1/72 WW2 Pacific Islands playset ???

Your forum dedicated to 1/32nd and smaller plastic and metal figures and vehicles.
Foxhole Toys
Sergeant
Sergeant

1/72 WW2 Pacific Islands playset ???

Post by Foxhole Toys » Tue Jun 10, 2008 2:33 pm

Perhaps someone here knows the product name to this unique WW2 item.

I have been searching for the name of the company who produced a playset that I got one year for Christmas back in the late '70s - early '80s. It was a large HO scale WW2 Pacific theater Island made of cardboard with pop-up foliage, knock-off Airfix Japanese & US marines or British Army,

2 x plastic B-17 bombers (1 blue & 1 green or gray),
2 x PT Boats with removable torpedoes (1 blue & 1 green/gray),
2 x submarines that spring-fired the same torpedoes (1 blue & 1 green/gray) & Accessories.

Does this resonate with anyone??? it was really quite something and the best parts were the B-17 & PT boats. :)

Thanks,

Matt - Bravo two-six (old board member call sign)
Foxhole Toys
Foxhole Toys ..."Dive in!"
www.FoxholeToys.com

kduck
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by kduck » Wed Jun 11, 2008 4:08 am

I can't remember the name of it but I had a cousin that had this set. If I remember correctly this may have been one of the play sets that was advertised on the back of comic books like Sgt. Rock in the 70's & 80's.

edit- After doing a little searching I don't believe it was one of the comic book sets. They weren't usually that large. Could have been from one of the same companies though.

jrs.
Corporal
Corporal

Post by jrs. » Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:53 pm

I had this set. I also had a euro theater one, destriyers were included. The B17 was actually pretty cool as were the ships. I have no idea who the manufacture was.