Look what I found... New Marder III SdKfz. 139

Your forum dedicated to 1/32nd and smaller plastic and metal figures and vehicles.
conteaddict
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by conteaddict » Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:14 pm

lucky lol. I think im gonna have to stop at the monkey depot nxt week when im in mesa and pick up a few marders they just look amazn. :)
KANE LIVES
Good Traders: Cabe, Bandit

Cabe
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by Cabe » Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:24 pm

yeah, i bit the ebay bullet. Not for too much 23 plus 7 shipping

AlloySkull
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by AlloySkull » Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:27 pm

I went to Wal-Mart, TRU AND Target today, because they are essentially next to each other. Picked up a 38t (Glad to see it at Wal-Mart around the same time as everyone else) and the Platoon Fire Support playset, which has been sitting at my WM for almost a year. :) Needed a half-track. Then, I went to TRU to see if they had any Jagdtigers left, none. =/ Went to Target and found a M3A1 Enthusiast in an Action series box. Made off with three items.

Made the hour long walk home WELL worth it. I'm about to crack 'em open and set 'em up, check everything out. :D The Enthusiast items come with a lot of great stuff, and because that at my TRU almost every FOV small vehicle set is Enthusiast, I might pick a few up, even though I'm not really into Shwimmwagons. (Spelling?) But the other items you get with it make it worth it, plus, I could use some small vehicles. Now if only they made a kettenkrad, I'd be happy.

FOV isn't that expensive really. I love 21c armor now, with these beautiful Marder IIIs and 38ts, and the Hetzer coming, they look excellent! I just felt my Cold Steel King Tiger earlier, though, and I miss that metal chassis... it was cold to the touch, as it should be. My CS Panzer III as well. If the 38t, Marders and Hetzer could only have that amazing value as well.

But I'm considering getting more into FOV, for 5 bucks more than WM price, if you do a little looking you can find the Enthusiast in Action series boxes easy. Even then, the Action series isn't too bad. My Italy 1944 Stug is fantastic! But that other Stug that's out right now, with the tank riders, is so bland, I'm considering buying it, even though it is $25, but I'll have to do a light panel line wash, and some grime. Haven't sat down and weathered in a while. :?

But yeah, today was a good day for my mini-museum. :D
[img]http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j317/alloyskull101/siggygpxd-1.gif[/img]
Good Traders:
KAMIKAZE
Ruger
Olifant
Panzer M

conteaddict
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by conteaddict » Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:35 pm

yeah i bought a couple of the ones with the figs and no number, with a little black washing and numbers they look great.
KANE LIVES
Good Traders: Cabe, Bandit

Rowsdower

Post by Rowsdower » Sun Feb 03, 2008 10:59 am

Found this Marder at TRU today. Now I have this one and the Panzer 38 so I just need the other Marder and the Hetzer when it is released. Between finding both of these in 3 days plus the whole of the 1st wave of SW figs yesterday, this has been a great weekend! These two are like no other 21st tank I've ever had. I hope they just keep on getting better!
This message brought to you in part by Adderall.

Jagdpanther
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Jagdpanther » Sun Feb 03, 2008 12:25 pm

Great! There on the east coat now maybe I will find one! :D
[img88]http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s281/army5551/160392_1114600356-1.jpg[/img88]

AlloySkull

Post by AlloySkull » Sun Feb 03, 2008 1:12 pm

Maybe I'll find one before summer! :D
[img]http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j317/alloyskull101/siggygpxd-1.gif[/img]
Good Traders:
KAMIKAZE
Ruger
Olifant
Panzer M

Rowsdower

Post by Rowsdower » Sun Feb 03, 2008 8:52 pm

AlloySkull wrote:Maybe I'll find one before summer! :D
:lol: :lol: :lol: That's what I was thinking before I nearly fell over dead when I saw it on the shelf!
This message brought to you in part by Adderall.

NHoggard12
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by NHoggard12 » Thu Feb 07, 2008 5:14 am

I think it is sad that the gun on the marder IIIM is in the recoil position; it still looks great.

EnemyAce
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by EnemyAce » Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:47 am

NHoggard12 wrote:I think it is sad that the gun on the marder IIIM is in the recoil position; it still looks great.

The gun slides forward to the correct position. You have to be careful doing it as there is some extra paint in there. Go back 3-4 pages and you'll find some detailed instructions on correcting it in the original Marder III & Pz 38t thread.

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Thu Feb 07, 2008 7:06 pm

Just got a new Marder III Sdk 139 from Ostketten today. It is a very impressive model, equally so as the Panzer 38 and Marder IIIM. The fighting compartment could have used some more ammo rounds, but nevertheless, its still super detailed. I really like how 21c is milking the Panzer 38T chasis to get us a bunch of different vehicles in such short order 8)
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."