Next Easy Model Vehicles

Your forum dedicated to 1/32nd and smaller plastic and metal figures and vehicles.
lightning2000
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Next Easy Model Vehicles

Post by lightning2000 » Sun Jan 13, 2008 5:29 pm

Hi,
Yes, it does appear as if the Sturmtigers are next. Frankly, I think the Dragon versions are nicer for around the same price.

Anyway, we're hoping to find MRC/ Easy Model at the upcoming Toy Fair. Since Dragon wont be attending the Show, perhaps Easy Model will be displaying samples of their upcoming preassembled products, which also include loads of aircraft and helos.

Lightning2000
www.themotorpool.net
Create Your Own Battlefield in Miniature or Build Your Own Private War Museum...The Choice is Yours at The Motor Pool!

Col.Pickle
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Col.Pickle » Sun Jan 13, 2008 5:59 pm

Thanks for the intel, lightning.
"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived."
- General Patton

ChairmanMilo
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by ChairmanMilo » Sun Jan 13, 2008 7:16 pm

I would've thought that the market was already flooded with Dragon Ferdinands/Elefants, Tigers and Sturmtigers... lets' hope Easy Model doesn't focus too much on items that've been overdone!

Juneau@1
Sergeant
Sergeant

sturmtiger

Post by Juneau@1 » Sun Jan 13, 2008 7:48 pm

At this point between Dragon and Easy Model, we might have more 1/72 Sturmtigers than the entire German Army.
Eric

lightning2000
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

1:72 Scale Vehicles

Post by lightning2000 » Sun Jan 13, 2008 8:37 pm

Hi,
I think 2008 is going to be a banner year for several categories, particularly 1:32 and 1:72 scale military vehicles and 1:72 scale aircraft. From our vantage point, both Hobby Master and Century Wings will continue to ramp up their production pipeline, while longtime stalwarts such as Dragon and Unimax pump out product in ever faster numbers to keep up. Add in companies like Easy Model, who have an ambitious production schedule, and we could be swimming in 1:72 scale vehicles by year's end.

I'll be curious to see if there are newcomers in the diecast military market come Toy Fair and the line extensions planned by the entrenched players. Also think military science fiction will come of age, as more players and product start to see the light of day.

Lightning2000
www.themotorpool.net
Create Your Own Battlefield in Miniature or Build Your Own Private War Museum...The Choice is Yours at The Motor Pool!

olifant
Officer - Brigadier General
Officer - Brigadier General

Re: 1:72 Scale Vehicles

Post by olifant » Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:08 pm

lightning2000 wrote:Hi,
I think 2008 is going to be a banner year for several categories, particularly 1:32 and 1:72 scale military vehicles and 1:72 scale aircraft. From our vantage point, both Hobby Master and Century Wings will continue to ramp up their production pipeline, while longtime stalwarts such as Dragon and Unimax pump out product in ever faster numbers to keep up. Add in companies like Easy Model, who have an ambitious production schedule, and we could be swimming in 1:72 scale vehicles by year's end.

I'll be curious to see if there are newcomers in the diecast military market come Toy Fair and the line extensions planned by the entrenched players. Also think military science fiction will come of age, as more players and product start to see the light of day.

Lightning2000
www.themotorpool.net
Lightning, any word yet on ship dates of the FOV 1/32 line up? I am dying to get the Stryker, Ferdinand and some trucks! Wasn't a Puma listed also?
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/5374/sshqvdjx0.jpg[/img][/url]
[url=http://g.imageshack.us/g.php?h=375&i=sshqvdjx0.jpg][img]http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/5374/sshqvdjx0.937d18e174.jpg[/img][/url]

lightning2000
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

New FOV Stuff

Post by lightning2000 » Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:33 pm

Hi,
FOV should be providing its vendors with an updated list of 2008 product around Toy Fair, unless they decide to issue it sooner. I dont recall a Puma on the list, but it would certainly fill a void currently in the market.

My concern this year is with the Olympics that are to be held in China. I hear from multiple sources that many factories may be shut down for a four-week period leading up to the Olympics, all in an effort to clean up the air pollution. This will obviously have an effect on ALL goods coming out of China. I could be wrong, but there could be a mad dash to get product out prior to the lead-up period and an equally critical problem just after, as companies do their utmost to get product out for transit around the globe for the upcoming holiday season.

The net result will be more jammed US ports later in the year, as producers clog the shipping lanes with outbound container ships. Food for thought in the latter half of the year.

Read here:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/front_page/6934955.stm

Lightning2000
www.themotorpool.net