1:144 - my first buy in

Your forum dedicated to 1/32nd and smaller plastic and metal figures and vehicles.
bird
Sergeant
Sergeant

1:144 - my first buy in

Post by bird » Sun Dec 07, 2008 12:25 am

Hi all,
Just wanted to share with you my thoughts on some 1:144 scale tanks I bought through Bad Cat during your thanksgiving holiday.
I normally collect 1:18 and each year around this time have a couple of weeks off which lets me get into hobbystuff.
Last year I bought a whole bunch of 1:35/1:32 playsets from SmallJoes. I gotta say I was impressed with the detail and so forth, so I have kept my eye out for stuff i'd like to collect.
Inbetween, my annual holiday season spends, I have only just started to investigate other scales. It's unfamilar territory for me, but i'm sure most of you guys would have checked out other scales from time to time.
Over the last few months, the spare change left over in a fortnightly pay has been going into 1:35 and recently a few 1:72 kits from the local toystore.

We can't get 1:18 here which is my first love, the 21C and FOV 1:35 kits are so expensive you look to the internet for deals.
When I saw the Bad Cat $1 deals I laughed and thought what the hell. The plan was to decorate my workstation at work with these pieces of German armor that have since become the topic of many conversations over morning coffee.

Since recieving my first lot I have been scouring the internet for 1:144.
I found a few sites, perhaps you can direct me to more, but in the lot I bought I must say i'm wowed, I love it.
I bought, two Kingtigers (both different) 1 Panzer IV, 1 Panther, 1 Tiger.

Sure it's not 1:18, but then I can't really store too much 1:18 except for soldiers, 1:35 is great because of the detail and the size is pretty good for storage but then I have realised you can get absolutely everything and more in 1:72 but the soldiers lack the detail I like in 1:35.
But now I have discovered 1:144 (god help me) right now it's looking like the prefered choice, it's an ideal size, the only trouble is that they don't have alot of variety in 1:144 and you can't get absolutely everything like you can in 1:72.

I'm probably going to become one of 'those' guys at work with hundreds of oranments around their workstation.
It's okay though because the people I work with are cool as fuck, my manager said he'd crank out some WW2 strategy with me as a break from his DnD.
So if anyone could point out some good brands or sites I'd really appreciate it.

Cheers.