FOV at Target

Your forum dedicated to 1/32nd and smaller plastic and metal figures and vehicles.
Light.Inf.Scout
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by Light.Inf.Scout » Sun Aug 05, 2007 6:23 am

My Target has the same 3 Improvised TOW vehicles they have had for at least a year and that's it. :cry:

csiemers
Corporal
Corporal

Post by csiemers » Sun Aug 05, 2007 2:12 pm

Here's my final tally from Target this week:
M4A1 Sherman & 8 Soldiers
M26 Dragon Wagon
LCM Landing Craft
US 29th Infantry Soldiers
British 6th Airborne Soldiers

Today at Toys-R-Us:
Russian Cossack Cavalry Soldiers
US 7th Infantry Soldiers

Did see the Grant and Wurfkorper at Toys-R-Us. Also a Corsair and Me-262.
-Cary
http://www.wwiivehicles.com

Fox Tare-28
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by Fox Tare-28 » Sun Aug 05, 2007 8:09 pm

Quixote511 wrote:Does anybody have a profile for the FOV 1/32 Spit with the Group Commander Pennant Joan Too? Or is this a made up scheme?

I tried to google it and look it up on Wings Palette, but no go. :(

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Mon Aug 06, 2007 12:19 am

Picked up an FOV P-51D at Target today. It is naturally not as great as the 21c P-51B/C, although the moving surfaces and opening engine are cool features. Given that it was being sold for only $15, the purchase was very well worth it! I also added some proper-looking 5-inch rockets (extras from a 32x Corsair) and they look far better than the fat, toyish ones that came with the plane.
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

Rowsdower

Post by Rowsdower » Mon Aug 06, 2007 10:17 am

tmanthegreat wrote:Picked up an FOV P-51D at Target today. It is naturally not as great as the 21c P-51B/C, although the moving surfaces and opening engine are cool features. Given that it was being sold for only $15, the purchase was very well worth it! I also added some proper-looking 5-inch rockets (extras from a 32x Corsair) and they look far better than the fat, toyish ones that came with the plane.
15 bucks, wow. I bought the FOV Spitfire a few weeks ago and I was really dissapointed by the poor construction, rivit overkill and canopy/side-door that fell off as soon as I took the thing out of the box. I brought it back the next day. I was also never really into the whole removable panel thing. Even all the way back to GI Joe days. They never seem to fit right and usually fall off.

I did pick up the 1:72 Pearl Harbor P-40 and even though the stand broke it looks great on it's wheels underneath my Corgi P-40E. I always like seeing the progression of aircraft types next to each other.
This message brought to you in part by Adderall.

rmoore456
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by rmoore456 » Mon Aug 06, 2007 2:31 pm

My wife picked up the landing craft, halftrack w/howitzer and the dragon wagon for me. The price did not come up and in all of the confusion she ended up getting one for free.

Ray

Fox Tare-28
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by Fox Tare-28 » Mon Aug 06, 2007 2:41 pm

rmoore456 wrote:My wife picked up the landing craft, halftrack w/howitzer and the dragon wagon for me. The price did not come up and in all of the confusion she ended up getting one for free.

Ray

:lol: sweet.

Rowsdower

Post by Rowsdower » Mon Aug 06, 2007 3:40 pm

I hit Target today. Same two (I marked them) 1:18 choppers, Blackhawk and Apache. Still no new 1:72 vehicles.

luftpanzer

Post by luftpanzer » Mon Aug 06, 2007 7:59 pm

rmoore456 wrote:My wife picked up the landing craft, halftrack w/howitzer and the dragon wagon for me. The price did not come up and in all of the confusion she ended up getting one for free.

Ray
WOW! Can I swap my wife out with yours for a while. The only thing my wife will pick up for me is another dam shirt. :lol:
Back At ft campbell KY Formally of Ocala FL

Jagdpanther
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Jagdpanther » Tue Aug 07, 2007 4:30 am

I have not seen any of the new stuff yet in Target. Of course my local Hobby Town had the new stuff except the Dragon Wagon.

hworth18

Post by hworth18 » Tue Aug 07, 2007 11:41 am

The Target here just finished its Xmas reset with all the new FOV stuff.. I walked out with a $15 Spitfire (couldn't pass up- good for repaint) although i was also hoping to see a B-26 Marauder or B-25 on the shelf, I guess they will be coming soon enough..
“The moment you think you know what’s going on in a women’s head, is the moment your goose is well and truly cooked”
-Howard Stark

Rowsdower

Post by Rowsdower » Tue Aug 07, 2007 12:10 pm

Is the Spitfire 1:72?

hworth18

Post by hworth18 » Tue Aug 07, 2007 12:19 pm

Rowsdower wrote:Is the Spitfire 1:72?
1/32.. They also had a couple of Mustangs in 1/32 but I passed on those..
“The moment you think you know what’s going on in a women’s head, is the moment your goose is well and truly cooked”
-Howard Stark

Rowsdower

Post by Rowsdower » Tue Aug 07, 2007 12:37 pm

hworth18 wrote:
Rowsdower wrote:Is the Spitfire 1:72?
1/32.. They also had a couple of Mustangs in 1/32 but I passed on those..
:shock: So these are the same 1:32 Spits that TRU has for $30???? :shock: :shock: :shock:

hworth18

Post by hworth18 » Tue Aug 07, 2007 12:40 pm

Rowsdower wrote:
hworth18 wrote: 1/32.. They also had a couple of Mustangs in 1/32 but I passed on those..
:shock: So these are the same 1:32 Spits that TRU has for $30???? :shock: :shock: :shock:
Yes, exact same planes.. And to be honest, they are okay, but not FOVs finest achievment.. I would only recommend them if you are planning some major reworking..
-Howard Stark

Rowsdower

Post by Rowsdower » Tue Aug 07, 2007 1:14 pm

hworth18 wrote:Yes, exact same planes.. And to be honest, they are okay, but not FOVs finest achievment.. I would only recommend them if you are planning some major reworking..
Yea I got one of the FOV Spits from TRU last month. Anyhow the canopy and side door fell apart as soon as I took the thing out of the box. I was looking at the Spits with the new paint scheme at TRU yesterday, all the aircraft had huge gaps between the top and bottom wing panels and other problems. But for $15 it would be tempting.
Last edited by Rowsdower on Tue Aug 07, 2007 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

blurx7
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by blurx7 » Tue Aug 07, 2007 2:37 pm

Rowsdower wrote:
hworth18 wrote:Yes, exact same planes.. And to be honest, they are okay, but not FOVs finest achievment.. I would only recommend them if you are planning some major reworking..
Yea I got one of thr FOV Spits from TRU last month I think it was. Anyhow the canopy and side door fell apart as soon as I took the thing out of the box. I was looking at the new paint scheme at TRU yesterday, all the aircraft had huge gaps between the top and bottom wing panels and other problems.
Yeah, but who else makes a 1/32 Spit that's affordable? I wish 21C would bring out a Spit.
Geoff

Fox Tare-28
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by Fox Tare-28 » Tue Aug 07, 2007 2:49 pm

blurx7 wrote: Yeah, but who else makes a 1/32 Spit that's affordable? I wish 21C would bring out a Spit.

And until that day comes, all one can do is either bite their lip and purchase the FOV Spit, pay an arm and a leg for Corgi's offering, or try to find a kit (I know Revell makes a Mk I and II in 1/32nd, but I don't know about the accuracy or if it's still in production).

Jagdpanther
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Jagdpanther » Tue Aug 07, 2007 2:55 pm

I also bought that Spitfire from TRU and payed $30, was maybe not worth it but like you said who makes a Spitfire. Hopefully 21st does I betting they will.

Fox Tare-28
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by Fox Tare-28 » Tue Aug 07, 2007 2:59 pm

Jagdpanther wrote:I also bought that Spitfire from TRU and payed $30, was maybe not worth it but like you said who makes a Spitfire. Hopefully 21st does I betting they will.

I'll take that bet. They'll probably do scaled down versions of their XD counterparts first and work their way up. A Seafire with folding wings would be great.

Rowsdower

Post by Rowsdower » Tue Aug 07, 2007 6:21 pm

I agree with all of you guys. I love Spitfires, especially the later marks so I will likely snap one up if I see one at Target, but for $30 at TRU is was hesitant, especially seeing all the glue and repair work i'd have to do.

I don't have my Spitfire book here but the IX with the longer nose and four blade prop which I think the FOV version emulates and the late/post war Griffon engined variants with the five bladed prop and bubble canopy would be great to see from 21st! Seems only the earlier models get made.

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Tue Aug 07, 2007 10:12 pm

I found the 1:72 FOV Blackhawk at Target today. It is part of the "Extreme Battle" series that includes the LCM3 Landing Craft, Halftrack and Tank sets. Very nice little helo, and it includes figures in the cockpit. Goes quite well with the FOV 1:72 modern tanks & troops. They also had the 1:48 Blackhawk, which itself was quite tempting for $15 :wink:
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

Rowsdower

Post by Rowsdower » Wed Aug 08, 2007 9:10 am

tmanthegreat wrote:I found the 1:72 FOV Blackhawk at Target today. It is part of the "Extreme Battle" series that includes the LCM3 Landing Craft, Halftrack and Tank sets. Very nice little helo, and it includes figures in the cockpit. Goes quite well with the FOV 1:72 modern tanks & troops. They also had the 1:48 Blackhawk, which itself was quite tempting for $15 :wink:
Sweet! The 1:48 blackhawk is $30 at TRU! I'm gonna hit TRU and Target again today, I try to go every second day. I'd love to score some FOV goodies at Target!

hworth18

Post by hworth18 » Wed Aug 08, 2007 10:32 am

At my Target there were 4 different battle packs, one with the Landing craft, One with a US halftrack w/figures, one with a Sherman tankw/figures and one with the Blackhawk..
-Howard Stark

blurx7
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by blurx7 » Wed Aug 08, 2007 3:54 pm

Target is also getting the M26 Dragon Wagon. I picked one up there yesterday.
Geoff