Long-Simmering Questions for 21st Century Toys

Your forum dedicated to 1/32nd and smaller plastic and metal figures and vehicles.
Jagdplastic
Sergeant
Sergeant

Long-Simmering Questions for 21st Century Toys

Post by Jagdplastic » Sat Jan 19, 2008 4:02 pm

Over the years I've pondered over and over a few questions that I'd like 21st Century to answer. Here is my list...

1. What are those three white squares with the black dot in each on the Series 1 32X Panther (# 413)?

2. Why is the 32X King Tiger series the only one to show battle/usage damage? Sections of track guards are missing on these Tigers and the Jagdtigers.

3. Why is it so difficult to get a MP40 submachine gun, probably the most well-known German weapon of WWII, with their 1/18 XD German soldiers?

4. And of more recent vintage, did you knowingly take the # 102 on your Marder III M from the Marder in Saving Private Ryan?

I feel better for asking. :)

hotrodrock
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by hotrodrock » Sat Jan 19, 2008 4:23 pm

I emailed 21st about the missing track guards when it was first released and suprisingly enough, got a reply. They said it was battle damage. The problem I have with calling it battle damage is that there is not another scratch anywhere on the tank.

Rowsdower
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by Rowsdower » Sat Jan 19, 2008 5:03 pm

I never liked the missing track guards. I'd rather remove them myself if I want battle damage.
This message brought to you in part by Adderall.

ostketten

Post by ostketten » Sat Jan 19, 2008 5:45 pm

The problem I have with calling it battle damage is that there is not another scratch anywhere on the tank
LOL :lol: Yeah...it does kinda make you wonder what the thought process was there. :roll: Personally, in the absence of other significant battle damage, I think I would have preferred that they had included all the guards.
Gen. George S. Patton Jr., 28th Regimental Colonel, 3rd Armored Cavalry Regiment, U.S. Army, "Blood and Steel"