Up to the eyeballs in 32x armor!

Your forum dedicated to 1/32nd and smaller plastic and metal figures and vehicles.
AlloySkull
Officer - Brigadier General

Up to the eyeballs in 32x armor!

Post by AlloySkull » Sat Oct 11, 2008 7:39 pm

I went to WM tonight after dinner, hit the toy aisle and scanned the usual suspects of Fw-190A-8s, Marder IIIs, 38ts and Hetzers, and loe and behold I noticed a few Heidi Marders. Then, the S2 38ts. Then, after contemplating purchasing Heidi, I looked up and my heart skipped a beat...

A 3 high, 3 wide, 2 deep stack of 32x Cold Steel. Yes ladies and gentlemen, I reached and grabbed a grey Panzer IV Ausf. D, with the black and red devil, and had an eyegasm. My dad didn't understand, I was freaking out. There were multiples of each of the grey Panzer IV, a Brumbar, the Porsche turret King Tiger and DAK Opel Trucks. This made me extremely happy. 18 of the older models!

I've already planned to buy 1 of each of all of them, as soon as I get some oddball stuff sold. I have never seen such at any WM... I'm still in shock.

If anyone wants something, let me know.
[img]http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j317/alloyskull101/siggygpxd-1.gif[/img]
Good Traders:
KAMIKAZE
Ruger
Olifant
Panzer M

Der Kommandant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Der Kommandant » Sat Oct 11, 2008 8:04 pm

Lucky!!!!!!
Walmarts here have been dry for so very long.
I haven't even seen a Hetzer in person!
Very lucky. :roll:

hotrodrock
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by hotrodrock » Sat Oct 11, 2008 10:36 pm

Which location were they at?

PanzerArm

Cold Steel

Post by PanzerArm » Sat Oct 11, 2008 10:44 pm

I've been wanting a porsche king tiger for a while, not b/c I particularly like the way it's done, but b/c I would love to put zimmerit on it and repaint it. Then it would be a really nice piece.

Kevin

Cabe
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by Cabe » Sun Oct 12, 2008 12:05 am

found a King tiger with stugs IVs at one
found a hetzer for $6 at another. Not much to see though, except the fact the dang WM had king tigers...wow.
I am hitting more tomorrow
see my art and model gallery at http://www.cabebooth.com

hworth18

Post by hworth18 » Sun Oct 12, 2008 7:42 am

With all this new/old stock showing up at TRU and at Walmart, it sounds like 21st is clearing out their warehouse, before the end.... :(
“The moment you think you know what’s going on in a women’s head, is the moment your goose is well and truly cooked”
-Howard Stark

AlloySkull

Post by AlloySkull » Sun Oct 12, 2008 8:16 am

The Wal-Mart at 1960 and Cutten. Don't buy everything now, I still want to complete my collection, ya hear? :D
Good Traders:
KAMIKAZE
Ruger
Olifant
Panzer M

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:26 am

Yes, this does sound like 21c is cleaning their warehouses and as usual, it all went to Texas :wink: This is sort of like my Wal Marts being filled with the previously released 32x Bf-109Fs for much of this year. I won't go rushing around to different Wal Marts hoping for a bonanza of older 32x vehicles (I've got all the ones mentioned) but if I see some more it might be a good chance to pick another up.

Oh, and Der Kommandant, you haven't seen any Hetzers? There should be plenty of them in California. I've seen them at Wal Marts all along the way between Madera and Anaheim (something like 250 miles or more). Some of my local Wal Marts still have a few, including a couple that were marked down. None of the S2 repaints, though, nor any immediate prospects of getting them...
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

Cabe
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by Cabe » Sun Oct 12, 2008 10:07 am

well hell,
you saying that TRU is dumping too?
I check target and they are normal all 2x nuthins and FW etc
All my WM (7) but 2 of them had NOTHING but the 1:72 and small tank and figs. The ones with armor had KT and stug4
the other stores had only playsets

arrrgGGHH

I am checking 2 other WM while I go get some laquer paint for working on Panzer arm's PzIII
THEY BETTER HAVE MULTI OR T LEAST A PLACE WITH MORE 6 DOLLAR SALES
see my art and model gallery at http://www.cabebooth.com

AlloySkull

Post by AlloySkull » Sun Oct 12, 2008 10:14 am

There were 2 109Fs I had been without, as well as 1 109G. I never saw the restock of these. =/ At one point I saw Tarheel Hal and the Yellow 7 winter 109F, but that was it. I grabbed those.

But this afternoon my dad and I are heading out towards Bellville, so we're going to hit a couple Wal-Marts on the way. If we don't find anything on the way we'll return to base and I'm picking up a Brummbar and a Porsche King Tiger. The "Heidi" Marder, camo 38t and DAK Opel will wait for another day. Next on the list is the Opel though.

I'm just curious as to what we'll find out that way, if I'll ever see that one Fw-190F that has eluded me forever, the one with the red, white and black nose cone, and if I'll ever see a different P-51D. You never know... that's how I look at it.

9 times out of 10 it's the same ole crap, but if you try sometimes, you might just find, you get the rare finds.

Tman, keep your chin up man, karma has it coming for you guys. I still have only seen 2 different P-51Ds, and neither of the original two Fw-190Fs in store... The armor has been good, but I still don't think anyone on the forum has, in person, seen the S2 Hetzer. The S2 Marder IIIM I believe has been seen, rarely. I want that S2 Marder IIIM bad though. I can't wait until I see it.

Times are rough but I found a glint of light last night. It really made my day like no other. I should be making $100 of selling my copy of AutoCAD tonight or tomorrow, so a small part of that will go to the 32X I've missed out on over the past few months that's just sitting there.
Good Traders:
KAMIKAZE
Ruger
Olifant
Panzer M

ostketten

Post by ostketten » Sun Oct 12, 2008 11:19 am

All the walmarts around here are as that funky cell phone commercial says, "a dead zone"... consider yourself extremely lucky, and don't wait too long to get what you want or someone will surely beat you to the punch. Nice find. 8)
Gen. George S. Patton Jr., 28th Regimental Colonel, 3rd Armored Cavalry Regiment, U.S. Army, "Blood and Steel"

AlloySkull

Post by AlloySkull » Sun Oct 12, 2008 11:49 am

Yeah, I'm worried about that too. But I'm getting my top two tonight. There was 18 of the older models, I bought one, so there's 17 left of 4 different variations. So there's anywhere from 3-5 of any given one. I think I'll be okay for a bit. I do want one of those Opels though, I was looking at Bad Cat, they look really nice with the opening hood and all.

The Marders and 38ts are new production and will probably be restocked, so those I'm not as worried about.
Good Traders:
KAMIKAZE
Ruger
Olifant
Panzer M

olifant

Post by olifant » Sun Oct 12, 2008 12:24 pm

I found a bunch of the old box sets with the Stug IV and ME-109E tropical schemes. I agree, it looks like they are cleaning their warehouses. Rather than telegraph failure I am pleased to see that 21C made it through their most recent reset. Who knows what we will see from them? After the Versus twin packs a few years ago we know 21C has access to their old molds, and goodness knows they have enough of a base for repaints and rereleases to keep WM filled. I figure that would be better than seeing them go the way of the dodo.
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/5374/sshqvdjx0.jpg[/img][/url]
[url=http://g.imageshack.us/g.php?h=375&i=sshqvdjx0.jpg][img]http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/5374/sshqvdjx0.937d18e174.jpg[/img][/url]

dragon53

Post by dragon53 » Sun Oct 12, 2008 12:58 pm

ALLOYSKULL:

What was the price for the Porsche King Tiger?

PanzerArm

Nada

Post by PanzerArm » Sun Oct 12, 2008 1:37 pm

Nothing in my nearest wal-mart, ended up just buying a dremel for custom work instead...

Panzer_M

Post by Panzer_M » Sun Oct 12, 2008 3:10 pm

god I remember missing out on overstocks of Macchi and Opels. I can kick myself for that..I should have got the 202 and german 205.

I checked WM today buying straight pins(yea sewing stuff) I am going to use for track pins on the Fruilmodel treads for the Panzer III.

WM didn't have ANYTHING for 21st but the 155mm playset and the Mortar teams that come on the bubblecards...nothing else. And then I went to see the StarWars crap..and seeing the Pleathra in that aisle...my heart sank..although I Did find a misplaced 32x Spitfire I(XR-D) in the with the starwars stuff...but the drought of planes and tanks is still on here in Cocoa, although the Titusville and Merritt Island store do have better stock, I just didn't feel like hunting today
good traders/sellers/buyers
Alloyskull(x2), PanzerArm(x2), Ostketten, Mikeg,tmanthegreat,Coreyeagle48

AlloySkull

Post by AlloySkull » Sun Oct 12, 2008 8:45 pm

The price is regular WM price for armor, $14.97. I did some travelling today and saw more Porsche Tigers and Panzer IVs at a WM on Highway 6. So yeah they're cleaning out.

I picked up the Opel and Brummbar today as the King Tigers are pretty common and there were only 2 Opels. I didn't look at all of the playsets, I already have the Stug playset thanks to a generous boardmember, but I can always use more 109Es.

This can be good for everyone. I noticed that a few of the old stock were already bought since I'd been there. This means people want this stuff, as is logical. I do too. I missed a lot of it as did a lot of us.

Ha, and this beautiful middle eastern girl that was checking me out was looking at me with this little smile, I don't know if she thought I was cute or trying to hold back the laughter from me buying toys. I would probably say either has an equal chance... 8)
Good Traders:
KAMIKAZE
Ruger
Olifant
Panzer M

Dauntless

Post by Dauntless » Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:53 pm

Went in to one Walmart today, and picked up an Opel Halftrack in grey.
They had some Shermans in Green and black camo, and lots of cannons.
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::>=}:
Good trader list: hworth18, Threetoughtrucks, mikeg, cjg746, jlspec

AlloySkull

Post by AlloySkull » Sun Oct 12, 2008 10:01 pm

Lucky! Cannons and frickin' OPEL HALFTRACK! God I hope this spreads like a virussss!
Good Traders:
KAMIKAZE
Ruger
Olifant
Panzer M

Panzer_M

Post by Panzer_M » Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:58 am

it's heading west...which does us here on the east coast no good.
good traders/sellers/buyers
Alloyskull(x2), PanzerArm(x2), Ostketten, Mikeg,tmanthegreat,Coreyeagle48

AlloySkull

Post by AlloySkull » Mon Oct 13, 2008 12:28 pm

Ah but just because it's not reported now doesn't mean it's not going to show up in a few weeks does it? You can't always be pessimistic, I know it's easy to be, trust me. But this is really good, considering nothing really has happened in awhile of this magnitude.
Good Traders:
KAMIKAZE
Ruger
Olifant
Panzer M

Light.Inf.Scout

Post by Light.Inf.Scout » Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:21 pm

Noticed some old releases in Central Illinois this weekend too. Thought that was odd. Not as much as A.S. but some.
Trade References: JOC, IMMEWW2, Razor17019, KAMIKAZE, caesarbc, momaw nadon, supersonicfifi, Tambo, USMA07, bigsarge, American Grenadier, YT, Crazy Kraut, C00per, AV-8B Driver, cjg476, Buckyroo, aae83

Dauntless

Post by Dauntless » Mon Oct 13, 2008 3:58 pm

So I went back to the same Walmart to get the last grey Opel Halftrack. I looked on the box and it's dated 2005. Man that was a long time ago.

So the only one I need to get now is the DAK Opel Cargo Truck. That's the only one I'm missing from the Opel series, as I have the DAK Halftrack and the grey Cargo Truck too.
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::>=}:
Good trader list: hworth18, Threetoughtrucks, mikeg, cjg746, jlspec

Sky Ray
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Sky Ray » Mon Oct 13, 2008 7:26 pm

Nothing here in my portion of the west coast yet.

As for Hetzers, they are pretty much all gone down here as well as all 32X vehicles. I only found one left at the Paramount Wal-Mart (above Long Beach) which was discounted to $4.

jlspec
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by jlspec » Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:11 am

Double post sorry
Last edited by jlspec on Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.