All quiet on the 32nd scale front...

Your forum dedicated to 1/32nd and smaller plastic and metal figures and vehicles.
Col.Pickle
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

All quiet on the 32nd scale front...

Post by Col.Pickle » Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:33 pm

Is it just me or has it been a long while since something new came out? We had that period of rapid releases ( Marder, Hetzer, Chinese) but then 21st seemed to sit back and stay quiet. Has anyone else noticed this or am I just being impatient? :D Fingers crossed that new news is coming :)
"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived."
- General Patton

Jagdpanther
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Jagdpanther » Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:41 pm

Its been very quiet. We also have not seen tko211 for quite some time now so some news would we welcomed. :D
[img88]http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s281/army5551/160392_1114600356-1.jpg[/img88]

hworth18
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by hworth18 » Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:05 pm

Armor is quiet, aircraft is still going...
“The moment you think you know what’s going on in a women’s head, is the moment your goose is well and truly cooked”
-Howard Stark

Jagdpanther
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Jagdpanther » Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:21 pm

Yea the new Spitfire and those last FW-190 A schemes other then that there is not much else.
[img88]http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s281/army5551/160392_1114600356-1.jpg[/img88]

gary1930
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

FOV....

Post by gary1930 » Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:51 pm

has a 1/32 Elefant and GMC 6x6 coming soon.

jrs.
Corporal
Corporal

Post by jrs. » Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:41 pm

Real quiet! :cry:

I think its the whole economic thing...? Probably not a lot of toys selling too well, or at least as well as in the past. Plus 21st has a history of some failure. ( for what ever reason?) Guessing they would be conservative due to that?

In all honesty I have to shake my head some times about their choices

If the current economics fail to make a good business case for new product I would think they would make an excellent case for revisiting existing products? With small changes & additions.

Why not a Tiger limeted edition Wittman? New paint scheme and a couple new figures??? This should be a given?

A Barkman Panther? Piper Panther? Otto Carrius Tiger? They have a whole lot they could do with the stuff they already have?

Numerous versions of the half tracks U.S. or German wouldnt take much in tooling?

Lastly I wish they would realize one thing, toy soldiers have been sold for the last 100 years! They have been bagged and boxed and on shelves for as long as I can remember. They will not go out of style. No exscuse for not producing more or rereleasing older sets, and stick with popular units/soldiers. US paratroopers are going to sell well for the next fifty years, as are German Panzer greniders. ( if you have to stay away from the Waffen SS PC thing?) While I am happy to get the odd set of Chinese infantry probably not the best choice for our market? Hopefully 21st unloaded a ton in the peoples republic?

Sorry long rant! Wont happen again.

olifant

Post by olifant » Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:37 pm

It is time for a 1/32 rant. I have been very disappointed both in the lack of action and the lack of distribution. :x

My toy money is being spent, just on SW, IJ and 1/72 pieces. I would much rather spend it on 21C products though... :evil:
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/5374/sshqvdjx0.jpg[/img][/url]
[url=http://g.imageshack.us/g.php?h=375&i=sshqvdjx0.jpg][img]http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/5374/sshqvdjx0.937d18e174.jpg[/img][/url]

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:27 pm

I can't say that all is quite on the 1:32 front, not even close. When one considers all the new aircraft and armor that came out just this year, and which are planned. Lets not forget the BBI Dauntless, Wildcat, and F-104.

What is most certainly hurting the hobby and the industry itself is the product distribution. Why some places get brand new items and other get stuck with piles of last year's repaints is disconcerting. I know 21c is a small company, but why can't their products get across the country as fast as other toy lines? After all, the Star Wars, GI Joe, and Power Rangers figures all travel on the same Wal Mart trucks...

21c depends on the "average joes" for the bulk of their sales, but those people aren't going to buy their products if nothing is available or if the selection doesn't change for months.
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

AlloySkull

Post by AlloySkull » Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:04 am

Yep... I hate seeing the same thing, restocked, over and over.

It hurts when you almost kind of just say "f*ck it" and end up spending money on other crap. I love 21st Century stuff. I can get it locally (if distribution permits) and it's plentiful. It's great quality and low price. It doesn't hurt to tear one up, paint one etc. I wish all the other 1:32 starting up didn't feel so expensive to me. ESPECIALLY because it has to be shipped so far. I wish BBI would put their planes in Target or TRU. I don't see what is great about having just e-tailer status. I'd rather have both. All these exclusives and stuff are just excuses to hike prices. I don't think a Hellcat is worth $50. I'll probably buy it though. But unfortunately I cannot afford multiples. If 21C can produce a Stuka and keep it at $15-$20 selling range, I don't see why a Hellcat can't be done. Yes, BBI isn't 21st, but I wish things made more sense. A Stuka is a huge plane, and is still a lot of plastic.

I am not in support of the "collector's market" idea. It's bullshit and it basically prices out not only the average joe, but even some diehard collectors. I'm a diehard collector. I try and get all repaints of the same aircraft, so far of the later releases I have been somewhat succesful, but again, distribution sucks and leaves me empty handed on some. So if prices go up, selection goes down, and distribution and QC still suck, then I'm out of this. I don't want to order online, but I'm forced to. You have to pay for frickin' shipping when everything goes to the e-tailer, not just price inflation for profit. If everything went to mass market and e-tailers, I think a lot more of us would be happy.

Collector's market my ass. F*ck exclusives.

I grew up in the shadow of rich people and their nice sh*t and their douche attitudes. Yeah, so it's kind of pissing me off that I have to cater to every motherf*****'s way of taking my money.

I really, really, REALLY wasn't born with enough middle fingers.

It's bad enough people forget about me half of the time without getting f*cked every five minutes.

Terminus Rantus.

Sorry for the language. It's late and I got f*cked over and I'm angry.
[img]http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j317/alloyskull101/siggygpxd-1.gif[/img]
Good Traders:
KAMIKAZE
Ruger
Olifant
Panzer M

tko211
Fan Club President - All Go Toys
Fan Club President - All Go Toys

Post by tko211 » Thu Jun 26, 2008 10:04 am

21C has indeed been laying low these last few months. All quiet on the western front... or should I say western coast? Anyway- I am indeed still around and I have been lurking on the forums from time to time. I got into my office today to find a pleasant piece of news in my email though. 21C has sent over the S1 paint scheme for the new 32x Spitfire Vb. Looks pretty cool. The article also includes information regarding the moving parts and level of detail we can expect from this release.... For those who have not already found it on the shelves. So it might not be new news here but it was good to hear from 21C and hopefully it is a sign of more new stuff to come.

Jagdpanther
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Jagdpanther » Thu Jun 26, 2008 11:20 am

Hey tk0211 there you are glad to have you back. :D Well I hope 21st has something up there sleeves to show us soon.

Rowsdower

Post by Rowsdower » Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:35 pm

I would happily put some pennies in 21st's pocket by purchasing their fine toys... if I could find the damn things anywhere!
This message brought to you in part by Adderall.

PanzerArm

No new stuff

Post by PanzerArm » Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:32 pm

I would agree, I've been secretly patrolling the local stores to replenish my previously sold ranks and I just haven't been able to find any good stuff anywhere. I'm glad I did hang on to my FOV enthusiast Pershing though 8)

AlloySkull

Post by AlloySkull » Thu Jun 26, 2008 5:31 pm

I'm glad I've got the forum to keep my armor and aircraft in supply when none are around. :D

Glad to see you back tko.
[img]http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j317/alloyskull101/siggygpxd-1.gif[/img]
Good Traders:
KAMIKAZE
Ruger
Olifant
Panzer M