Look what I found... New Marder III SdKfz. 139

Your forum dedicated to 1/32nd and smaller plastic and metal figures and vehicles.
ostketten
Officer - Brigadier General

Look what I found... New Marder III SdKfz. 139

Post by ostketten » Sun Jan 27, 2008 10:21 am

Found these this morning at a local TRU store. Man... I gotta tell you guys, this is one sweet looking model, it may be one of 21st Century's best efforts on a 32X vehicle so far, in terms of detail and eye appeal. I can't wait to see the S2 paint when it comes. 8) Click on the thumbs to enlarge.....

Gen. George S. Patton Jr., 28th Regimental Colonel, 3rd Armored Cavalry Regiment, U.S. Army, "Blood and Steel"

Rowsdower

Post by Rowsdower » Sun Jan 27, 2008 10:48 am

Very nice! Hopefully they will show up in my AO soon. :cry:
This message brought to you in part by Adderall.

echoes
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by echoes » Sun Jan 27, 2008 10:53 am

Wow that was fast :shock: :D
I chose Rapture.

MG-42

[+] New Marder III

Post by MG-42 » Sun Jan 27, 2008 10:57 am

[+] > ........ w/ figures too ! * :shock: + = 8)

Mitch v MG
" I love it , God help me ,.. I do love it so". * * * * PATTON * * * *

* In memory of ram04 - 7/15/12 *

ostketten

Post by ostketten » Sun Jan 27, 2008 11:00 am

w/ figures too !
Nope... sorry, but it doesn't come with any figs...I put those in there, as well as the brown ammo crates on the back. I always like to see how a vehicle will look with some crew...sorry for any confusion... :cry:
Gen. George S. Patton Jr., 28th Regimental Colonel, 3rd Armored Cavalry Regiment, U.S. Army, "Blood and Steel"

Jagdpanther
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Jagdpanther » Sun Jan 27, 2008 11:51 am

Very nice! Cant wait to get one!
[img88]http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s281/army5551/160392_1114600356-1.jpg[/img88]

Rowsdower

Post by Rowsdower » Sun Jan 27, 2008 2:35 pm

Did a complete recon of the area and all TRU had were two Jagdtigers and some artillery. No other armor, no new 190 F's or P-51D's. :(

olifant

Post by olifant » Sun Jan 27, 2008 2:39 pm

:shock: :D

That is a thing of beauty! Thank you for taking the time to post the photos OK! Damn, I need one of these!
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/5374/sshqvdjx0.jpg[/img][/url]
[url=http://g.imageshack.us/g.php?h=375&i=sshqvdjx0.jpg][img]http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/5374/sshqvdjx0.937d18e174.jpg[/img][/url]

KAMIKAZE

Post by KAMIKAZE » Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:41 pm

Very nice.
I'm a legend in my own mind.

blurx7
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by blurx7 » Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:54 pm

Thanks for posting this, Ost.
It looks great!
I will be on the lookout!
(Can the HETZER be far behind?)

:D :D :D :D :D
Geoff

FieroDude

Post by FieroDude » Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:56 pm

I just picked up the Marder at the Benton Harbor, MI WM. I'm still debating whether I will keep it to give my FOV Jagdpanther some back-up, or if I will give it to my coworker as a belated Christmas gift, since he is the big 1/32 collector. It really is a sharp looking piece, and I was shocked to find it (and it was the only one) at WM.
Verraten und verkauft,
zu lange vertröstet zu lange belogen
Verraten und verkauft,
Durch den Dreck und über den Tisch gezogen.
H.R.K 1993

KAMIKAZE

Post by KAMIKAZE » Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:58 pm

Very nice.
I'm a legend in my own mind.

ChairmanMilo
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by ChairmanMilo » Sun Jan 27, 2008 6:35 pm

Thank you for posting the pics, ostketten. I'll definitely be ordering one of these (along with the Hetzer) as soon as they're available in my AO.

AlloySkull

Post by AlloySkull » Sun Jan 27, 2008 8:21 pm

Are you guys really finding armor at Wal-Mart? Seriously... I need to go tomorrow after school.
[img]http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j317/alloyskull101/siggygpxd-1.gif[/img]
Good Traders:
KAMIKAZE
Ruger
Olifant
Panzer M

Rowsdower

Post by Rowsdower » Sun Jan 27, 2008 8:31 pm

:shock: Wow! The only armor I've seen in WM in ages are the Panther and Stuart in the two playsets, no single boxed armor at all. I'd do a back flip if I saw a Marder or 38T on the shelf! :lol: :lol:

Cabe
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by Cabe » Sun Jan 27, 2008 11:25 pm

yes, that model is my avatar. I have been wanting that one badly, that and the hetzer. But of course I did a full recon of 4 different TRUs last night and saw 1 38t, the same one I always see when I go to this one TRU and a I am always shocked it is still there., so just to make it worth my gas and time, I bought it.
But I have yet to see a single marder or even a placeholder for one.

I heard someone say these were going out to Walmarts as well ,
is that bunk?

well anyone who lives in N.Texas area, mainly DFW/Denton, please let me know as soon as you see this marder or the hetzer. I cannot go through another 3 weeks of Ebay nipple twisting

FieroDude

Post by FieroDude » Mon Jan 28, 2008 5:33 am

The WM rumor is not bunk--I found one in WM on Sunday, 1/27. Of course, knowing WMs distribution system, I found the only one they had, except the 58 cases shipped to the WM in some town in northwestern Wyoming.
Verraten und verkauft,
zu lange vertröstet zu lange belogen
Verraten und verkauft,
Durch den Dreck und über den Tisch gezogen.
H.R.K 1993

olifant

Post by olifant » Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:44 pm

FieroDude wrote:The WM rumor is not bunk--I found one in WM on Sunday, 1/27. Of course, knowing WMs distribution system, I found the only one they had, except the 58 cases shipped to the WM in some town in northwestern Wyoming.
I thought it all goes to Illinois? Sure not to the great NW!
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/5374/sshqvdjx0.jpg[/img][/url]
[url=http://g.imageshack.us/g.php?h=375&i=sshqvdjx0.jpg][img]http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/5374/sshqvdjx0.937d18e174.jpg[/img][/url]

Rowsdower

Post by Rowsdower » Mon Jan 28, 2008 7:02 pm

olifant wrote:I thought it all goes to Illinois? Sure not to the great NW!
:lol: :lol: :lol: I think your right! Maybe I need to move back to Illinois! :lol: :lol:

STUKA

Post by STUKA » Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:02 pm

well found it at TRU in Atlanta - now I wish Id picked up the early version.... I get them cheaper at WM tonight?
Ich liebe den Geruch von Sturzkampfflugzeug morgens.

Cabe
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by Cabe » Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:44 pm

i went to 6 different wallamrts since 1am this monring, they all 4 38t's at each location, only 4 and nothig else new.
Now those were not there day b4 and I guess in Texas all we get is the 38t because I have never ever see a marder in the Dallas area. Not TRU, walmart, hobbytown ....nada. Nobody has them or seen them though one forum member said he saw them in Lewisville around xmas time, I have been to that location 4 times in the las6t 2 weeks and they did have the first 38t which I bought, but since then the restock filled the shelves with Long Tom cannons and Jagdtigers.

I have given up searching by car as all these TrU's and Wal-marts cost quite a bit of gas and traffic to get to.
There are well over 20 wal-mart's in the Dallas are and of them 1/3 are 24 hour. There are 7 or so TrU's and 65 hobbytowns They have all been searched within reason, the outlying ones are probably filled to the rafeters with Marders, Hetzers and DAK pz III's.

The gas I have spent looking would ave bought at least 8 marders by now. Half the fun of collecting is the search, but searching without reward is frustrating and the price per barrel of oil is killing me.

I guess I am going back to online shopping for awhile until I am sure they are even in Texas and the Ebay hogs get done making their profits.
I am sure they have got to be in the Dallas Fort Worth area, but every Wal-mart I call, no one will answer the phone. And even if they did, I cannot in my wildest dreams expect the person on the other line to be able to answer (or bother to) my queries as to their stock. Just getting one employee at TrU to do it the other day was bad enough (see below)
Trying to do online searches of TrU inventories or Wal-Mart, why do they bother with websites?
One funny story though, I called a TrU the other night with a number off the store locater section of the TrU website. Expecting to actually get the store down the freeway, well I got some lady in a national calling center somewhere in the US that takes all TrU calls. Well I asked her if she could check and see if they had a Marder by ultimate soldier in stock and she seemed annoyed. I asked if this was Toys R US and she said yes, but this is the central phone center. I said I had called the number for a local TrU to check if this item was in stock. She then said which TrU? I told her the address (very ridiculous, I CALLED THAT STORE to talk to THEM) she then said "one second let me connect to that store" and then came back saying, "Mr. Booth I have a employee here on the line at our N. Central Expressway store who might be able to help you and then proceeded to introduce us telling the employee what I needed. The guy (ok kid) seemed confused asking what I needed, I then tried to explain to him what a Marder was and who Ultimate soldiers was and the box color ect and he actually CHECKED FOR ME. Came back and said no, they don't have any "murders". .......Would have been a heck of a lot easier if they had just allowed my initial call to be picked up by this kid, instead they had to intercept it and turn it into some switchboard laugh riot that took 10 minutes to complete.
If I sound a tad frustrated then your powers of observation are keen. Just too much traffic, rain, disappointment and wasted gas. Meanwhile I keep reading about people just stumbling upon marders elsewhere. Sheesh
I guess I will treat these things like being single, soon as I stop trying I meet someone.

STUKA

Post by STUKA » Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:07 pm

schizuki wrote:
Cabe wrote:I guess I will treat these things like being single, soon as I stop trying I meet someone.
Just hope you don't meet a chick who weighs six tons and has a cannon in her camo pants.
now that would be Marder........
Ich liebe den Geruch von Sturzkampfflugzeug morgens.

AlloySkull

Post by AlloySkull » Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:24 pm

:lol:

Gah, We have the Marder III (the first one) at my TRU... but I haven't seen anything at Wal-Mart. I went today, and we're loaded to the gills with P-51B/Cs... namely Berlin Express. That and Me-109E Black 3...

It really sucks, because I keep picking up other hobbies to buy into, because I'm really Obsessive Compulsive and if I don't have something, well, I'll find something to satisfy. I don't want to collect anything BUT 32x. But the lack of new planes brought me into 1:18, and basically now without any new stock often enough, I end up collecting Tech Deck retro skateboards (fishtails) because I skate those. That, and I always find stupid stuff to spend money on, because I have a problem with money. The only way to save money for me, is to put in a cigar box, and put that box under the other 50 cigar boxes I have. I'm going to buy an equalizer for my stereo, I really don't need, but I feel like having, for 25 bucks. I don't know. I'm kind of screwed up.

Being single, don't get me started. I had a date for the first time in 2 years last weekend, but she started getting sick a few days before and was puking on the day. Ugh. I know her well, and I probably was going to get some action. But whatever. I don't give a flying fudgekitten anymore. Screw everything.

I had to write a paper for my English professor, and it was summarizing your life, and basically I had nothing to say but all the really bad crap that's happened. I feel like crap almost all the time. I feel like I have other mental problems, I'm pretty sure I'm paranoid. I keep a beefy pellet gun loaded next to my bed, and I live in the safest neighborhood in the area.

So yeah, NOT GETTING MY 32X IS DRIVING ME EVEN MORE NUTS. I also hate when people think I'm stupid and incapable and help me with crap I don't need help with.

To be totally honest, I really truly believe a lot of you guys dislike me, and think I'm a psycho freak. But whatever. It might be true. It might not. I don't know. Though, I have the utmost respect for everyone here who shares my hobby.
[img]http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j317/alloyskull101/siggygpxd-1.gif[/img]
Good Traders:
KAMIKAZE
Ruger
Olifant
Panzer M

olifant

Post by olifant » Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:30 pm

STUKA wrote:
schizuki wrote: Just hope you don't meet a chick who weighs six tons and has a cannon in her camo pants.
now that would be Marder........
:shock: Where in the world did that come from? It sounds more like the "murder" the TRU employee referred to!

And AlloySkull, I don't dislike you in the least! I always enjoy your posts. Sometimes I worry about you though. I would like to think you could put up the pellet gun and worry less. Then I would worry less about you! 8)