All-Go announces 1/32 aircraft releases updated new pics!

Your forum dedicated to 1/32nd and smaller plastic and metal figures and vehicles.
ram04
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Re: All-Go announces 1/32 aircraft releases

Post by ram04 » Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:21 pm

So, will there be a raffle to the first member to get one, and you dealers can't qualifiy, maybe help some one out or such, so now would be the time to smooch a little rear endy on the vendors.

Of course I would'nt get all to puckered up yet, could be weeks away yet, good luck to all and please post real pics when it arrives. :lol:

snake
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by snake » Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:13 am

Would like to support AllGo, but I already have both Red 19, and Shangri La P-51, so I will be passing on these, unfortunately.

I understand their need to raise some capital, and hopefully these popular models will do well enough for them to release other schemes.

If they release something that I don't have, I would be happy to pick up these models, and give them some support. :wink:

hworth18

Post by hworth18 » Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:25 pm

snake wrote:Would like to support AllGo, but I already have both Red 19, and Shangri La P-51, so I will be passing on these, unfortunately.

I understand their need to raise some capital, and hopefully these popular models will do well enough for them to release other schemes.

If they release something that I don't have, I would be happy to pick up these models, and give them some support. :wink:
I'll buy a few more 190S because this scheme is the best one to use for repaints and I don't have a ShngriLa P-51 anymore...
“The moment you think you know what’s going on in a women’s head, is the moment your goose is well and truly cooked”
-Howard Stark

the_bird
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by the_bird » Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:39 am

since i missed the glory days im excited

AMERICAN_GRENADIER

Post by AMERICAN_GRENADIER » Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:18 am

Our planes have shipped today so i should have some pictures by the middle of next week
"SEMPER FIDELIS!"
Good Traders: Buckyroo, Razor17019, Sentinel
exether_mega, Snake, thehun, Mesa

Dauntless

Post by Dauntless » Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:49 am

..That's cool AG. 8)

I got a promo e-mail from Bad cat this morning showing they're in stock, so I figured everyone else is getting theirs too.

I haven't decided to buy any of the first re-issues, but I'm curious what the box looks like.
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::>=}:
Good trader list: hworth18, Threetoughtrucks, mikeg, cjg746, jlspec

Norsican
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Norsican » Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:08 am

hworth18 wrote:
snake wrote:Would like to support AllGo, but I already have both Red 19, and Shangri La P-51, so I will be passing on these, unfortunately.

I'll buy a few more 190S because this scheme is the best one to use for repaints and I don't have a ShngriLa P-51 anymore...
I'm doing the same, Hw. I have the Fw-190 already but not the P-51. I'm going to buy both several times over because if the one-man Algo operation doesn't sell this load, we're screwed. I'm going to give some away as door prizes at the local airport during Young Eagles day.

hotrodrock
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by hotrodrock » Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:54 am

$40?!?!? They were around $19.95 if I remember right, back when 21st folded. $20 increase in price leaves me out.

[CAT]CplSlade

Post by [CAT]CplSlade » Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:05 pm

hotrodrock wrote:$40?!?!? They were around $19.95 if I remember right, back when 21st folded. $20 increase in price leaves me out.
You do understand that price existed solely because of Wal-Mart, right?

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:15 pm

Saw these are now in stock. Amazed AllGo actually pulled through with something. I'm on the fence. I've got a "Red 19" FW-190 out on display, another tucked away in a box somewhere in my attic that I got when they were like $5 on discount at Wal Mart, so I really don't need another. I also have a "Shangri La" P-51B. Not sure I need a repaint of something I already have for $40. But then if my plane gets destroyed in the near future...

Why it couldn't have been a new paint scheme!
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

Dauntless

Post by Dauntless » Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:48 pm

They could re-issue the hard to get "Cripes a Mighty" P-51B/C from the Dogfight 2-pack, and I bet you people would buy that as easily as "Shangri La."

It would be great to see a couple more turned out.
I'm thinking the "Boise Bee" we already got in 1:48 (just magnify the markings to 1:32 and whalla no? :) )
....and a "Red Tail" P-51B/C (there's one flying around recently at the air shows with a checkered nose 8) )

I don't know if the Tuskeegee P-51B/C's were olive drab before they stripped them down to the metal, but I would definitely buy either.
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::>=}:
Good trader list: hworth18, Threetoughtrucks, mikeg, cjg746, jlspec

hotrodrock
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by hotrodrock » Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:50 pm

[CAT]CplSlade wrote:
hotrodrock wrote:$40?!?!? They were around $19.95 if I remember right, back when 21st folded. $20 increase in price leaves me out.
You do understand that price existed solely because of Wal-Mart, right?

Yes, I do. I thought they were barely worth $20 even then. I did buy several of them but they are absolutely not a $40 item. And I know thats only my opinion.

Norsican
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Norsican » Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:00 pm

hotrodrock wrote: Yes, I do. I thought they were barely worth $20 even then. I did buy several of them but they are absolutely not a $40 item. And I know thats only my opinion.
1:32 and 1:18 collectibles are perfect for a low-volume niche market. TRU and Wal Mart hijacked the niche for their own selfish gains, remade plastic models into a low-cost fad, and exposed these toys to their budget-minded, penny pinching, save-37-cents-no-matter-what clientel. Once the boxes were through raping and pillaging, they dumped the entire industry causing the loss of 21st, nearly BBI, and leaving the devoted collector with nothing but a coupon for 50 cents off a box of Mother's Cookies.

DrMindbender
Corporal
Corporal

Post by DrMindbender » Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:48 pm

Norsican wrote:
hotrodrock wrote: Yes, I do. I thought they were barely worth $20 even then. I did buy several of them but they are absolutely not a $40 item. And I know thats only my opinion.
1:32 and 1:18 collectibles are perfect for a low-volume niche market. TRU and Wal Mart hijacked the niche for their own selfish gains, remade plastic models into a low-cost fad, and exposed these toys to their budget-minded, penny pinching, save-37-cents-no-matter-what clientel. Once the boxes were through raping and pillaging, they dumped the entire industry causing the loss of 21st, nearly BBI, and leaving the devoted collector with nothing but a coupon for 50 cents off a box of Mother's Cookies.
I like to cut of your jib

hotrodrock
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by hotrodrock » Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:22 pm

Norsican wrote:

Are you saying that they are worth $40 or not worth $40? Never heard anyone say before that TRU customers were budget minded penny pinchers. I will have to disagree that TRU is a budget minded discount type big box store. You don't go to TRU unless you are willing to pay the highest prices for toys.

I am happy for you and anyone else that are finacially well off so that you don't have to worry about living on a budget or use cupons like so many families have to.

snake

Post by snake » Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:52 am

hotrodrock wrote:
Norsican wrote: Yes, I do. I thought they were barely worth $20 even then. I did buy several of them but they are absolutely not a $40 item. And I know thats only my opinion.

Are you saying that they are worth $40 or not worth $40? Never heard anyone say before that TRU customers were budget minded penny pinchers. I will have to disagree that TRU is a budget minded discount type big box store. You don't go to TRU unless you are willing to pay the highest prices for toys.

I am happy for you and anyone else that are finacially well off so that you don't have to worry about living on a budget or use cupons like so many families have to.

Well, if you can't afford to spend $40 for a decent 1/32 model, you probably shouldn't be in this hobby.

I think Norsicans point was that due to extensive clearances, people were unwilling to pay regular retail for 21C, and would just wait until it went on clearance for pretty ridiculously cheap. And this practice caused 21C to go under.

And in your previous post, you said that you thought that 21C 1/32 model was barely worth $20. Seriously, $20. :roll:

Norsican
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Norsican » Fri Aug 26, 2011 3:43 am

hotrodrock wrote: I am happy for you and anyone else that are finacially well off so that you don't have to worry about living on a budget or use cupons like so many families have to.
Wrong, but exactly the reaction expected.

The Wal Mart customer demographic differs significantly from that of the typical collector. Not that one is humanely better than the other, but they are simply different animals. Wal Mart's hijacking of the hobby forced two worlds together that wouldn't naturally mix on their own.

Hobbyists will always choose quality and accuracy over price. Likewise, we understand the manufacturer must make money in order for new products to follow. Production delays, price increases, owner modifications, are par for the course with most collectors and I think most of us take these things in stride with a grain of patience. A typical afficionado will choose a favorite retailer and stick with them, preferring reliability and accurate upcoming information over rock-bottom price.

Your Wal Mart customer, on the other hand is conditioned for the low price-- always the low price, always. They fight crowds and nagivate through semi-clean stores in search of the elusive bargain. They find a big plane, along with a box of Tide, and a 2 lb Slim Jim, and buy it. They find a second airplane but hold off until its clearanced down to $10. Several clearanced planes are purchased, parted-out, then the 2nd-class hulks are returned for a refund. If something doesn't go right, YELL for the manager, NOW! Package torn, call the manager and negotiate a larger discount. Get it home, break it, take it back. A $20 airplane now costs $40? Forget it, hell it wasn't even worth twenty bucks.

Of course this analogy is stereotypically extreme and people do not rigidly fall into one domain or the other. The point is that one unique aspect of Wal Mart's intrusion, exploitation, and destruction of our hobby is the unnatural mixing of the collector' demographic with that of the Wal Mart customer demographic, causing two very different worlds to collide. We are still seeing remnants of this collision today.

hworth18

Post by hworth18 » Fri Aug 26, 2011 4:30 am

I always thought these were underpriced for what we got, especially the later releases like the P-51, Corsair and Fw190A which were more like models than their "toy-like" predecessors. I do believe that $40 is probably the most I would spend on one of these, but I also think they are worth it.
“The moment you think you know what’s going on in a women’s head, is the moment your goose is well and truly cooked”
-Howard Stark

hworth18

Post by hworth18 » Fri Aug 26, 2011 4:31 am

Btw, I am eagerly waiting for a review on these when someone gets one. :wink:
-Howard Stark

hotrodrock
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by hotrodrock » Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:01 am

Norsican wrote:
hotrodrock wrote: I am happy for you and anyone else that are finacially well off so that you don't have to worry about living on a budget or use cupons like so many families have to.
Wrong, but exactly the reaction expected.

Thats about the only kind of reaction you could expect to such a holier than thou remark. Both you and Snake have got some pretty elitist attitudes towards our members. Maybe, just maybe, everyone who shops WM are not the budget minded, penny pinching, save-37-cents-no-matter-what clientel that you make them out to be. And if they are, maybe they have to be. You want to take a poll of how many of our members go to WM? I know you have now said that everyone doesn't fall into that catagory, but at the time I replied, you had not said that.

As I said, even though I purchased several (obviously I could afford them or I wouldn't have bought them), they still weren't worth $20 to me then and certainly aren't worth $40 to me now. And please understand I am saying that with no sarcasm or disdain towards anyone who thinks its worth $40.

According to Snake, if there is anyone on this site who might not can afford $40 for this plane, they should forget about their hobby. I'm just guessing, but there are probably several members of this site who can't spend $40 for this plane. Just speaking for myself, I don't think they should abandon this site or hobby becasue of it.

I'm done, no more comments for me on this particular thread. Headed in the wrong direction.

[CAT]CplSlade

Post by [CAT]CplSlade » Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:59 am

You can't even build one of these yourself for less than $20, as 1) the kits generally cost at least $20 to start with 2) supplies such as glue and paint will add appreciably to the cost and 3) just the labor alone spent on it is worth something.

Still may not be worth $40 to you, but where can you find a comparable model for less?

hworth18

Post by hworth18 » Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:11 am

[CAT]CplSlade wrote:You can't even build one of these yourself for less than $20, as 1) the kits generally cost at least $20 to start with 2) supplies such as glue and paint will add appreciably to the cost and 3) just the labor alone spent on it is worth something.

Still may not be worth $40 to you, but where can you find a comparable model for less?
True,
A good Hasegawa 1/32 Fw-190A kit will cost you $40-60 and that is just the kit itself. Add in the cost of glue/paint and you are looking a good $10 or more added on to that.
I have over $100 invested in some of my built models with all the PE and extras added in.

I don't think we should be fighting over who can afford these and who can't but in reality, the $14.99 we paid for these was WAY underpriced for what we got. Unfortunately, those days are LONG GONE and we shouldn't expect to see those prices again unless these can somehow return to mass market which they won't.
-Howard Stark

ketelone

Post by ketelone » Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:20 pm

I am just pleased there is a new "game" in town. Even if I don't ever buy one of these planes, I'm glad to see something 'new' is available. I was fearful that 1/32 was going extinct after the end of 21st and few offers from FOV, nothing further from BBI, very little from Britain and ONTS, Figarti going to 1/30, nothing from Conte.... To me it's refreshing. With respect to the prior debate, with all due respect, to each their own. This still remains a great hobby for all!
Ketelone

"Freedom is not free."

ketelone

Post by ketelone » Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:21 pm

I am just pleased there is a new "game" in town. Even if I don't ever buy one of these planes, I'm glad to see something 'new' is available. I was fearful that 1/32 was going extinct after the end of 21st and few offers from FOV, nothing further from BBI, very little from Britain and ONTS, Figarti going to 1/30, nothing from Conte.... To me it's refreshing. With respect to the prior debate, with all due respect, to each their own. This still remains a great hobby for all!
Ketelone

"Freedom is not free."

ketelone

Post by ketelone » Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:24 pm

Oops. Sorry for the double entry.
Ketelone

"Freedom is not free."