiger and future issues will be £7.99.

In general the tanks are nowhere near as good as Hobby master or Dragon but they do have some unique subjects in the range and I really do like some of them. As an example I have the altaya Matilda and it is actually one of my favourite 1/72 vehicles.

graycap
Sergeant
Sergeant

Altaya Tanks hit UK

Post by graycap » Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:03 am

I too picked up the Tiger on Christmas Eve as I was passing my local newsagent - have you seen any of the TV ads? More to the point are you going to take out a sub to get the German tank transporter?

DomiUK
Corporal
Corporal

Post by DomiUK » Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:14 am

yep i will get a subscription.

I actually will be surprised if it runs the full course of 50 tanks part works do not have a good record in the UK and I will not be surprised if we only get the first half a dozen or so issues.

There are some gems in the collection and I can always shove em all in a box and try and flog them on ebay in a few years.

AMERICAN_GRENADIER
Officer - Brigadier General
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by AMERICAN_GRENADIER » Mon Dec 29, 2008 6:14 pm

i tried to subscribe and i couldnt. can U.S. do it????
"SEMPER FIDELIS!"
Good Traders: Buckyroo, Razor17019, Sentinel
exether_mega, Snake, thehun, Mesa