Dragon 1/35 Can Do figures: "Tiger Aces"

Your forum dedicated to 1/32nd and smaller plastic and metal figures and vehicles.
ostketten
Officer - Brigadier General

Dragon 1/35 Can Do figures: "Tiger Aces"

Post by ostketten » Sat Apr 26, 2008 1:40 pm

Picked up this set of five 1/35 scale Dragon figures called "Tiger Aces" for $18 plus shipping. I'm not usually a 1/35 collector but the price was great and the figures look pretty nice even if they are a bit smaller than 1/32 figures, and I think they go well with this 21st King Tiger. Click the thumnails to enlarge.

Gen. George S. Patton Jr., 28th Regimental Colonel, 3rd Armored Cavalry Regiment, U.S. Army, "Blood and Steel"

MG-42

[+] 1:35 Can Do. Pocket Army "Tiger Aces"

Post by MG-42 » Sat Apr 26, 2008 4:06 pm

[+] > They are nice and good to have. No collection should be complete w/o them. I have a couple of sets of these myself. They fit nicely in the open hatches of 21st. & especially FoV AFV vehicles. * 8)

............. just wish they'd make more of them , from both sides , in various poses , just for riding in vehicles.

Mitch v MG
" I love it , God help me ,.. I do love it so". * * * * PATTON * * * *

* In memory of ram04 - 7/15/12 *

olifant

Post by olifant » Sat Apr 26, 2008 4:12 pm

Thanks for taking the time to post the photos OK. Your $18 seems to be a better price than I can find; where did you buy them?
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/5374/sshqvdjx0.jpg[/img][/url]
[url=http://g.imageshack.us/g.php?h=375&i=sshqvdjx0.jpg][img]http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/5374/sshqvdjx0.937d18e174.jpg[/img][/url]

ostketten

Post by ostketten » Sat Apr 26, 2008 5:04 pm

where did you buy them?
Got em' from an outfit called "Action Collector"... never used em' before, but the service was fast and problem free. The Tiger aces were $17.95 and I also got a set of Anzio Germans (4 total) for $14.95, priority mail shipment from California was $8.95 which I think is quite reasonable for the distance involved, so the total for the whole lot plus shipping was $41.85, and they take Paypal too, which is an added bonus in my opinion. BTW, for what it's worth the guy in black is supposed to be Wittmann, the others have stereotypical German names like "Hans", "Kurt", "Karl Heinz", and "Georg" LOL :lol: All things considered I'm quite pleased with these and will probably explore the rest of this line to see what's available. Glad you guys liked the pics. 8)

Action Collector: http://www.actioncollector.com/
Gen. George S. Patton Jr., 28th Regimental Colonel, 3rd Armored Cavalry Regiment, U.S. Army, "Blood and Steel"

Panzer_M

Post by Panzer_M » Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:26 pm

ostketten wrote:
where did you buy them?
Got em' from an outfit called "Action Collector"... never used em' before, but the service was fast and problem free. The Tiger aces were $17.95 and I also got a set of Anzio Germans (4 total) for $14.95, priority mail shipment from California was $8.95 which I think is quite reasonable for the distance involved, so the total for the whole lot plus shipping was $41.85, and they take Paypal too, which is an added bonus in my opinion. BTW, for what it's worth the guy in black is supposed to be Wittmann, the others have stereotypical German names like "Hans", "Kurt", "Karl Heinz", and "Georg" LOL :lol: All things considered I'm quite pleased with these and will probably explore the rest of this line to see what's available. Glad you guys liked the pics. 8)

crew is i think made up of

Woll, Balthasar, loader position 101st s.Pz
Warmbrunn, Karl Heinz radio/bow mg 101st s.Pz
DAUSER, Hans sittin on turret..this is maybe..he was in the 1st SS Pz, not the 101st SS s.Pz Arbt
Wittmann we all know
Georg might be Bose, Georg who was in the Heer and not the SS

The Special of the set "Kurt" aka 6th figure is
Knispel, Kurt is of the SS. s Pz 503 bat.

The Anzio set are Grenadiers of the Panzer Division Hermann Goering...The HG Kampfgruppe at Anzio for Op. Shingle had 3 battalions of Panzergrenadiers and 1 Artillery Battalion attached to the 10th Army.
good traders/sellers/buyers
Alloyskull(x2), PanzerArm(x2), Ostketten, Mikeg,tmanthegreat,Coreyeagle48

Jagdplastic
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: Can Do...

Post by Jagdplastic » Sat Apr 26, 2008 7:00 pm

ostketten wrote:
where did you buy them?

I believe that each of the Normandy Aces is supposed to represent an actual person, though I've not done the proper research to id them all. "Woll", one of the Aces that you didn't mention, is Bobby Woll, Wittman's gunner and later a tank commander himself.

ostketten

Post by ostketten » Sat Apr 26, 2008 7:13 pm

Jagdplastic and Panzer M....you guys are way ahead of me there...I knew about Wittmann, but the other guys were news to me.... I guess I'm gonna have to bone up on my Panzer Ace history.. 8)

Panzer_M

Post by Panzer_M » Sat Apr 26, 2008 10:46 pm

ostketten wrote:Jagdplastic and Panzer M....you guys are way ahead of me there...I knew about Wittmann, but the other guys were news to me.... I guess I'm gonna have to bone up on my Panzer Ace history.. 8)
it's ok, up to today I've thought it was his crew he was with up to his death then I realized Woll had this own tiger for some time by then, then I looked up the crew Wittmann died with...no matches..So then I started looking up lists of Panzer aces...and found some names that matched with the Normandy 1944 period, and some that did not...and some units that did and some that did not.

I am 100% on the following

Wittmann
Woll
Warmbrunn, Karl Heinz All three are veterns of the SS 101.s Pz Abt.

Knispel I am 99% sure since he was a tiger ace,(King Tiger/503) winner of the Knight's Cross and Member of the w.SS.
in the set

Dauser, Hans I am 80% sure, Panzer ace in the 1st SS Panzer Division/1st Panzer Regiment...looked up other KC winners/aces with Hans as a first name and they are few and far between.

Georg is the trick of the Group..only name I found so far is Georg Bose(who dragon did a few Expo stuff on his mounts and a 1/6 figure but not in the "aces" camo, also he's a StuG commander and I haven't looked into where he served yet to maybe find out more) Also he would be the only Heer member in the set IF it is indeed Bose depicted...but looking at the other DML sets with historical figures like Kampfgruppe Peiper, which has Peiper, Knittel, Krause and Hanson. Also the Commander's Conferance Kharkov 1943 has Kurt Meyer(2nd DML figure first is Marupol 1941) and other officers of the 1st SS in the 3rd Battle for the City. DML does try to get it's historical sets as true as possible.

Panzer_M

Post by Panzer_M » Sat Apr 26, 2008 10:48 pm

all this while drinking my 6th Warsteiner Dunkel of the night, typing is getting harder though...

Panzer_M

Post by Panzer_M » Sat Apr 26, 2008 10:58 pm

if you want to build some i suggest

these work pass '43 if you don't use berets for Heer crews

and if some have some bad luck

Panzer_M

Post by Panzer_M » Sat Apr 26, 2008 11:20 pm

This one I've been hunting for, mainly for the officer in the Italian camo and the crewman pointing..but I have yet to have any luck.

Panzer_M

Post by Panzer_M » Sat Apr 26, 2008 11:33 pm

and if have a marder that needs a crew.

and for the halftracks

StuG crews

General custer
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by General custer » Sun Apr 27, 2008 6:37 am

Yes this figures are great for come with 21C Panzers :

[url=http://site.voila.fr/lilsoldiers/index.html][img]http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/9243/bannierelv1.jpg[/img][/url]

GooglyDoogly
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by GooglyDoogly » Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:30 am

Panzer_M wrote:
Knispel I am 99% sure since he was a tiger ace,(King Tiger/503) winner of the Knight's Cross and Member of the w.SS.
in the set
Kurt Knispel was not Waffen SS. His unit was the s.pz.abt.503, which was one of the Heer Tiger abteilungs.

Panzer_M

Post by Panzer_M » Sun Apr 27, 2008 11:19 am

GooglyDoogly wrote:
Panzer_M wrote:
in the set
Kurt Knispel was not Waffen SS. His unit was the s.pz.abt.503, which was one of the Heer Tiger abteilungs.
your right, for some reason the Panzer Aces list I was using for names had him listed with a SS rank.

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Sun Apr 27, 2008 1:01 pm

Crap! Now I have to get those figures as well. They look great in the tanks. $18 for the whole set is not bad 8)
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."