AO Recon Thread

Your forum dedicated to 1/32nd and smaller plastic and metal figures and vehicles.
rmoore456
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by rmoore456 » Thu Nov 16, 2006 11:26 am

The Normal, Illinois Walmart recieved the S4 Corsair and the S3 Stuka. The Allen Road Walmart in Peoria, Illinois received the Mustang/262 Dogfight and what appears to be a whole box of just desert camo 88 guns.

Ray

Quixote511
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by Quixote511 » Thu Nov 16, 2006 3:56 pm

I found the new sdkf 4 around Dayton. PM for exact location.
Aaron

My pathetic fantasy football team:

[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img458.imageshack.us/img458/1804/polocksia2.jpg[/img][/url]

warhawker
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by warhawker » Fri Nov 17, 2006 8:32 am

Last night on the way home went by the WM on 35E & main st. in Lewisville/Flower Mound and found the new 1/32 German 3 ton trucks and SDKFZ 4 half-track truck! Picked up one SDKFZ and noticed as well two NK Migs and one-old Motorworks boxed 109 that had seen better days!

ostketten
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by ostketten » Fri Nov 17, 2006 12:25 pm

Mt. Airy (Maryland) WM had a new Iron Horse dual pack with a camo German 8 ton prime mover and a US Halftrack. North Frederick (Maryland) WM had an RC Panzer IV in an all-grey paintsceme. Dunno if either of these is "new" but it's the first time I have seen them. Click the thumbnail for a full size view.

Gen. George S. Patton Jr., 28th Regimental Colonel, 3rd Armored Cavalry Regiment, U.S. Army, "Blood and Steel"

rmoore456
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

New 1/48th

Post by rmoore456 » Fri Nov 17, 2006 1:59 pm

The Normal, Illinois Walmart received the 1/48th P-51 and Me-109K in new paint schemes. The P-51 was in all silver with the name "Princess" on the cowl, yellow tail with 2 diagonal black stripes. It also comes with a bubble canopy. The 109 was the strandard green camo with white "17".

Ray

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Fri Nov 17, 2006 2:08 pm

Hey... I was just going to report the new 1:48 planes as well :D I came across the assortment with the P-51C and the BF-109K today in Fresno, California!

I also found the new 32x Iron Horse packs with the SDK 7 Prime Mover and the M3 Halftrack. The vehicles sport excellent paintjobs, but I don't need another SDK 7!

On another note, I actually decided that I would give in and get the new planes that I found - as both looked better than the first two 1:48 aircraft. However, when I got to the register, the new aircraft hadn't been scanned into the system. The cashier went to check the price on the new products, which wasn't there as they were sort of tossed in with some 32x tanks on an end cap. Ultimately, the cashier wouldn't let me get them as the person who enters the items into the computer was off today! It is really no big loss, considering I was getting them on a whim, however, had they been somethin new in 32x or 1:18, then I would have made a scene. Why put something out on the shelf w/o making sure its in the computer system first? Ahh, the antics of Wal Mart :?
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

mikeg

Post by mikeg » Sat Nov 18, 2006 1:29 pm

Try the other side of town every once in a while....

Today, I found the m7 priest, sdkfz.4 halftrack, 3 ton truck, and just for the hell of it, a brummbar repaint, buying all, of course. Sometimes even going to the same 6 or 7 walmarts, nothing ever changes.

But not this time, me droogies, not this time a'tall.

blurx7
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Midwest Road Trip Results

Post by blurx7 » Sun Nov 19, 2006 8:23 pm

Travelling from Michigan to Indianapolis today. Seeking a Priest, plus the new 1/32 halftrack and the new truck, plus maybe the Corsair. Here is what I found:

Coldwater ,Michigan - Plenty of 1/18 new stuff including both new Hanomag variations as well as the new US halftrack, PAK 40, plus Migs and Mustangs, but on the 1/32 scale only the new paint schemes for the Panzer III, 88 and Panzer IV, plus some of the Iron Horse and Dogfight combo's. Tempted by both the 88 and the Panzer III, but I have too many of both already.

Auburn, IN - Some of the new 1/18 scale stuff, but only the Dogfights in 1/32. Oh, they did also have both the Calais and Stalingrad playsets. Side note. Auburn is home to not only the very cool Auburn/Cord car museum, but also what is supposed to be a very cool WWII vehicle collection numbering some 150 different vehicles. Alas, no time to stop there today.

Fort Wayne IN - All the above mentioned 1/18 stuff plus one Avenger (would that I had the room for 1/18 stuff!). Only a couple of forlorn old school Brummbars in 1/32... oh, but wait... a Stuka and lurking behind, a Corsair. Alright!

Fishers, IN - Unbelievable! Not one 21st Century item in the entire store. Nothing. Nada. Zilch. Sheesh!

This road trip will also take me to Louisville,KY , Cincinnati, Dayton and points in between Dayton and Detroit. More anon about what we find...
Geoff

nooker21
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by nooker21 » Mon Nov 20, 2006 10:12 pm

Finally! I've completed my 32x collection for now...picked up the S1 green stuka at Buena Park, CA WM (2 others left along with one S2 white tailed corsair). The Anaheim WM had a few guadalcanal corsairs along with yellow nosed stukas and one snake stuka...thank goodness I no longer have to search Wal marts during the holiday season...

KWR190
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by KWR190 » Tue Nov 21, 2006 12:51 pm

The Olympia WM got in the new iron Horses pack there are about 24 of them in the tool section and about 6 of the dog fight pack with 262
Kurt

blurx7
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Road Trip/ days two and three

Post by blurx7 » Tue Nov 21, 2006 8:44 pm

Continuing south...
Walmart on south side of Indianapolis on Monday afternoon had the 1/18 Stuka and also the 1/32 Stuka, plus the 1/32 P40 in S African paint. Not much else.
In Columbus IN we found the new 1/18 Mustang plus the new King Tiger and Panzer III in 1/32
Clarksville ,IN we discovered to be loaded with Dogfight and Iron Horse packs, but little else.
Today we continued east from Lousville.
LaGrange,KY possessed a couple of Avengers plus a couple of old 1/18 Spitfires (sure would like to see 21st do a Spit in 1/32) This store also had all three 1/18 Hanomag variations, plus the Halftrack Gun Carriage and the PAK 40. In 1/32 they had numerous Dogfight and Iron Horse sets plus the Okinawa, Stalingrad and Calais playsets. They had one of the new 1/32 Panzer III's. I am beginning to despair of ever finding my Priest or Opels.
Florence, KY - 1/18 Migs, Mustangs and old Spitfires. 1/32 Dogfights and Ironhorses plus Corairs and green Stukas. Also, both the Mustang C and the 109 in 1/48, and best of all for me ( since I had given up on this one) the 7.5cm IG.18 Cannon and crew set. I finally spent some money !
Pushed right thru Cinci due to heavy traffic.
Middletown OH - 1/32 green Stuks and Sth African P-40's, plus several sad Brummbars. Also, 1/18 Migs, Me109s and (first I have seen) Sabers. This store also was stocked with literally dozens of the 1/18 motorized Pnz IVs and M113s. Stacked to the rafters with these ( I saw a lot of these two items everywhere I went. I don't know how WM will ever move them all)
Troy, OH - Pretty lean. A few Brummbars and some 1/18 109's. Sad.
Wapakoneta, OH - Iron Horses. 1/48 Mustang B and 109's. More Brummbars....
Finally, I stopped at a relatively new WM in Findlay, OH, and honestly cannot remember what they had other than that it was similar to the other Ohio stores, and that they did not have my Priest or Opel's. Sigh. Anyone know what assortments look like that contain these? What else comes with them? Do they come packed with the new versions of the Kind Tiger and Pnz III? I do not think they have shipped yet to OH, but I may have just been too late in IN and KY. Oh well. Perhaps these will arrive in droves soon and sit there like the Bummbars until after Christmas, to be picked up then on clearance for a song! (especially after the ebay lowlife begin to return them having found them to have become no longer profitable on the aftermarket)
Ah well. Happy hunting!
Geoff

hworth18

Post by hworth18 » Tue Nov 21, 2006 8:52 pm

Geoff,
GREAT Recon!!!
The assortment that I have seen is ONLY the 3-ton trucks and opels.. The preist has shown up here also, but no Corsairs or Stukas..
“The moment you think you know what’s going on in a women’s head, is the moment your goose is well and truly cooked”
-Howard Stark

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Tue Nov 21, 2006 10:23 pm

The M7 Priest comes in an assortment with the repainted Brumbar and Panzer IV D, in a case of two each. The German 3 ton truck and SDK-4 Halftrack come in a case of two each.

hworth18

Post by hworth18 » Wed Nov 22, 2006 12:28 pm

One Walmart here has gotten in 8 (fixed) Avengers, and a ton of the 32x duel sets, but not the new one yet.. I also found the new 1/48 Mustang and Bf-109K4 at another Walmart and almost didn't get them becasue they were on the shelf, but hadn't been entered into the system.. I got them after a little coercing.. :wink:
“The moment you think you know what’s going on in a women’s head, is the moment your goose is well and truly cooked”
-Howard Stark

blurx7
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

FOV at Target

Post by blurx7 » Sat Nov 25, 2006 12:46 pm

I don't know if anyone has yet reported this. however, I just came across a FOV Sd. Kfz. 251/9 Kanonenwagen ( Hungary 1945) at Target in an Action series box. All the same stuff as in the Enthusiast edition. I know they have repackaged enthusiast edition stuff before, but this piece was new to me in this packaging. Keep your eyes peeled. $19.95 beats the higher prices at Hobby shops!
Geoff

vmf214

Post by vmf214 » Mon Nov 27, 2006 1:39 pm

No Corsairs or Stuka's in SW MO, NW AR, or NE OK. What's up with that! Did get the new dogfight packs at 2 of the WM's, and model kits of the new armor but not the others... :(

hworth18

Post by hworth18 » Mon Nov 27, 2006 3:35 pm

vmf214 wrote:No Corsairs or Stuka's in SW MO, NW AR, or NE OK. What's up with that! Did get the new dogfight packs at 2 of the WM's, and model kits of the new armor but not the others... :(
I could've told you nothing here in NE OK.... :wink:
I have noticed the new 1/48 Mustang and 109K pop up along with some Tigerstriped Migs, but nothing worth mentioning in 32x.. I just want the new 109Gs!!!!!
-Howard Stark

Gunner
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by Gunner » Fri Dec 01, 2006 8:04 pm

1/72 Figure Sets are on sale at Target in Central Arkansas.

Unfortunately, the new vehicles haven't shown up yet, but I found a cache of T-72s. I already have two that I've repainted green and two more to be repainted (plus one that had a broken track), so I REALLY don't need anymore T-72s...
- - - - - - - - -
All of us have skeletons in the closet. Only some of us have bodies in the freezer, though...

MG-42

Post by MG-42 » Sun Dec 03, 2006 10:00 pm

>>> Picked up the (S-3) Sturmpanzer Brummbar and "Devil Dogs" Corsair ,.. new Iron-Horses battle pack w/ the neat German camo'd famo Sdkfz. 7 . ... + a new battle pack I have not seen. ... Stalingrad "The final assault". ... It has the (S-1) "grey" 222 complete w/ SS markings and two new Russian soldiers ,... one of which is holding a "Molotov cocktail". .... It's about time this stuff starts to appear here at my AO W-M. :wink: + 8)
" I love it , God help me ,.. I do love it so". * * * * PATTON * * * *

* In memory of ram04 - 7/15/12 *

vmf214

Post by vmf214 » Sat Dec 09, 2006 5:12 pm

FINALLY! One WM had 2 of the S1 Stuka's and 2 of the S2 Corsairs. About time!!

MG-42

More finds popping up !

Post by MG-42 » Sun Dec 10, 2006 8:20 pm

>>> Finally found an M7 Priest today here in my AO :roll: ,.. not really expecting to find much of anything. ... I did however pick up another "Stalingrad" set just out of sheer curiosity to see if it contained any different Russian figures. :shock: >>> It did ! ,.. including that "female sniper" I really wanted. ... Goes to show ,.. "these sets are like a box of chocolates" ,.. "ya' never know what yer' gonna' git". 8) + :lol:

>>> I know these New Russian figure sets will be appearing soon ,... but I don't care ,.. I did'nt want to wait. I'll still get a set though. :wink:
" I love it , God help me ,.. I do love it so". * * * * PATTON * * * *

* In memory of ram04 - 7/15/12 *

FieroDude

Post by FieroDude » Sun Dec 10, 2006 8:31 pm

I mentioned this on the 1/18 thread for scale jumpers, but just in case... Spotted in the Mishawaka, IN Walmart: 1/32 Big Hog Corsair and Snake Stuka... They had about 3 of each as of 12/9... Happy Hunting!
Verraten und verkauft,
zu lange vertröstet zu lange belogen
Verraten und verkauft,
Durch den Dreck und über den Tisch gezogen.
H.R.K 1993

B-24Sharky
Corporal
Corporal

Post by B-24Sharky » Mon Dec 11, 2006 7:30 am

Didn't find anything of interest in Indy. Looks like I'll be planning a Mishawaka raid this afternoon. Good Hunting!

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Mon Dec 11, 2006 12:14 pm

Found about 18 of the new 1:48 Panzers - all Wirblewinds and gray Panzer IV Ds. Then I was surprised to turn a corner and find 20 of the 32x "Snake" Stukas and "Big Hog" Corsairs! The snake Stuka is a work of art :D

bboc
Corporal
Corporal

1/48's are fragile

Post by bboc » Wed Dec 13, 2006 10:19 am

I found and bought a 1/48 Panzer IV ausf F in Glen Burnie, MD. It took me exactly one minute to break the front left sproket axle lock by moving the treads. The thing is very small, although the axle itself is not.

Oh, and the Priest and the Stalingrad sets showed up too. I bought one of each, but haven't opened the boxes yet.