New Lemax figures pros/cons

Your forum dedicated to 1/32nd and smaller plastic and metal figures and vehicles.
Coreyeagle48
Officer - Brigadier General

New Lemax figures pros/cons

Post by Coreyeagle48 » Tue Oct 05, 2004 6:43 pm

Hi,

A little off topic but I know some people do use them on here so I figured I would post a little bit about my thoughts on this year's offerings. I personally feel figure wise, they are terrible this year. Unlike last year, there seems to be little variety among the figures and it almost looks like some of the figures are repaints of last year. It is disappointing to me because I always liked the variety of figures, last year's firemen were awesome! This year, the figures are not very good and for the money, not worth it.

However, I am still impressed with some of the accessories they offer that work good with 1/32 or 1/35 stuff. I like the fences, road mats, mats they offer, walls and animals this year. They are very nice and worth the money to make a diorama. Cheaper than railroad accessories.

Corey

cruizin2000
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Lemax

Post by cruizin2000 » Thu Oct 07, 2004 6:07 am

I'm not too impressed with the new X-Mas offerings from them. I did pick up two sets of the Halloween tombstone sets and an off-brand angel figure. They make for a nice cemetary scene.

My wife bought two of each of the gargoyle fence sets and the tombstone sets. She also bought the front gate scene to a cemetary and the dead trees. Her display even has an open grave in the yard. It looks really cool. She's a teacher so we go to Michael's alot which gives me a great excuse to buy stuff there.

I would like to have 3-4 sets of the birch trees and two of the mats with the brick/cobblestones. I could place my 32X playset buildings on them. I think that it would look really nice on my 8' X 6' gaming table.

C2000
Attack!!!!

Coreyeagle48

Yup

Post by Coreyeagle48 » Thu Oct 07, 2004 5:37 pm

Cruzin,

I totally agree with you on the Xmas offerings this year. They aren't that impressive, and almost toyish looking. It is a shame because last year they had such good figures and accessories. I never got the fruit wagon last year which I really wanted. That was a piece I had wanted to get but I never did. But last year I was so impressed with the firemen and the old fire engine, I got two and several fire guys and put them away.

The only piece that interests me this year is the river boat. I think it is really a neat offering and very historical. Also find it comical because it doesn't seem to go with any of the pieces in this year's lineup. Beware of their grass mat too, it is way too shiny and does not look like grass, better off going to hobbytown and getting railroad grass.

KAMIKAZE

Post by KAMIKAZE » Fri Oct 08, 2004 11:26 am

Hi cruizen2000.Do you think your wife will notice when her Halloween
box is missing those tombstones? :lol: Any wife that allows you to (openly)
buy toys in front of her has to be cool!

Mark
I'm a legend in my own mind.

cruizin2000
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

My wife...

Post by cruizin2000 » Fri Oct 08, 2004 3:27 pm

Kamikaze,

I have the best wife in the world!! She, too, "plays with toys". She has some soldier figs which are mostly Egyptian and Knights. She also collects Armour/Frankling Mint German airplanes as well as other companies that have German aircraft. She also wargames with me and even has a HUGE collection of Mage Knights. She has a HUGE Barbie collection too.

The trick is that when I go out to get some new "toys" I always remember to buy her something new. I've bought alot of new Barbies lately too!!

As for the tombstones, we both have 2 sets each.

Yes, I'm truly a blessed man.

C2000
Attack!!!!

KAMIKAZE

Post by KAMIKAZE » Sat Oct 09, 2004 7:56 pm

Cruzin2000,
My wife has a collection too.She has about 100 beanie bears.I have one
hanging by a noose above my workbench! :lol:

Mark
I'm a legend in my own mind.