FOV trucks are here!!!!

Your forum dedicated to 1/32nd and smaller plastic and metal figures and vehicles.
binder001
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

FOV trucks are here!!!!

Post by binder001 » Thu Oct 16, 2008 3:52 pm

I just picked up two FOV US 2 1/2 ton 6X6 trucks at my local dealer. Very nice, The $49.99 price hurt, but these are the first WW2 6X6's in true 1/32nd scale so I'll deal with it. Only complaint - the upper sides aren't there so if you take the top off you don't have the slatted sides to the load bed (but these shouldn't be too hard to build in plastic if you need them). Over all a NICE model. It took a long time to get here, but I'm very happy with the result.

Gary

Col.Pickle
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Col.Pickle » Fri Oct 17, 2008 3:58 pm

any pictures of it without the top????
"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived."
- General Patton

ostketten
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by ostketten » Sat Oct 18, 2008 4:33 am

I just picked up two FOV US 2 1/2 ton 6X6 trucks at my local dealer. Very nice
How about posting some pics...??
Gen. George S. Patton Jr., 28th Regimental Colonel, 3rd Armored Cavalry Regiment, U.S. Army, "Blood and Steel"

Rowsdower

Post by Rowsdower » Sat Oct 18, 2008 7:48 am

ostketten wrote:How about posting some pics...??
Yes Please!
This message brought to you in part by Adderall.

binder001
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by binder001 » Sat Oct 18, 2008 8:49 am

Col.Pickle wrote:any pictures of it without the top????
The top is glued on. I was hoping for a removeable one, but the upper side structure isn't there (the slatted sides that are hidden under the top). For those of us who want an open-back truck a bit of scratchbuilding is in order - fortuantely the slatted sides aren't that hard to build with strip styrene.

Gary

MG-42

* New FoV 1:32 Deuce & a 1/2

Post by MG-42 » Sat Oct 18, 2008 9:17 am

* Don't say I did'nt tell you so , and not to go hog wild on these.

Mitch v MG
" I love it , God help me ,.. I do love it so". * * * * PATTON * * * *

* In memory of ram04 - 7/15/12 *

uksubs
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by uksubs » Sat Oct 18, 2008 10:44 am

binder001 wrote:
The top is glued on. I was hoping for a removeable one, but the upper side structure isn't there (the slatted sides that are hidden under the top). For those of us who want an open-back
Gary
Should look at the Minichamps one

:wink:

ostketten

Post by ostketten » Sat Oct 18, 2008 10:51 am

Don't say I did'nt tell you so....
You're a real ray of sunshine Mitch... LOL :lol: :lol: :roll:
Gen. George S. Patton Jr., 28th Regimental Colonel, 3rd Armored Cavalry Regiment, U.S. Army, "Blood and Steel"

MG-42

* New FoV 1:32 Deuce & a 1/2

Post by MG-42 » Sat Oct 18, 2008 11:10 am

* Well , Thank You Scott ! * :D ... "Don't let that ray of sunshine hit you where the sun don't shine either". LoL ! ! ! * :lol: :roll:

Mitch v MG

Foxhole Toys
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Foxhole Toys » Sat Oct 18, 2008 11:31 am

Okay gang, we've got our photos up for you at FoxholeToys.com!

Here's the skinny:

We did speak with Mitch "MG42" and gave him the low-down after opening the truck. Yes, the canvas cover is glued on. :( But, over all the Cargo Truck is a beauty (as you can see for yourselves by clicking on the link)!!! The tailgate can flip down - if the top were to be taken off. The cab doors do NOT open...another bummer. The detailed undercarriage is fantastic and the accessories include a cute little puppy (which of course, is totally worth its weight in gold...eh hmm, right).

The Elefant is fantastic! However, no new commander figure...in fact no figure included at all. There is, on the other hand, a cute little cat to match the puppy from the truck set. So, we got that going for us. The hatches ALL open (4 in all), the hull machine gun is static as well as the the gun stowage on the front (glued down). The 88 gun moves around as it should and holds its positions very well!!

Enough said I guess, please enjoy the photos and our over all impression is a very good one!! :)
http://store.foxholetoys.com/forces-of-valor-1-32.html

Also NEW from the folks at Forces Of Valor are the 1/72 scale Series 2 T-34/85, 1/48 Bell Huey 'slick' with 2 door gunners, 1/48 scale Pavehawk series 2 and the 1/1000 scale German Bismarck (Great little-'big' ship!). We have a few photos of those items, too!
Foxhole Toys ..."Dive in!"
www.FoxholeToys.com

MG-42

Post by MG-42 » Sat Oct 18, 2008 11:41 am

Foxhole Toys wrote:Okay gang, we've got our photos up for you at FoxholeToys.com!

Here's the skinny:

We did speak with Mitch "MG42" and gave him the low-down after opening the truck. Yes, the canvas cover is glued on. :( But, over all the Cargo Truck is a beauty (as you can see for yourselves by clicking on the link)!!! The tailgate can flip down - if the top were to be taken off. The cab doors do NOT open...another bummer. The detailed undercarriage is fantastic and the accessories include a cute little puppy (which of course, is totally worth its weight in gold...eh hmm, right).

The Elefant is fantastic! However, no new commander figure...in fact no figure included at all. There is, on the other hand, a cute little cat to match the puppy from the truck set. So, we got that going for us. The hatches ALL open (4 in all), the hull machine gun is static as well as the the gun stowage on the front (glued down). The 88 gun moves around as it should and holds its positions very well!!

Enough said I guess, please enjoy the photos and our over all impression is a very good one!! :)
http://store.foxholetoys.com/forces-of-valor-1-32.html
>>> "That's all very reassuring" * 8) ,.. Thanks Matt ! * :D

................ it's all good then , I guess !

Mitch v MG

Col.Pickle
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Col.Pickle » Sat Oct 18, 2008 11:47 am

binder001 wrote:
The top is glued on. I was hoping for a removeable one, but the upper side structure isn't there (the slatted sides that are hidden under the top). For those of us who want an open-back truck a bit of scratchbuilding is in order - fortuantely the slatted sides aren't that hard to build with strip styrene.

Gary
DAMMIT! I was crossing my fingers so tight that it'd be removable. I wonder why they didn't do that...
"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived."
- General Patton

ostketten

Post by ostketten » Sat Oct 18, 2008 12:26 pm

MG-42 wrote:According to what Matt @ Foxhole Toys told me about it ,.. it's going to be a real disappointment and is not worth the pri¢e FoV has on it
Hmmm.. there seems to be a bit of a gap between this statement and Matt's comments above.... Ah well, whatever. :roll: BTW Matt...the photo's look great, thanks for posting the link. 8)

Foxhole Toys
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Foxhole Toys » Sat Oct 18, 2008 12:45 pm

Sure thing ostketten!

Just to clearify,

when we first spoke with MG-42, we had just opened the truck and were disappointed ourselves to find out the top was glued in place and the cab doors didn't open. Other than that we have no complaints.

We also mentioned that we continue to see retailers marking this item & the Elefant 'up' and above the SRP. We mentioned to Mitch that we wouldn't feel right about that because we worried customers might feel they were being taken advantage of for a product that some might otherwise feel disappointed with...in lieu of the long wait & very high expectations. Mitch and I agreed that knowing this customers 'could' wait for a re-stock in December rather than pay premiums now.

Our apologies for the miscommunication...and Mitch, your Truck will post Monday buddy! :)

Still...two very good pieces guys and NO reason not to own both!

BTW, we think a series 2 Cargo Truck will come with either a removable top or no top at all to take advantage of the flip-down rear tailgate...perhaps a wrecker? :)
Foxhole Toys ..."Dive in!"
www.FoxholeToys.com

Der Kommandant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Der Kommandant » Sat Oct 18, 2008 2:07 pm

Do both come with bases with the nameplate?

MG-42

[+] New FoV 1/32 Elefant & * Deuce

Post by MG-42 » Sat Oct 18, 2008 2:22 pm

* Der Kommandant : Nine ! ... No !

Foxhole Toys wrote: and Mitch , your Truck will post Monday buddy ! :)

............ Thanks Matt ! * 8)

Mitch v MG

ostketten

Post by ostketten » Sat Oct 18, 2008 2:48 pm

BTW, we think a series 2 Cargo Truck will come with either a removable top or no top at all to take advantage of the flip-down rear tailgate...
That's great to hear Matt, and thanks for the clarification. Based on the photos you posted I think this an excellent piece, despite the issues with the top and doors. My Elefant and Deuce are scheduled to arrive from Foxhole on Thursday, and if my time allows it I will try to do a review of both.

binder001
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

some more thoughts...

Post by binder001 » Sat Oct 18, 2008 8:31 pm

By the way, I have now torn into one of the trucks. I can't leave well enough alone!

I popped the top loose (not too hard to do). This one is going to be a cargo truck, so I removed the seats in the rear bed (on the real truck and other GI trucks the seats fold up against the upper sides to clear more floor space for cargo). I have now added a bunch of boxes, drums, jerry cans, etc to create the impression that this truck is loaded. With the top back on you wan't be able to see much, but the truck "looks" loaded. This is a good use for the endless supply of 55 gallon drums that come with FoV vehicles. For the cargo truck I am going to leave the AA mG mount on but plan to remove the winch (it was an option on the real trucks). My other truck will be an artillery prime mover with the FoV 105 in tow. I plan to either remove the AA mount and fill the hole in the cab or get real crazy and build the tactical cab. This one will get troops and ammo crates in the back. I like to have my vehicles look a bit different.

By the way, the cab and load bed are held on with screws and come apart pretty easily so these things just cry out for conversions. An engineers air compressor truck would be very intersting among other ideas. The shop van bodies wouldn't be too hard to build either.

Generally a nice model with lots of opportunitoes for conversions or detailing projects. I'm glad I got a couple.

Gary B

ostketten

Post by ostketten » Sun Oct 19, 2008 7:56 am

I popped the top loose (not too hard to do). This one is going to be a cargo truck, so I removed the seats in the rear bed (on the real truck and other GI trucks the seats fold up against the upper sides to clear more floor space for cargo). I have now added a bunch of boxes, drums, jerry cans, etc to create the impression that this truck is loaded. With the top back on you wan't be able to see much, but the truck "looks" loaded. This is a good use for the endless supply of 55 gallon drums that come with FoV vehicles. For the cargo truck I am going to leave the AA mG mount on but plan to remove the winch (it was an option on the real trucks). My other truck will be an artillery prime mover with the FoV 105 in tow. I plan to either remove the AA mount and fill the hole in the cab or get real crazy and build the tactical cab. This one will get troops and ammo crates in the back. I like to have my vehicles look a bit different.
Sounds pretty sweet, how about some pics when you have time...??

olifant

Post by olifant » Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:22 am

$50 is 1/18 money to me so I am waiting to see these at Target in Action grade. Then I will swoop in and drop some serious dough for the Red Ball Express! :wink:
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/5374/sshqvdjx0.jpg[/img][/url]
[url=http://g.imageshack.us/g.php?h=375&i=sshqvdjx0.jpg][img]http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/5374/sshqvdjx0.937d18e174.jpg[/img][/url]

krieglok
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by krieglok » Mon Oct 20, 2008 4:26 pm

In reply to some of the posts above, Binder is right in that trucks with winches are a bit over represented as the Minichamps trucks have them too. Some plain jane versions would be nice for transportation corps trucks. Olifant is right as $50 is a bit steep for vehicle that is a notch below the 21st Century Opal Blitz truck in design and execution. Metal cab and the rest plastic. The cargo cover is well done with end curtains and such and it adds to the bulkiness of the vehicle which is a true 1:32 as it towers over the Minichamps model in 1:35th scale. One nice point to the FOV truck is the pre positioned driver.

The Elefant is huge. Nice detail, opening hatches, tracks that will roll (on carpet at least) but no figures. They did include a cat for those who want to model Dr. Evil in 1:32 scale. Downers are the non operating travel lock for the gun, fixed hull machine gun and the very restricted range of gun traverse. You cannot keep the barrel on a flat aim if you traverse to either side as the ball joint causes the gun to elevate. Nice camo and weathering but no markings of any sort. Again, a huge model in 1:32 that will scare the opposing plastic army guys into their foxholes. A bit closer to the $50 mark as far a quality and workmanship- but not quite...

TJ

Rowsdower

Post by Rowsdower » Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:56 pm

olifant wrote:$50 is 1/18 money to me so I am waiting to see these at Target in Action grade. Then I will swoop in and drop some serious dough for the Red Ball Express! :wink:
I agree, but don't hold your breath! :cry:

The Elefant sounds kinda disappointing. :?
This message brought to you in part by Adderall.

Jagdpanther
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Jagdpanther » Tue Oct 21, 2008 4:46 am

I think there both great. Have not got to see my trucks yet . But most of you are rite about some of the minor things that Fov could have done better with.
[img88]http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s281/army5551/160392_1114600356-1.jpg[/img88]