Forces of Valor 1/32 Custom made Russian SU 85 on ebay

Your forum dedicated to 1/32nd and smaller plastic and metal figures and vehicles.
ledhead0085
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: Forces of Valor 1/32 Custom made Russian SU 85 on ebay

Post by ledhead0085 » Fri Nov 01, 2013 4:58 pm

im not saying your points are wrong. panzerarm , plasicgeneral . i was just reading some of the post was just thinking this guys not gonna want to come in having to defend himself as he hasn't even started talking to any of us yet. i don't know what he said on the other site. i wanted to check out the tree frog but i havn't the time. i was just reading it imagining i was him, it just didn't feel good. i train a lot of people at work and i do have to critique them. some people just get discouraged easier then others. you kinda get a feel for how much they can take as you get to know them and observing them. if you slam them to hard in the beginning theyl give up an believe that they are a screw up. read threw the post pretend your him never talking to us yet. im not trying to fight with you guys

PanzerArm
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by PanzerArm » Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:14 am

I see where you are coming from Leadhead, but I don't believe Serge ever intended to interact with anyone with respect to his customs besides to try and advertise them on another board and sell them on ebay. Private messages on ebay, the treefrog forum, and this forum have made that apparent.

Now, on to his latest offering, the "SU-152" he listed yesterday. For those interested in this auction I feel I need to warn you that his rendition is flawed in a very serious way. He has taken the superstructure and gun from an Ogenok ISU-152 and mated it with a FoV KV-1. This combination does not an SU-152 make. The SU and ISU had different superstructures, the SU having a lower silhouette and the ISU having a higher, boxier, version. Here are some comparison shots:

SU-152

-Kevin

PanzerArm

Post by PanzerArm » Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:15 am

ISU-152

Can't get imageshack to play this morning, but just look upsome photos of the two and you can tell the difference. Just thought I would let you guys know, especially if you happen to be the person that placed the $249.00 bid on it...

-Kevin

ledhead0085
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by ledhead0085 » Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:57 pm

your right i did see that isu 152 earlier today i just thought it was the Ogenok. i didn't look at it closely. someone is willing to pay for it tho. honor bound and figarti items go for that price and their tracks don't even roll. to someone that can't paint and would like one it maybe worth it.

PanzerArm

Post by PanzerArm » Sun Nov 03, 2013 5:34 pm

ledhead0085 wrote:your right i did see that isu 152 earlier today i just thought it was the Ogenok. i didn't look at it closely. someone is willing to pay for it tho. honor bound and figarti items go for that price and their tracks don't even roll. to someone that can't paint and would like one it maybe worth it.
But that was my point, it is neither a SU-152, or a ISU-152. SU-152 has hull/running gear of a KV-1 and the low profile superstructure. ISU-152 has the hull/running gear of an IS, and the higher profile superstructure. Serge's tank combines elements of both, the KV-1 hull(SU-152), and the high profile superstructure from the Ogenok kit(ISU-152) to create a vehicle that never existed and is not correctly advertised.

Now if you have deep pockets and wanna spend that kinda money on a decently painted fiction tank that kind of looks the part, then by all means, knock yourself out. I personally would only pay that kind of money if it was historically correct, had an excellent paint job, and it came with a few figures.

-Kevin
Last edited by PanzerArm on Sun Nov 03, 2013 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PanzerArm

Post by PanzerArm » Sun Nov 03, 2013 5:35 pm

Double post