WM model elimination

Your forum dedicated to 1/32nd and smaller plastic and metal figures and vehicles.
olifant
Officer - Brigadier General

WM model elimination

Post by olifant » Sun Dec 02, 2007 12:47 pm

All four of the WMs in my AO have eliminated their model sections. This is worrisome to me because most of the newest 21C AFV releases I have found only in the model form. It seems the WMs here carry the AC but not the vehicles pre-built.

Is this across the nation or just here in my area?
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/5374/sshqvdjx0.jpg[/img][/url]
[url=http://g.imageshack.us/g.php?h=375&i=sshqvdjx0.jpg][img]http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/5374/sshqvdjx0.937d18e174.jpg[/img][/url]

grunt1

Post by grunt1 » Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:36 pm

Ours still have them, but they've pretty much replaced everything with the Kustom Kolor brand of paint and accessories. Looks like it's meant to appeal to the model car community more than anything. Stuff is really pricey!

Rowsdower

Post by Rowsdower » Sun Dec 02, 2007 4:49 pm

All the WalMart's here seem to be pulling the models as well, bit by bit.
This message brought to you in part by Adderall.

VMF115

Post by VMF115 » Sun Dec 02, 2007 5:00 pm

grunt1 wrote:Ours still have them, but they've pretty much replaced everything with the Kustom Kolor brand of paint and accessories. Looks like it's meant to appeal to the model car community more than anything. Stuff is really pricey!
I was talking to the WM manager a few months ago and he said that it looked like WM might be backing away from war toys "US military related", not star wars . He had just got back from a conference after he said that.
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Let me hear your guns!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: My what?
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Your guns! Ack, ack, ack, ack, ack!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: [fires his airplane's guns] AHHHH!

Rowsdower

Post by Rowsdower » Sun Dec 02, 2007 10:43 pm

VMF115 wrote:I was talking to the WM manager a few months ago and he said that it looked like WM might be backing away from war toys "US military related", not star wars . He had just got back from a conference after he said that.
:evil: :evil: :evil: Oh well at least I still got Star Wars. Maybe Wally will start shipping in those new Chinese figures and some Chinese tanks to fill the void. Free poster of Uncle Mao and little red book in every box! :roll: :roll: :roll:

holensock
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by holensock » Mon Dec 03, 2007 5:21 am

VMF115 wrote:
grunt1 wrote:Ours still have them, but they've pretty much replaced everything with the Kustom Kolor brand of paint and accessories. Looks like it's meant to appeal to the model car community more than anything. Stuff is really pricey!
I was talking to the WM manager a few months ago and he said that it looked like WM might be backing away from war toys "US military related", not star wars . He had just got back from a conference after he said that.
Seems odd that WM is dropping military toys while Target is increasing theirs... :?: ...

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Mon Dec 03, 2007 9:27 am

holensock wrote:Seems odd that WM is dropping military toys while Target is increasing theirs... :?: ...
Its not a problem as far as I'm concerned. Target has much better distribution and does it faster than Wal Mart ever did. I feel that with items showing up at Target (or even TRU for that matter), I have a much better chance of seeing them than I ever did at Wal Mart. For example, I'm still waiting for those piles of Atlantic Avengers, as well as the M-48 and gray Panzer IVFs, just to name a few things I never saw at Wal Mart. All my area Targets are overflowing with the FOV and BBI products, and have been since a week or so after the first sighting a few months back :wink:
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

nooker21
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by nooker21 » Mon Dec 03, 2007 11:07 am

Good riddance, wal mart. Those places are miserable to shop at and I felt dirty just stepping inside of them to find an exclusive plane or two. I never saw one 1/18 Avenger out here in southern CA, not to mention numerous repaints of the 1/32 planes. I don't think I ever saw a flying tigers P40 (old or newer tex hill version), and whatever few planes they did have were usually limited. I'll be happy to completely eliminate wal mart from my itinerary and will gladly pick up my planes from other sources now...

Col.Pickle
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Col.Pickle » Mon Dec 03, 2007 4:54 pm

uh-oh. i might not like wal-mart but the fantastic thing about it is that there is one wherever u go. sure makes things alot easier.
"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived."
- General Patton

Rowsdower

Post by Rowsdower » Tue Dec 04, 2007 8:46 am

STARMAN 352ND wrote:Also the 21st Toys 1:32's are slow coming in at least i did see a Dogfight set with the "P-51B Cripes a Mighty" and Me 262... i saw a few other P-51B's in there as well.
Dang it, I wish they would ship some of those packs down here! We had the Italian pack right when they were released but that one has been MIA.

As for the models, pretty much all thats left now are those screw together homie cars. :roll:

vmf214

Post by vmf214 » Tue Dec 04, 2007 9:12 am

Rowsdower wrote:As for the models, pretty much all thats left now are those screw together homie cars. :roll:
Those are dope yo!! 8)

Think we should buy them all up and organize a nice little bonfire like the Germans did with books... :twisted:

I'm still waiting for the "undocumented alien" figs to come out, hopefully they're equipped with wire cutters and a canteen... :P
Positive B/S/T refs: hworth18, coreyeagle48, raiderad6, pickelhaube, JOC, american_grenadier, xddave, tmanthegreat

Razor17019

Post by Razor17019 » Tue Dec 04, 2007 9:56 am

Rowsdower,
I love the new Avatar!
Patrick Stewart as Scrooge: "Mr. Cratchet, ready the phasers. Target the Ghost of Christmas Future. FIRE!"
To Lee R. Frakes and the B-17 Good Pickin

[CAT]CplSlade

Post by [CAT]CplSlade » Tue Dec 04, 2007 12:24 pm

Have you checked other aisles for the model kits? The three WM's in my immediate area have all relocated the kit section a couple of rows away from where they were before, apparently as part of the mini-remodel of the toy section they just finished with.

olifant

Post by olifant » Tue Dec 04, 2007 5:13 pm

All four of the WM in my AO have models completely gone. I don't think this is a simple location change. I am AOK with this as the much beloved Homies line is well represented.

Aferg, can we add a fourth forum to the product line? It would show as follows:

1) 1/18th forum
2) Direct From The Source
3) 1/32 and Smaller
4) Homies and MLP (my little pony)

Thank you
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/5374/sshqvdjx0.jpg[/img][/url]
[url=http://g.imageshack.us/g.php?h=375&i=sshqvdjx0.jpg][img]http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/5374/sshqvdjx0.937d18e174.jpg[/img][/url]

Rowsdower

Post by Rowsdower » Tue Dec 04, 2007 9:42 pm

Razor17019 wrote:Rowsdower,
I love the new Avatar!
Patrick Stewart as Scrooge: "Mr. Cratchet, ready the phasers. Target the Ghost of Christmas Future. FIRE!"
:lol: Maybe the ghost of Christmas past is Kirk?:lol: :lol: :lol:
vmf214 wrote:I'm still waiting for the "undocumented alien" figs to come out, hopefully they're equipped with wire cutters and a canteen... :P
One will be included in the Chevy work van with 24 inch chrome rims set. The other 20 undocumented alien figures that ride in the back are sold separately. :lol: :lol:
olifant wrote:All four of the WM in my AO have models completely gone. I don't think this is a simple location change. I am AOK with this as the much beloved Homies line is well represented.

Aferg, can we add a fourth forum to the product line? It would show as follows:

1) 1/18th forum
2) Direct From The Source
3) 1/32 and Smaller
4) Homies and MLP (my little pony)

Thank you
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Omg! Hey kidz, create your own army of gangbangerz!!! I can see it now... Homies thread: Discuss Homies, share reports of reputable bail bondsmen and defense lawyers. Post pictures of your tags on public buildings. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Razor17019

Post by Razor17019 » Tue Dec 04, 2007 10:16 pm

schizuki wrote:
Razor17019 wrote:"Target the Ghost of Christmas Future. FIRE!"
But that will cause a temporal rift and an uncontained tachyon cascade. I suggest routing the Heisenberg compensators through the main deflectors with a random pulse modulation.
:shock: :shock:

But won't that cause one of the main EPS conduit in the Jefferies tube to rupture and cause a warp core breach?

"Damn it Jim, I'm an XD collector not an Engineer!"

Razor17019

Post by Razor17019 » Tue Dec 04, 2007 10:17 pm

Rowsdower wrote:
Razor17019 wrote:Rowsdower,
I love the new Avatar!
:lol: Maybe the ghost of Christmas past is Kirk?:lol: :lol: :lol:
Get with times Rowsdower, you gotta go farther back than Kirk. The Ghost of Christmas Past is Capt. Archer.

olifant

Post by olifant » Tue Dec 04, 2007 11:22 pm

"Damn it Jim, I'm an XD collector not an Engineer!"
Razor, I damn well wet myself when I read that.

Anyone remember the SNL episode with William Shatner? He was at a Trekkie convention.

"The show has been over for 20 years people! Get a life! You there, in the Spock ears, have you ever kissed a girl on the mouth?"

Gotta love it.

Rowsdower

Post by Rowsdower » Tue Dec 04, 2007 11:52 pm

Razor17019 wrote:Get with times Rowsdower, you gotta go farther back than Kirk. The Ghost of Christmas Past is Capt. Archer.
Oh man, now that would be scary! :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Rowsdower

Post by Rowsdower » Tue Dec 04, 2007 11:55 pm

olifant wrote:
Anyone remember the SNL episode with William Shatner? He was at a Trekkie convention.

"The show has been over for 20 years people! Get a life! You there, in the Spock ears, have you ever kissed a girl on the mouth?"

Gotta love it.
Haha! One of my favorite skits! :lol: :lol:

Razor17019

Post by Razor17019 » Wed Dec 05, 2007 12:06 am

Rowsdower wrote:
olifant wrote:Haha! One of my favorite skits! :lol: :lol:
I saw Patrick Stewart at my one and ONLY Trek Convention. There was a lady sitting 3 chairs down from me who hung onto every word Stewart said. She kept saying to herself, "He is so right". If Stewart had said (in his deep british accent, "Pick up the nearest phaser and kill everyone in the arena." This woman would have done it!

I like Trek, but I am no where near a "trekkie".

Now if Patrick Stewart told me now, "Got out and buy every XD item you can find." I would take his Starfleet credit card and raid TRU, TARGET AND WM!

Rowsdower

Post by Rowsdower » Wed Dec 05, 2007 8:23 am

Razor17019 wrote:Now if Patrick Stewart told me now, "Got out and buy every XD item you can find." I would take his Starfleet credit card and raid TRU, TARGET AND WM!
Imagine the space miles he racks up on that card! :shock: