John Deere

Your forum dedicated to 1/32nd and smaller plastic and metal figures and vehicles.
Ruger
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

John Deere

Post by Ruger » Tue Jan 08, 2008 1:52 pm

Just a heads up, John Deere offers models of several pieces of their equipment in 1:50th, 1:32, and 1:64. I just got back from my local dealer looking to see what they might have in 1:32, as I've seen 1:32 pickups on Ebay with their logo, but alas, they had none. They had a few rather toyish pickup-trailer-equipment combos, but no scale was listed. They seemed close to 1:32, but a little large. I left empty handed, but with the knowledge that I might go back when my needs are different. I know our guys use Gators, and a bulldozer is always handy.

MV
"When I went into Kuwait I had 39 tanks, after six weeks of air bombardment, I had 32 left. After 20 minutes in action against the M1's, I had none." Iraqi BN Cdr, 1991
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v253/CanteenX/Blowing-Smoke-sig.jpg[/img]

crossroads
Corporal
Corporal

Post by crossroads » Tue Jan 08, 2008 5:59 pm

Norscot and First Gear both offer some Military construction equipment.

Norscot makes Caterpillar equipment in 1:50 scale. Here a few of their offerings. These have been discontinued but shouldn't be to hard to find them.

Norscot Caterpillar - D8R Military Dozer 1/50 Scale

Norscot Caterpillar 980G Military Wheel Loader

Norscot Caterpillar 140H Military Motor Grader

Thanks
Ronnie
www.crossroadsdiecast.com

crossroads
Corporal
Corporal

Post by crossroads » Tue Jan 08, 2008 6:02 pm

Ruger
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by Ruger » Tue Jan 08, 2008 6:45 pm

Yeah, 1:50 was quite popular at John Deere as well, I just didn't mention it since military stuff in 1:50 isn't all that popular. Sometimes I think it's a shame that so many interests are modelled, but not in the same scale. 1:18 seems to have the most crosses, 1:24 is all about cars, 1:30-35 for armor and military land vehicles in general with a few 1:34 trucks and construction pieces, 1:48 for aircraft especially helicopters, 1:64 for a lot of things non-military, 1:72 has a pretty good sampling of military, 1:87 for H.O. everything...

Sometimes I wish everyone had gotten together in the begining and settled on one scale to use for everything. I think the 1:32 is a good choice, big enough for detail, small enough for space concerns. The way it is now, it's hard to complete a realistic scene with all sort of background pieces. And forget combined arms forces! At least my favored 1:32 seems to be strong, and growing. With "close" scales of 1:30 and 1:35 some fudging can be done also. So I suppose I won't complain too much...

MV
"When I went into Kuwait I had 39 tanks, after six weeks of air bombardment, I had 32 left. After 20 minutes in action against the M1's, I had none." Iraqi BN Cdr, 1991
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v253/CanteenX/Blowing-Smoke-sig.jpg[/img]