where do you buy your FOV stuff aside from online sellers?

Your forum dedicated to 1/32nd and smaller plastic and metal figures and vehicles.
watsons_box
Private First Class
Private First Class

where do you buy your FOV stuff aside from online sellers?

Post by watsons_box » Mon Oct 20, 2008 5:48 am

What shops sell FOV? i tried to look for these in toy shops but all i found was the "action" and not the enthusiast version of it.

olifant
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by olifant » Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:17 am

Target, K-mart and TRU sell the Action series and sometimes you can luck out and find the Enthusiast packaged as Action series. Other brick and mortar stores are hobby stores which may or may not carry them. Look around in your local AO.

On line smalljoes, badcataviation and numerous others carry the Enthusiast line. E-bay will yield plenty of these also. Wait six months and you can buy-sell-trade in the BST forum. :wink:

Hope that helps.
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/5374/sshqvdjx0.jpg[/img][/url]
[url=http://g.imageshack.us/g.php?h=375&i=sshqvdjx0.jpg][img]http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/5374/sshqvdjx0.937d18e174.jpg[/img][/url]

binder001
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

some sources

Post by binder001 » Mon Oct 20, 2008 12:24 pm

I have seen FoV at HobbyTown USA - full MSRP unless you hit a good sale, but sometimes they have stuff that others are sold out of.

I bought my new US trucks from Grand Central Ltd, a model train store in Lincoln, NE. They order directly from Horizon Hobby (distributors) and I got the trucks as soon as they were out and at a reasonable price.

Otherwise I look for "deals" at the "big box stores". My sleazy Target stores (Nebraska) never had the big clearance sales that some did. I still pick up some figures there for conversion purposes. The local TRU had a modest stock and I bought an M5A1 there.

I am basically just into the US WW2 stuff so my needs are small, mainly looking for extra vehicles for parts and chassis so my needs are small.

Hanomag
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Hanomag » Mon Oct 20, 2008 2:12 pm

Yea, I go to Hobby Town USA (Frederick, MD) for my stuff if I'm not getting it online. They have a good selection of Flames of War as well so it's a win-win for me. (and a lose-lose for the wife :D )

-H

Fox Tare-28
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by Fox Tare-28 » Mon Oct 20, 2008 4:45 pm

Zellers and TRU mostly. Sometimes the Wal-Marts here will carry a few items from time to time.

EDIT: Sears too.
Last edited by Fox Tare-28 on Tue Oct 21, 2008 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rowsdower

Post by Rowsdower » Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:53 pm

Target and TRU for the action series stuff. My local hobby shop for enthusiast. He doesn't stock it so he has to order it but it only takes a few days and no shipping charges! 8)
This message brought to you in part by Adderall.

Zartan
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Zartan » Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:24 am

Burnaby Hobbies is the only place in the Vancouver area that carries a limited quantity of the enthusiast 1/32. You might find a trace of 1/72 action at wal-mart and I haven't been to TRU in a few years. I have a large list of newer 1/32 enthusiast items up for sale in the BST forums here.

Sky Ray
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Sky Ray » Tue Oct 21, 2008 4:42 pm

I usually buy from the Hobby People stores. Great friendly employees and services there.

To look for a location in your area that carry the Enthusiast Editions of FOV, go to the FOV website, click on the picture with the Canadian and U.S. flag and it will pop-up a page for you to search for store locations in your area that carry either Action series or Enthusiast editions.

watsons_box
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by watsons_box » Thu Oct 23, 2008 4:04 am

Sky Ray wrote:I usually buy from the Hobby People stores. Great friendly employees and services there.

To look for a location in your area that carry the Enthusiast Editions of FOV, go to the FOV website, click on the picture with the Canadian and U.S. flag and it will pop-up a page for you to search for store locations in your area that carry either Action series or Enthusiast editions.
Thanks!