Contest?

Your forum dedicated to 1/32nd and smaller plastic and metal figures and vehicles.
V2 MAN
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by V2 MAN » Tue Jul 24, 2007 10:10 am

I like the idea of the deadline being in november. I would like a option whether you do not have to do a storyline but you are allowed. Customs should be allowed. For the criteria i think the judges should be looking at the scenery if you are doing a outside dio on if it is close to 1/18 scale. Also how accurate it is. Also say if you are doing 1/18 you are only allowed to use 1/18 scale stuff in your diorama. You should be allowed to do more than one diorama. Maybe a limited # of 2. I've narrowed mine down to 3 choices i could do- a marine diorama, a dak diorama and a regular d-day dio. So when does the contest begin :twisted:
[url=http://ubanimator.com][img4e]http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/5694/userbar650558jb9.gif[/img4e][/url]

GOOD TRADE CONTACTS:
Coreyeagle48
migmadmavis
The one and only RAZOR17019
Rowsdower
Grunt1
Holensock
Blasto
tambo

Col.Pickle
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Col.Pickle » Tue Jul 24, 2007 10:39 am

IN for 1/32 and possible 1/18th! Okay so far we have 8 ppl. (including me) who have said IN. So far there hasn't been any 1/72/1/144th ppl interested who are in yet so if there is no interest we will limit it to 1:32 and 1:18th. I know there is more ppl who have posted here but they haven't said IN yet. Also I will create a new topic under customs and mods called Diorama Contest. Please put all further posts there thnx!
"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived."
- General Patton

Philip
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Philip » Wed Jul 25, 2007 2:05 pm

Can we submit dioramas in 1/144? If so, I am in.

warhawker
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by warhawker » Thu Jul 26, 2007 7:45 am

Philip wrote:Can we submit dioramas in 1/144? If so, I am in.
I am in with Philip 1/144.....but if this scale is a wash with you I am TOTALLY ok with 1/32 and 1/18

blurx7
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by blurx7 » Fri Jul 27, 2007 8:03 pm

I would really like to see this go, but it is just meandering for lack of judges.
Coreyeagle said he would judge, but then bowed out.
Dr Mindbender volunteered but has not been around for awhile.
V2 Man said he would judge, then said he wouldn't, then that he would, and I don't know what he wants to do now.
Lightning has not said he would or would not judge, only offered some criteria ideas, and offered to provide some prizes ( though I also detected an underlying theme indicating he would prefer to have some aid in this department.
I offered to judge, and have tried to contact Lightning twice to try and get something going, but have had no reply.
Frankly, this is getting old.
Unless stuff is going on which has not been posted on the board, then if this is going to happen, two things need to occur.
1/ Two other volunteer judges need to come forward. One could be Lightning, but I don't think he wants to do it. Contact me directly and we can get something started.
2/ Lightning needs to state firmly that he will provide at least three prizes ( as he suggested... one for 1/72 scale and smaller, one for 1/32-1/35, and one for 1/16-1/18)
Otherwise, this isn't going anywhere anytime soon.
:cry:
Geoff

KAMIKAZE
Officer - Brigadier General
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by KAMIKAZE » Fri Jul 27, 2007 10:50 pm

Good points blurx7. As someone who has sponsored 3 contests now I have a little insight on how hard it is to get things going. The main reason why I judged the contests in the past is to keep it simple. It is much easier for one person to put together because it takes a lot of time and dialog between judges who may or may not agree. Lightning is offering the prizes. Let him run this thing. He is a great guy and very trustworthy. I am anxious to start my own diorama so I hope we get the kinks out soon.

Mark
Last edited by KAMIKAZE on Sun Jul 29, 2007 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm a legend in my own mind.

lightning2000
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Contest

Post by lightning2000 » Sat Jul 28, 2007 5:07 pm

Hi All,
Our original intent was to simply sponsor the contest, not serve as a judge due to current and planned workload. That said, it looks as if I'll serve as the judge, jury and executioner! :lol:

So, I need to get a firm idea how many people are genuinely interested in participating in this contest. If there arent enough participants in each sub-category, then it might make sense to just have one open casting call where a 1:72 scale dio could be up against a 1:18 scale battleground.

I was hoping to have three subcategories with a winner for each and then an overall grand prize winner. Othewise, we can just go with a first, second and third prize if everything is lumped together. What do you guys think?

Lightning2000
www.themotorpool.net
Create Your Own Battlefield in Miniature or Build Your Own Private War Museum...The Choice is Yours at The Motor Pool!

Philip
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Philip » Sat Jul 28, 2007 6:40 pm

I would have open scale categories, no sub-categories. Whatever scale someone has done or is planning to do, is fine with me. I have seen great dioramas in a variety of scales.

Jay
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Jay » Sun Jul 29, 2007 1:00 pm

Again......I'm IN for 1/18th!

This is starting to drag on a bit. I'm with kamikaze on the one judge thing so I think:

ONE judge (otherwise we have to many people "stirring the pot").
ONE line of prizes (lightning 2000: I think it would make it easier if we just have 1st, 2nd and 3rd prizes regardless of scale. If a dio is truly great - it will show, regardless of scale).

And we should also set (within a week) and start and finish deadline.
Lightning2000, if you do want to be the one and only judge, thats cool with me. Kinda makes sense that the prize sponsor should decide who should receive the prize.

Lets get this thing rolling!
"you get in a steep dive in this thing and you've got almost no maneuvarabilty at all. You couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with the broad side of another barn"

Col.Pickle
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Re: Contest

Post by Col.Pickle » Sun Jul 29, 2007 4:21 pm

lightning2000 wrote:Hi All,
Our original intent was to simply sponsor the contest, not serve as a judge due to current and planned workload. That said, it looks as if I'll serve as the judge, jury and executioner! :lol:

Othewise, we can just go with a first, second and third prize if everything is lumped together. What do you guys think?
Please don't feel pressured to be a judge/sponsor/etc. Lightning if you don't have the time. If all else fails I guess I can suck it up and be a judge since I started this in the first place. And yes that might be easier (and cheaper). Also I am going to email 21st Century tomorow asking if they might like to provide a small prize. If any one else wants to do this or has objections please speak up before tomorrow nite. I really don't want to see this thing stalemate cause it sounds like alotta fun.
"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived."
- General Patton

Col.Pickle
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Col.Pickle » Sun Jul 29, 2007 4:25 pm

Also from now on please use the topic on contest in the customs and mods forum so its not so confusing.
- General Patton