The Russians are coming! (pics)

Your forum dedicated to 1/32nd and smaller plastic and metal figures and vehicles.
ostketten
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by ostketten » Sun Apr 13, 2008 2:29 pm

The Lee looks great zuki...what do the slogans say..?? BTW, are those K&C Russians..??
Gen. George S. Patton Jr., 28th Regimental Colonel, 3rd Armored Cavalry Regiment, U.S. Army, "Blood and Steel"

Col.Pickle
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Col.Pickle » Sun Apr 13, 2008 7:03 pm

Nice! Always wished the major toy companies would expand into the Russian side of the war a bit more.
"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived."
- General Patton

Rowsdower

Post by Rowsdower » Sun Apr 13, 2008 8:25 pm

Col.Pickle wrote:Nice! Always wished the major toy companies would expand into the Russian side of the war a bit more.
Yes! I want an IS-2, ISU-122 and SU-152! Yum!
This message brought to you in part by Adderall.

ltcbj

Post by ltcbj » Tue Apr 15, 2008 1:21 pm

Very very sweet
"The only constant is change. Often short change. Learn to accept.": Noah Vaile www.dinosaur-toys-collectors-guide.com
[img]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c315/photbug/image6.jpg[/img]
On your mark! Get set! Lunch....
Want your own website? PM me!

Jagdpanther
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Jagdpanther » Tue Apr 15, 2008 1:22 pm

Sweet! I love those K&C Russians I have to get some myself.
[img88]http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s281/army5551/160392_1114600356-1.jpg[/img88]

Panzer_M

Post by Panzer_M » Tue Apr 15, 2008 2:20 pm

I'll See your Russians and counter with a sortie by Focke-Wulf 190F and B109G-6/R1

ltcbj

Post by ltcbj » Tue Apr 15, 2008 3:04 pm

You can trump them with a Tiger you know.
"The only constant is change. Often short change. Learn to accept.": Noah Vaile www.dinosaur-toys-collectors-guide.com

Panzer_M

Post by Panzer_M » Tue Apr 15, 2008 3:20 pm

no AA assets I see, other than small arms.

I'll send in the luftwaffe to soften them up first. see what some SC500s do the armour and 2cm AP/HE rounds to the soldiers.

ltcbj

Post by ltcbj » Tue Apr 15, 2008 3:40 pm

But it takes boots on the ground to take and hold the ground. Air power cannot do it all by itself.

Panzer_M

Post by Panzer_M » Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:08 pm

ltcbj wrote:But it takes boots on the ground to take and hold the ground. Air power cannot do it all by itself.
Then 3. Panzer Regt/II Abt/6.Kompanie can do it, with some support from the 304.Panzergrenadier Regiment/II Abt/5. Kompanie(Die Rot-Ritter)

ltcbj

Post by ltcbj » Wed Apr 16, 2008 3:41 am

Gotterdamerung
Armageddon
Despair
Defeat
Ouch

Rowsdower

Post by Rowsdower » Wed Apr 16, 2008 6:53 am

Just get your Predator to fire off a few Hellfires and the commie bastards.. oh wait wrong war, sorry. :P
This message brought to you in part by Adderall.

ltcbj

Post by ltcbj » Wed Apr 16, 2008 6:59 am

But entirely possible in toy wars.

Ruger
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by Ruger » Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:31 am

It's kinda funny how the mixing up of weapons from different times works. As for those Russians, I wouldn't hesitate to take them on in just one M1 Abrams. And looking over my collection in general, one Abrams vs. all of it (minus the other Abrams)... I don't think I'd bet against the M1. I think the best my Germans could field would be three Panthers, and those would be gone before they could get into range.

Sometimes it amazes me what developements we've made. And while I certainly do love the resulting weapons, sometimes I wonder where we'd be if man ever decided to put something other than killing his fellow man as a top priority. I realize that so much of the technology does trickle down into other fields, and we all benefit, but still...

In any case, I love tanks, and if any of you want to pitch your German or Russian stuff up against my modern US, let's go!

MV
"When I went into Kuwait I had 39 tanks, after six weeks of air bombardment, I had 32 left. After 20 minutes in action against the M1's, I had none." Iraqi BN Cdr, 1991
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v253/CanteenX/Blowing-Smoke-sig.jpg[/img]

ltcbj

Post by ltcbj » Wed Apr 16, 2008 12:58 pm

I too love tanks and I agree with you regarding the Abrams.

But

"put something other than killing his fellow man as top priority"??

Here we are, never met. in God knows what different parts of the country, if not the world, conversing on a forum via the internet using computers that weighed in at several tons and filled a big room twenty years ago that are now under four pounds and have 1000s of times the processing speed and memory. We ride in the most fabulously reliable motor vehicles that run thousands of miles and several years with minimal maintenance. We eat foods that was grown on a different continent and picked several days ago. We eat fruits out of season. We transport energy and water hundreds and thousands of miles so deserts can bloom and one man with a combine can harvest more in a day than a dozen farmers could in a week mere years ago. We wear clothing made from fabrics that never existed in the natural world. We play games with instruments (golf clubs, tennis rackets, etc) made from composite materials that can be fashioned to create armor for tanks. And our favorite toys are made in a dictatorship that wants to destroy our country, enslave us all, and paints them with lead based poison paint that a century ago we used regularly on everything we made ourselves. (A bit of hyperbole there.)

Our top priority as I see it is weapons against disease, hunger and poverty. Drugs, sanitation, advances in agriculture and construction. These are out true priorities.

War machines are just a side issue to our real priorities and only keep us safe from bad guys (or provide a means for the bad guys to kill us).

Man has always fought other men so I see weapons development as just a normal adjunct to human life. And when scaled down they make great toys.

Panzer_M

Post by Panzer_M » Wed Apr 16, 2008 4:35 pm

schizuki wrote:Well said.

What people don't realize is that the world is more peaceful now than an any time in history. Not to mention healthier and wealthier. No, it's not perfect. It can never be. But nonetheless. we're living in a golden age. Enjoy.
I beg to differ on this, while open war is absent...conflicts are around. This is not a Pax Terra

Military(like Iraq and skirmishes popping up globally) and Civil(as in the rise of the US violent crime rate, riots in the 3rd world over food shortages going on at the moment Our own Economic and Energy woes along with Europes.)

The Fires of War are embers now, but embers smolder awhile and then come back alight when fuel is added to the pile...right now the fuels are stacking up.

GooglyDoogly
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by GooglyDoogly » Wed Apr 16, 2008 4:44 pm

Necessity is the mother of all inventions, and war is the mother of all necessities.

This is the golden age of humanity? It's really sad if it is.

And I don't think that humanity has ever faced the possibility that the entire human race could be annihilated in a blink of an eye. Be it via nuclear, genetically engineered viral warfare, or otherwise.

So yeah. 20th Century and beyond...so not a golden age. :cry:

ostketten

Post by ostketten » Wed Apr 16, 2008 4:56 pm

I beg to differ on this, while open war is absent...conflicts are around. This is not a Pax Terra
Agreed. The history of mankind since time immemorial is one of conflict, and that is unlikely to change anytime soon.... soon meaning like in the next few thousand years or so. A rather well known Latin saying goes something like... "Si vis pacem, para bellum" or "If you wish for peace, prepare for war".
Gen. George S. Patton Jr., 28th Regimental Colonel, 3rd Armored Cavalry Regiment, U.S. Army, "Blood and Steel"

olifant

Post by olifant » Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:07 pm

Wow, all this out of some 1/32 repaints! Just think what could follow the next Yoxford post. :P

I agree that we are much better off now than at any time in the past. What is scary is not so much the minds that brought us the Iron Maiden or the guillotine but the fact that we have industrialized death on a scale never seen before. It reminds me of the quote:

"Kill one man and you are a murderer. Kill ten thousand men and you are emporer. Kill everyone and you are God."
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/5374/sshqvdjx0.jpg[/img][/url]
[url=http://g.imageshack.us/g.php?h=375&i=sshqvdjx0.jpg][img]http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/5374/sshqvdjx0.937d18e174.jpg[/img][/url]