1:72 Collecting Question

Your forum dedicated to 1/32nd and smaller plastic and metal figures and vehicles.
Dauntless
Officer - Brigadier General

Re: 1:72 Collecting Question

Post by Dauntless » Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:30 pm

A Scott huh? My Aussie family on my mother's side were of the McGregor clan, in Australia because of Rob Roy I was told.

Nice Mossie, never really thought about those. A nice make from Corgi? Any glaring flaws? The history on that one is cool.

I read the reviews on the HM Stuka, a near perfect diecast plane. Wanted the Rudel for a while now. Found it at a super deal along with the SBD. Even though I was sticking to mainly Pacific planes, I couldn't pass on it.

Cjg, I'm still chipping away at my Star Wars collection, I haven't even gotten to the loose figures yet, and there's even more than I had carded. :? My passion for other things like diecast has replaced it though, so I haven't missed it.
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::>=}:
Good trader list: hworth18, Threetoughtrucks, mikeg, cjg746, jlspec

snake

Post by snake » Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:50 pm

Purebred Scottish. 8)

Was 10 when the family moved to Canada, so lots of memories of the "Old Country". Go Glasgow Rangers!. :lol:

So as well as being a fan of Canadian schemes, also a fan of RAF based out of Scotland, with RAF Leuchars in particular. Have an EE Lightning, and Phantom from Leuchars, and the latest Corgi Tornado is a Leuchars bird, so definite must have for me.

Now that you picked up an airbrush and compressor, cjg, all sorts of possibilities for you to do. Good to see you pick up some of those pretty unique aircraft kits from Harry. If you do them well, they should be fantastic. 8)

Not sure if you guys saw this already, but I recently picked up a fantastic looking pre built plastic kit. A Blohm & Voss 222 seaplane. Super stoked about this one, and she should arrive any day now. I have a few pre built plastic kits already, and all from Harry. Horten 229 in 1/72, and two Do 335's in 1/48.

The awesome BV 222.

She is a beauty, and check out the turrets in the wings.

Glad that you picked up the HM Rudel Stuka, Dauntless. A very important aircraft of WWII. The ultimate Stuka ace, but a dedicated Nazi.

And it has been pretty quiet around here, unfortunately. :(

cjg476
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by cjg476 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:40 pm

I heard about your 222 purchase. Would love to get that kit. You will have to show us better pics when you get it. She is a beauty for sure.
Corey
Good Trader Report:
Dauntless-----------------------[Cat]CplSlade
Jlspec
Pickelhaube
Axis nightmare
Flyboy_fx

Dauntless

Post by Dauntless » Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:35 pm

Wow! 8) That's cool.
Harry does some nice work.
Makes me want to build a model again. Wish I had the time.
I did assemble that FW-200 Condor when I was a teen.
Maybe try to build a B-17 instead of waiting for a decent priced Corgi thats not going to happen. :?

I guess the only two tank buster Stukas HM made were both flown by Rudel. The HM "Experimental Unit" one is his also.

Dauntless

Post by Dauntless » Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:57 pm

Oxford Diecast is coming out with a 1:72 Midway Buffalo finally.
Still prefer any Midway planes for PTO that come down the pipe, and I don't collect 1:48, so will be getting this if it's not too cheezy.

http://www.flyingmule.com/products/OD-AC035