AO Recon Thread

Your forum dedicated to 1/32nd and smaller plastic and metal figures and vehicles.
rmoore456
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by rmoore456 » Tue Jan 02, 2007 5:11 pm

Found the kits of the Blitz and Maultier today at the Washington, Illinois Walmart.

Ray

B-24Sharky
Corporal
Corporal

Post by B-24Sharky » Tue Jan 02, 2007 6:45 pm

I also found the kits of the Blitz and the Maultier today at the Logansport, Indiana Walmart.

vmf214
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by vmf214 » Tue Jan 02, 2007 9:16 pm

Got the following finally in my AO: desert Stuka, SA P-40, dogfight 1/144 dual packs which are new paint schemes so now that makes 3 for each plane...also found the 1/48 Iron Horse dual packs. Picked one up with a UN Hummer and French Little Bird helo. Oh got the 32xw Zero and Macchi kits as well. Good day today. :D

hworth18

Post by hworth18 » Thu Jan 04, 2007 11:53 am

New 1/144 dogfight packs and 1/48 Hummer/littlebird sets have shown up here , with a smattering of the individual 1/144 planes.. STILL no 1/32 planes.. :?

Most Walmarts here still look like they did the day after Christmas, No stock and bare shelves.. :(
“The moment you think you know what’s going on in a women’s head, is the moment your goose is well and truly cooked”
-Howard Stark

ostketten

Post by ostketten » Thu Jan 04, 2007 5:20 pm

A MAJOR reorganization of the toy dept. is in progress at the Mt. Airy Maryland WM, I'm hoping that means they need to make room for a BUNCH of new 21C stuff, 8) I know it's a long shot, but hey, a guy can dream can't he? :wink:
Gen. George S. Patton Jr., 28th Regimental Colonel, 3rd Armored Cavalry Regiment, U.S. Army, "Blood and Steel"

mikeg

Post by mikeg » Fri Jan 05, 2007 5:26 am

The opel and maultier truck kits have started to show down here.

Also, the priest (anna mae) and german 8ton desert halftrack vehicle kits are seen on accasion, too.

MG-42

109 G's + new model kits

Post by MG-42 » Sat Jan 06, 2007 11:07 pm

Saw the new 109 G's and model kits of the Zero and Folgore Macchi here but passed on these for 5 of the 2nd. wave of new 1:18 D-Day figures including both DAK guys. :shock: + 8)
" I love it , God help me ,.. I do love it so". * * * * PATTON * * * *

* In memory of ram04 - 7/15/12 *

vmf214

Post by vmf214 » Mon Jan 08, 2007 5:35 pm

Picked up the new DAK Panzer III today, very nice. I particularly like the swastika actually on the side!!! The DAK emblem was politically incorrect!!!!!!! I've been "sig heiling" all day because of that :P ...or at least thats what the damn busy body censor a-holes think will happen. :lol:
Positive B/S/T refs: hworth18, coreyeagle48, raiderad6, pickelhaube, JOC, american_grenadier, xddave, tmanthegreat

blurx7
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by blurx7 » Mon Jan 08, 2007 7:59 pm

I also picked up the DAK Pnz III recently and completely missed the emblem. Way cool! Is this a first?
Geoff

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Tue Jan 09, 2007 2:14 am

blurx7 wrote:I also picked up the DAK Pnz III recently and completely missed the emblem. Way cool! Is this a first?
An earlier DAK Panzer III E (avaliable at Wal Mart & small retailers as part of the first wave of "Cold Steel" vehicles) also had the swastika on the front glacis as part of the Afrika Korps insignia:

"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

FieroDude

Post by FieroDude » Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:00 pm

Well, the models finally showed up in this area--Mishawaka, IN WM had both the Zero and Macchi C.202. Other than that, both the Niles, MI and Mishawaka had several Iron Horse and Dogfight packs clearanced for $19, and Niles had the playsets (Stalingrad and Calais) clearanced for $13. It was pretty slim pickings, I am afraid.
Verraten und verkauft,
zu lange vertröstet zu lange belogen
Verraten und verkauft,
Durch den Dreck und über den Tisch gezogen.
H.R.K 1993

FieroDude

Post by FieroDude » Tue Jan 09, 2007 10:45 pm

On a side note (non-21st Century/WM), I stopped at my "local" TRU and found the new FOV Lee and Grant tanks (1 of each on the shelf). I picked up the Lee for a friend at work who collects 1/32, so I may be able to report more tomorrow. What I found interesting is that the Lee's SKU didn't show up in the computer, but the Grant's did ($19.99).
Verraten und verkauft,
Verraten und verkauft,
H.R.K 1993

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Wed Jan 10, 2007 4:46 pm

At Targets in my area, I've recently been coming across some FOV WWII German armor including the Tiger, King Tiger, and a Kannonwagen Hannomag. I picked up all three.

The Kannonwagen is in the "Hungary 1945" scheme, and comes with a bunch of accessories plus the two crew. The Tiger and King Tiger tanks are in the "Normandy" schemes and ID'ed as being from the 503rd Panzer Ablt. I'm guessing these are the "Action Grade" pieces, as the weathering does not seem to be as heavy as on the "Enthusiast" versions in pictures I've seen. They do, however, come with all the accessories!

Very nice tanks, and even if they do not have all the moving parts of the same 21c vehicles, they FOV tanks have the heavy metal content, weathering, zimmermit, and opening engines!

ostketten

Post by ostketten » Fri Jan 12, 2007 2:29 pm

At Targets in my area, I've recently been coming across some FOV WWII German armor including the Tiger, King Tiger, and a Kannonwagen Hannomag.
The Tiger is the only one of those three that has shown up in these parts, but I'll be keeping an eye out for the KT and Hanomag, thanks for the heads up.
Gen. George S. Patton Jr., 28th Regimental Colonel, 3rd Armored Cavalry Regiment, U.S. Army, "Blood and Steel"

Hanomag
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Hanomag » Fri Jan 12, 2007 9:00 pm

Hey, No prob.... :D

-sorry couldn't resist.

On Topic: I was shopping at my local Target tonight and thought I'd do a little "recon". When I got into the FoV area, there was a boy being chastized by his mother while holding a Stug.

"You have too much of that junk as it is"
-"But Mom..."
"By the time that stuff is worth anything you'll be too old to care."

I pictured myself doing a dive tackle across the shopping cart. I left the isle with a frown while my girlfriend was grinning ear to ear.

Target (columbia MD) had the new 1/72 planes and some older stuff.

-H

FieroDude

Post by FieroDude » Fri Jan 12, 2007 9:13 pm

Yep, my best friend still thinks it's funny that we can't go through a Walmart without a thorough recon of the toy department for 21st stuff. All I can say is thank god they came out with Pirates of the Carribbean stuff--that usually keeps her occupied while I do my scouting mission :D

On a more topic-related point, I see that my local Walmart has 3 1/32 items left that aren't in the clearance 2-pack category--Bf-109Fs. Unfortunately, they are on the top shelf and positioned so I can't see the paint-scheme--and no ladder in sight.
Verraten und verkauft,
Verraten und verkauft,
H.R.K 1993

mikeg

Post by mikeg » Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:36 am

I've seen and bought the hackle and jg54 russian front 109g and f, the libyan and balkans stukas, the hollowell corsair and south african p-40.

Anyone seen the other corsairs, stukas, and 109s on this side of the Rockies yet?

hworth18

Post by hworth18 » Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:07 pm

mikeg wrote:I've seen and bought the hackle and jg54 russian front 109g and f, the libyan and balkans stukas, the hollowell corsair and south african p-40.

Anyone seen the other corsairs, stukas, and 109s on this side of the Rockies yet?
I have seen the desert Stuka and all green Stuka, along with the Dk Blue/White Corsair and the South African P-40.. Also, the Hackl and Schilling 109s have arrived here..
“The moment you think you know what’s going on in a women’s head, is the moment your goose is well and truly cooked”
-Howard Stark

blurx7
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by blurx7 » Mon Jan 15, 2007 7:19 pm

mikeg wrote:I've seen and bought the hackle and jg54 russian front 109g and f, the libyan and balkans stukas, the hollowell corsair and south african p-40.

Well, in SE Michigan, I have seen all three Stukas, and at leat two different new 109's( the new 109-F, specifics of which I cannot recall, and a 109G-6 / Gabler S3. The 109s disappeared quickly but I am pretty certain the Stukas are all still to be found.
Geoff

FieroDude

Post by FieroDude » Mon Jan 15, 2007 7:46 pm

I stopped at my local WM tonight and they had the 1/32 Hackl 109G and one other (can't remember the paint scheme). However, all 3 109Fs that were on the top shelf last visit have since disappeared. Then again, so has the shelf itself :?
Verraten und verkauft,
Verraten und verkauft,
H.R.K 1993

FieroDude

Post by FieroDude » Wed Jan 17, 2007 8:56 pm

Update... shelf still missing, however, the Bf-109F-4/F-2s have been found. Placed conveniently on a top shelf in the toddlers toys aisle. So with a little climbing, I was able to get a couple down where I could see them--one is the Black 12 (don't remember the pilot name) and the other was the North Africa version. And there looked to be at least 2 of each--behind the first row of 3 190Fs there was another row of mixed 109Gs and Fs...
Verraten und verkauft,
Verraten und verkauft,
H.R.K 1993

bboc
Corporal
Corporal

Franklin Mint 1/100 airplanes

Post by bboc » Fri Jan 19, 2007 4:23 pm

After hearing about the Franklin Mint 1/100th airplanes what seems like a year ago, I was mighty surprised to see a large pile of them at the Ordnance Road, MD WalMart. Of course, they were not over by the diecast or military stuff, they were two aisles down on a little girls toys end cap! (':P')
They had the Mustangs, Messerschmidts, Lightnings, Spitfires, Flying Tiger P40's, helicopter and what I think are F15's. I'm not sure, because I don't know the newer jets or copters.
Not helped by the lack of descriptions that I could find on the boxes.j(':roll:')

ostketten

Post by ostketten » Sat Jan 20, 2007 1:49 pm

Mt. Airy Maryland WM had a few of the Ironhorse and Dogfight dualpacks clearanced at $15 ea..... Detroit Miss P-51/Red nose Me262, Sdkfz8 prime mover/M3 Halftrack, and Sdkfz 222 armored scout car/Hanomag. Things are looking grim, it looks like they are phasing out the 21C stuff altogether, no sign of any XD, and this store used to have a lot of it. :(

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Sat Jan 20, 2007 5:19 pm

It will be interesting to see what the future of 21c at Wal Mart is. There was one store in my area that at the beginning of 2006 had a great selection of XD and 32x, but then went practically dry, while another store seemed to get more products in that had previously had next to nothing.

The fact that all of us have been reporting massive discounts nationwide and all at the same time is not encouraging. The stores in my area, for example, were notorious about NOT discounting the XD products, even when the boxes and items were badly damaged. This past month has seen a turn-around of that policy...