1/72 Tanks slowing down?

Your forum dedicated to 1/32nd and smaller plastic and metal figures and vehicles.
Juneau@1
Sergeant
Sergeant

1/72 Tanks slowing down?

Post by Juneau@1 » Sun Aug 17, 2008 2:27 pm

I wonder if we are begining to see a real slow down in 1/72 tanks. There hasn't been any information about new tanks (not repaints or new versions of already released tanks) coming from the Dragon Expo 08. Also, Admiral Toys has been silent on any releases, even the winter Panzer III. The goods news is that the Forces of Valor 1/72 Panzer IV should be out this month. I hope I am wrong, but that is the way it looks. Easy Model appears stuck on stuff Dragon has already released. (There catalog has some neat stuff in it though).
Eric

skypirate
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by skypirate » Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:32 am

I'm looking forward to the Easy Model Stug III, Brumbar and Sd. Kfz. 9 models that are shown on the Motorpool. I wish their paint jobs looked a little better and that they included display cases like Dragon.

I'd love to see Admiral get their 88mm released. I saw one of their development models in person and thought it looked great.

In general, I'd like to see more artillery and small vehicles released. Pzkw II, Marder, Wespe, Kubelwagen, BMW, perhaps a V2? Maybe in time.

Tshintl
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Tshintl » Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:31 pm

skypirate,

You can see pictures of upcoming 1/72 scale Altaya AFV's on the War Room page at Diecast 72. They will release a 88mm flak and Famo combination that may interest you.

http://www.diecast72.com/

skypirate
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by skypirate » Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:03 pm

Tshintl wrote:skypirate,

You can see pictures of upcoming 1/72 scale Altaya AFV's on the War Room page at Diecast 72. They will release a 88mm flak and Famo combination that may interest you.

http://www.diecast72.com/
Tshintl,
Thank you. That's a cool site, that I hadn't seen before. I'll definitely keep an eye out for their release, but I'm still hoping Admiral has the opportunity to produce theirs as well. They're local and I want to see them succeed too.

I noticed somebody else had recently posted about some of the Altaya models. Are they new to the finished 1/72 scale line?

ostketten
Officer - Brigadier General
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by ostketten » Fri Aug 22, 2008 2:44 pm

FYI, Badcat is having a sale on their 1:72 WWII line from MRC/Easy Model, $12 each plus shipping....it's a pretty good deal and I picked up a few items I didn't have from EM, including an Elefant. I'm also looking forward to the FOV 1:72 Panzer IV , and I believe they are due to release a Sdkfz 251 halftrack with Pak-40 and 8 troops around the same time. Things might have slowed down a bit in 1:72 scale, but overall I think the future is relatively bright for this scale and for 1:32, unfortunately I don't think the same can be said for XD, which seems to be dying a slow death at the moment.
Gen. George S. Patton Jr., 28th Regimental Colonel, 3rd Armored Cavalry Regiment, U.S. Army, "Blood and Steel"