Complete list of FOV's Releases in 2012

Your forum dedicated to 1/32nd and smaller plastic and metal figures and vehicles.
Wrights Collectables
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: Complete list of FOV's Releases in 2012

Post by Wrights Collectables » Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:43 am

The 1:32 Panther/Wirbelwind 1:72 M-10/Wespe are slated for March/April in the UK.

Normally you guys (USA) get them a little earlier Heer.

Oh and after having a discussion with a customer, the Panther seems to be historically inaccurate.

I am not sure the 8th SS (Florian-Geyer) had Panthers and they certainly where not in Belgium in 1944 as FoV's pre-release documents are trying to tell me!

I notice the original link states an "Unknown unit", I wonder why the UK is being told wrong information? :roll:

binder001
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by binder001 » Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:55 am

I'm REALLY, REALLY excited to see that US WC54 ambulance in the works! That's a real eye catcher in a sea of OD vehicles and I can think of several display ideas for it. Plus the airplane guys might find it handy to go on an airfield scene with their wingy-thingies. Same for the canvas topped jeep - common in airfield pictures.

I agree that the camo on the M26 Pershing looks funky. I have seen quite a few photos of Pershings in Germany in 1945 and they were either basic OD or in the 12th Army Group camouflage of black pattern painting over OD base. Oh well, I can handle painting it if I have to.

Neat stuff, I'm looking forward to see some of it!

EnemyAce
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by EnemyAce » Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:42 pm

Somebody needs to tell them that the M10 has been done quite a bit by HM, but the M36 on the same hull is yet to be made, and would be a cool one!

MG-42
Officer - Brigadier General
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by MG-42 » Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:53 pm

Wrights Collectables wrote:Oh and after having a discussion with a customer, the Panther seems to be historically inaccurate. I am not sure the 8th SS (Florian-Geyer) had Panthers and they certainly where not in Belgium in 1944 as FoV's pre-release documents are trying to tell me!
>>> I can believe that , just from the looks of it. I was wondering the same thing. ... and so does the new camo'd Pershing. Doesn't look historically accurate to me. Korea perhaps but not for late war Germany. I'm still getting it though.

* I noticed that FoV did not include another Zündapp in their lineup this time around. Maybe next year , hopefully for eBaY's sake.

- MG
" I love it , God help me ,.. I do love it so". * * * * PATTON * * * *

* In memory of ram04 - 7/15/12 *

Heer
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by Heer » Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:03 pm

I do hope that FOV would release another zundapp hopefully an SS version, since FOV released a WH and WL version already.
"...the first 24 hours of the invasion will be decisive...the fate of Germany depends on the outcome...for the Allies, as well as Germany, it will be the longest day." -Erwin Rommel

Heer
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by Heer » Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:27 pm

Thanks for 72.com
"...the first 24 hours of the invasion will be decisive...the fate of Germany depends on the outcome...for the Allies, as well as Germany, it will be the longest day." -Erwin Rommel